Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year IM, this year sprints and olys.

P3

Miami, FL

Marcel
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) tri's sprint en this year (I hope) oly., running 10k, 10 m and 1/2 marathon, cycling

2) principia rcs6 2003 xs (ultegra)

3) Arnhem, the Netherlands

Petra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slow Twitches: Duathlon, Stairclimbing, Adventure Tri, MTB, Road Running and Trail Running....I'll do 40+ races this year.

Bikes: Road--Serotta CSi

Duathlons--Serotta CXII

MTB--Cannondale F3000SL

Resides: Indianapolis, IN
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [pbroyl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Sprint and Oly tris

2) Trek 2300 road bike w/aerobars, used Shamal front and (plan to get) CH Aero cover for rear

3) Chicago IL

I think I'm the poster boy for cerveloguy's fast-twitch newbie training and equipment plan.

In Reply To:
Pure Demographics here:

What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..) 2 Half-IMs, 2 Oly, metric century rides, half- & full marathons

What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have? Giant MCR2 - long training rides & races Cannondale F300 (mtb) - trainer/rainy days

Where do you reside and where? (generally, no addresses) Horsham, PA

Thanks for all your input!

-SD

Rgds,

Joey2makSmile
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doing 3 sprint/oly tri, 1 1/2IM and a full IM in the fall. Have a 25K in May. Iceman in the fall.

Trek Hilo 1000 '99 (wish i knew then what I know now and I would have gone to Tom D and probably be more comfortable - next bike when kids are done with college.)

Mtn Bike HooKoo something 98

West Michigan where there are some hills and lots of paved roads to roam.

Larry

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dus. No specific plans. A bit of road racing, as well.

199? GT Course 853 road bike, soon to have S&S Couplers installed.

1999-2001 Corima Fox, with too many weird parts to list, including bunnyman institute seatpost, one-piece aerobar, Bartol System, Sweetwings crank, etc., etc.

Race wheels: Renn disc, Lew Sydney, and Nimble Fly, along with a really, really old Sun Mistral with 16 bladed spokes on oooooold school American Classic hub.

Live in the St. Louis, MO metro area.
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [TriOwensboro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..)

Tri - A few sprints, a couple of Oly, and 1 or 2 1/2 IM's this year

What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have?

Cervelo/P3/2001 Omega/?/~1998 Cannondale/2.8 R900/1993
Where do you reside and where? (generally, no addresses)

Southwestern North Carolina (very near SC, where most of my rides go) .

Quote | Reply
1/2 IMs and a couple sprints this year, pretty much the same last year.

Bike: 01 QR Tequilo with aquired upgrades, REV-X tubular race wheels.

MTB is an old-ass-beat-down-I'll-have-to-snap-the-frame-to-justify-buying-a-new-one-ridgid-fork Univega I got in Germany in 93 that sees off-road during the off-season and laterly has been my main mode of transpotation back and forth to class at Army staff college

Currently Ft Leavenworth, Leavenworth KS; soon to be Ft Campbell, Clarksville TN.

Jim
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I think I'm the poster boy for cerveloguy's fast-twitch newbie training and equipment plan."

Good disc choice, that's for sure!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathlons, from sprint to IM

Brand new 2004 Russ Denny custom and 2001 Specialized Allez Comp

Chapel Hill, NC
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [mckenzie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you doing the "GRIZ" Tri in missula or "Peaks to Praires"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

sprints last year, more of the same with Oly this year, and working up my courage for a half.

Ride a late 80s steel-framed touring bike, from which I have removed fenders, luggage carriers, lights, etc. A bit heavy, but faster than you´d think. Someday when the budget permits I´ll have a real tri-bike.

Live north of Frankfurt, Germany

First post on this forum.

J
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

What sport are you slowly twitching? First 1/2 IM in June, 3 -4 other's yet to be determined.

What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have? Tri bike is a Martec (just like a BP Stealth) Renn disc and Hed-3 front (2003). Also have a Fuji Steel frame road bike with Ultegra (2001) and a Specialized Stumpjumper duel shox mt bike (2001).

