Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pure Demographics here:

What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..)
Tri-sprints, hopefully my first OLY in Louisville this summer

What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have?
2003 Raleigh Competition

Where do you reside and where? (generally, no addresses)
Owensboro, Kentucky
Just moved from Grayson County, Kentucky did most of my riding there. I am looking for places to ride and groups to ride with in Owensboro. Joined the YMCA for my swimming, you can run anywhere in Owensboro. Great city!
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri's of any shape or size -- from sprints to IM. I suck, but I'll sign up for anything.

2001 Cervelo P2K. The Big Red Machine.

Central Wisconsin.

-- Big EE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm training for 1/2 IMs, on my journey to a full in 2006.

My rides are as follows:

1) 2004 Elite Razor
2) 1999 Specialized Allez Pro
3) 2003 Surly Steamroller (Fixed Gear Commuter Bike)

I live and train in the big apple.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training for sprint and oly tris. Will do the occassional 10k or open water swim, schedule and mood permitting.

Got a Vitus, year= old. It's got 7-speed DA on it, which I think means it's just a little younger than me. Probably. ;)

I live on the bike course of IMCDA. Last year when I picked up my Sunday paper, I could've knocked Heather Golnick off her bike if I was so inclined. If you did IMCDA last year, odds are I watched you bike from the shade of my patio with a cold beer in my hand. Not that I'm rubbing it in, or anything.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3-4 Halfs, IMFL,

Kestrel KM 40

Dallas, Tx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri sprint to IM

02 Griffen triton was on Kestrel 200sci

central oklahoma
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathlons up to IM, running up to marathon

02 Softride Qualifier

03 Marin Bear Valley MTB

Fairbanks, Alaska
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
climbing (as in rock and high-altitude mntn) and off-season stuff now, getting ready for a summer of short-course racing (no more long course for 2 years!), then fall mountain biking, cross-country running and rock climbing, then winter mountaineering, swimming and indoor track. will punctuate racing seasons with Beer Miles. (http://www.beermile.com)

riding:

-rocky mountain hammer

-peugeot ventoux

-kestrel KM-40 (original version)

-picking a soloist for short course soon

in edmonton, alberta.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sport - ocasional Du's, used to bike race (road only)

Bikes - 2002 Softride Qualifier, 80's Nishiki Linear (old school time trial 24" front 700c rear), 90's Schwinn 564, Couple of early 90's Paramount MTB's, 02 Tsunami Compact, Couple of early 90's Burley Tandems, just built up Tsunami Triplet (my secret training weapon - nothing like toting 60#'s of bike and 95#'s of kids), I left off the young kids bikes ;-)

Where - South of New Orleans
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couple of olys, 1 half and IMC this year

2001 Cervelo P3

Rocky Mountain Hammer

Winnipeg, Manitoba

Evan Nitschmann
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
'B' race: Striders Duathlon, 'A' races: Buffalo Springs Lake Triathlon, Ironman Canada.

1997 Cannondale R800, Giant ATX mountain bike (lots of mountains here in Houston, Texas), Litespeed Blade.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1/2 IM focus, couple of stage races, off-road tri, cross

TT- Guru Crono

MTB- Cannondale Scalpel 2000

Road- Cannondale R4000 CAAD6

Cross- Mongoose Scandium

Portland, OR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. I am a washed up, semi-retired fomer triathlete/runner. Not training for anything specific. Perhaps a century ride this summer.

2. Cervelo Erye Road bike

3. Aurora, Ontario - about an 1/2 hour north of Toronto( where I am pleased to say it was -13C this morning!!)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What sport are you slowly twitching? Half-Ironman while working up to my IM debut in '05.

What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have? 2003 Giant TCR 1 Composite w/ Dura Ace, Ksyrium SSC, Profile Jammers

Where do you reside and where? Sammamish, WA
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Races: after a 9 year hiatus, a half IM this year, then IMFL next year to celebrate turning 50.