Where do you reside and where? Abilene, Texas
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm going for the 'GRIZ' tri. i've heard it's not a bad little race (and, it's the biggest race in montana - at least that's what they say on the entry form). i have no vehicle myself (aside from the bike, obvioulsy), and friends racing in missoula, so i have to snag the ride when i can.

other than that i think i'm going to helena for their oly this summer, and perhaps spokane for the 1/2 IM. other than that, i have to learn the race schedule to figure out what's going on when (i know the mideast schedule pretty well, but that doesn't help much out here).

i'm also planning on running the jim bridger run and the bridger ridge run, so we'll see how that goes.

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [mckenzie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I might be doing the "Griz" depends on my leg. To bad you can not do Peaks to Praires(8.8 mile run 43 mile bike 23 kayak)from Red lodge to Billings,its a week after the Griz. Its a blast. You can also do teams. Matbe some people where you are at will do a team and yoy could come on down? Here is the link. If you are interseted let me know. I might be able to find someone from where you are at that is coming down. I know that there are people from Bozeman that come over for it.

http://athletics.rocky.edu/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So far have three half IM's planned (Wildflower, Vineman & Big Kahuna) but looking for some Oly's to do as well.

Bike Collection:

Road: '97 Kestrel 200EMS

Tri: '02 QR PicanTi

MTN: '95 Specialized Stumpjumper

? Univega beater mtn bike

I reside about 60 miles north of San Francisco in Sonoma County

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Pure Demographics here:

What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..) Olympic distance tri. So far I'm entered at Wildflower and Escape from Alcatraz. Thinkin' about doing my first out-of-state triathlon in Chicago (whatever Mrs. T's is called these days)

What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have? Road: 2002 Cannondale R4000, totally stock, all black. Road # 2: '98(?) Specialized Epic w/ carbon frame. Virtually everything replaced, Bontrager Race Lite wheels, triple cranks, carbon fork, Chris King headset, carbon bars, etc. Triathlon: Moongoose Pro (essentially a BP Stealth), bright orange, with a Renn disc and new FSA compact carbon cranks.

Where do you reside and where? (generally, no addresses) Vacaville, CA- between Sacramento and San Francisco

-SD
Last edited by: danielito: Mar 22, 04 15:23
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Pure Demographics here:

What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..) What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have?

-SD

1) Last year IM, this year not sure, probably just a lot of riding and hopefully a fall marathon, next year an off-road Ironman.

2)

beater bike: Bianchi

mountainbike: Serotta soft-tail (labeled Mongoose - ex-Steve Larsen). Very sweet but I'm selling it since I am not doing it justice. But it is so pretty with all the sponsor logos and trick stuff.

road bike: Cervelo SuperProdigy Team (another bike I don't do justice but I'm not selling, more even than how it rides I like the state of mind it puts me in, it whispers "10 hr ride" every time I get near it).

tri bike: P3 and yes, compact cranks.

3) Toronto

Gerard

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sport: No racing. Semi-regular MTB ride. Bike commuting with a couple of extra laps around the park on the way home. Aiming to do my first tri this year.

Bike: 2001 Diamondback Sorrento MTB (will buy a new bike late this year)

Reside: Sydney, Australia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure...

Olympic-dist. Triathlons

Cervelo P2K (with 8-spd and Zipps), Santa Cruz Blur, Redline Conquest Road (with mech. disc brakes)

Chicago west suburbs

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
- Several sprints, 1 international, 1 half IM, and IMF this year.

-2003 QR Tequilo that I flipped over a dog yesterday.

Where do you reside and where?
-Florida Panhandle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just getting in to all of this, so this year I am just going to race cat 5 and do as many TTs as possible. I haven't yet figured out how to run pain free (after running in college and trashing my bod), and i sink like a log when swimming, so I have a way to go on my tri-preparation.

I have a 2004 P2K and a C-dale R1000

Davis, CA

http://www.kenyawilds.com/faculty.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This year: sprint tris, maybe an Oly.
Focusing on a fall marathon

Tri bike: '00 C'dale MS1000
Road: '01 C'dale CAAD5 custom build kit

East L.A. county
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever race I have the time and money for

1997 Klein Quantum II

Long Island NY
Quote Reply

Prev Next