Bikes: Softride Rocket TT7, DA 10. Rivendell Romulus, the all steel, befendered wintertime wonder. Gary Fisher MTB, Sugar 2.

I live and train on Martha's Vineyard, an island off the coast of Massachusetts.
Last edited by: norton: Mar 22, 04 10:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm training for cycling (collegiate race season), running (10k, maybe a marathon later this year), tri season, as well as a little bit of masters swimming.

i ride a 99 kestrel 200 sci, and i also have (but not out here with me) a guru trilite and a giant tcr1 about 3/4 built

i'm living in bozeman montana, which luckily has been melting over the past 2 weeks.

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

>> Cal 1/2 IM, SD R&R Marathon, Vineman IM

>> 2003 Kestrel KM40 w/ Dura ace, HED3 & HED Alps.

>> Orange County, CA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sprints and Olympics throughout New England on a stock '03 p2k.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sports: Road racing - 10K and up...prepping for St. Louis marathon on 4/4...tri's - couple Oly's, couple o' 1/2 IM's and IM WI. Possibly a TT thrown in for good measure.

Bike - '00 Litespeed Ultimate 57 cm/Dura Ace 9/Speedplay Zero's

Home - northern IL...although I prefer riding in southern WI.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri and Du, sprint to HIM, with '04 focus on HIM PR(s)

Tri: '98 GT Vengeance - DA9 - Syntace - Renn/H3

Road: '96 GT Rage - DA/Sora8/105/Tiagra mishmosh

MTB: '97 Specialized Stumpjumper (STEEL! last of the breed, sadly) - Englund equipped Judy SL - S-Works/XT/XTR mishmosh

Cruiser: '01 Dyno Moto-Glide, "dumbed down" to a singlespeed & coaster brake configuration

Lusby, Maryland...but Home is still Wisconsin

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Pure Demographics here:

Road Racing (mainly stage racing), TT, may do a sprint Tri in fall, mountain bike for fun, the occasional downhill or 24 hour race. In the past have run marathon, ultramarathon, Tri including IM, Mountain Bike Races etc.
What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have? Morati Road Bike, Giant Aero TT Bike, Fixed Gear Road Bike of undetermined parentage rescued from dumpster, Turner 5-spot and Surly Single Speed Mountain Bikes

Where do you reside and where? (generally, no addresses) Arizona
Thanks for all your input!

-SD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I race Du's sprint, half, going to pop my first Ironman this fall

Rides:
Road, Trek 2000 frame/105 groupo
Tri, Serotta Tri-Colorado/Ultegra
Mtn, Motiv converted to Single-Speed

I live in Bloomington, IN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri’s- sprints to half-IMs normally. IMC this year (currently IM virgin).

1984 Bianchi Nuovo Racing (semi-mothballed)

1988 Cilo (quite active)

1991 Rocky Mountain Hammer (just for fun)

2004 Cervelo P3 (Schizophrenic inducing bike: can’t wait to race it, too worried about performance being outclassed by the bike, but boy is it ever pretty!)

Northern New Jersey (actually train a lot in New York), about 33 miles NW of NYC.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Tris only........focus on 1/2 IM this year, with a slight possiblity of a late season IM.

2. '03 Kestrel KM40, '97 QR Tequilo........both full D/A

3. A little bitty burg in the White Mtns of Northeastern Arizona

G

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla.........you don't stop when you're tired.........you stop when the gorilla is tired.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Just coaching and training... no real racing planned this year while I support my crew.

Mine: Orbea Chrono w/ Dura Ace 9 + Zipp 404s, Shimano DA Carbon wheels, Habanero Ti w/ Record 10, Wife's: Orbea Orca w/ Record 10 + American Classic Carbons, Orbea Starship w/ Record 10, Orbea Altec w/ Centaur 10

Victoria BC

Joel

www.CompetitionZone.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next