Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Road Racing, Sprint Tri, Mtb, Someday Oly

2003 Litespeed Tuscany, 2004 Cervelo Dual, 2002 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR-XCPro, more for her

Murrieta, Southern Cal, Train in SF Valley to San Diego

Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm training for two late season IMs. I'll do other races in the spring and summer as preparation/fitness tests. The IMs are the big goals.

Bikes:
Road: 2002 Merckx Team SC
Tri: 2004 Cervelo P3

Location: Central Illinois. Worst place in the world to live. Very very very very flat. The only hills in about 4 counties are freeway overpasses.

-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel your pain. I, myself, live in a certain armpit of the great lakes region. When I was a stupid college boy here, I'd go out with a friend and (after TTT'ing out to the countryside) we'd half-wheel each other in a (usually roaring in springtime) headwind or crosswind until one of us cracked. Trippy. We'd have routes like "col de la state line road" or "alto de Blissfield".

Hills are a treat. Flat, windy rides just break your soul.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sprint to Half IM

Kestrel 200EMS

Woodside, CA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Racing: Sprint tris, mtb racing

Bike: Moderately upgraded Cannondale Jekyll 600

Live: Ottawa, Ontario

Ride: Gatineau Park

Need: Road bike :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [Jekyll] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Racing: Road, Cyclocross, and Olympic Tri's (first one this year)

Bike: Which One?? 05 Specialized Allez (trainer bike/bastardized tri rig) 05 Kona JTS (cyclocross racing rig) 01 Merckx Strada OS (Long road rides/group rides) 07 Soma Smoothie (Road racing rig/ solo rides)

Live: Rochester, MN

Ride: Any long country road with lots of hills

Need: True Tri bike, maybe in the fall.

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

http://physasst.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [B-Dub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am slowly twitching my way into the triathlon world, transitioning from mtb and road racing. Working on sprints now with aspirations of 1/2 IM.

06 Specialized Transition
05 On-One 29er single speed
04 Specialized Epic
01 Trek 5900 OCLV (USPS edition)

I ride and race all over New England, trying to concentrate on triathlons, but still do the occasional road crit or mtb race.

Jeff

Pain is weakness leaving the body
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Train for Tris: "A" races are: Nationals Oly and Timberman but also doing 70.3 Switzerland and 8 sprints and olys and one 1/2 marathon
Ride(s): 2005 Cannondale R5000 and 2007 Six13
Live: Coastal Maine/NH - and it is sooooooo freaking cold!! Opening day for Red Sox tomorrow and it is supposed to be only 40 degrees - that's football weather!!

Kat Donatello
2015 Betty Designs Team
RD, The Pumpkinman Triathlon Festival
http://www.pumpkinmantriathlon.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri Bike: Guru Crono '06, DA
Road Bike: Specialized S-Works E5 '06, DA

My Felt DA '03 and Felt F1R '03 are now both for sale.
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The occasional tri, mainly sprints. I like to train more then race. Also, its hard for me to find time being a single parent of a 4 year old.

Bikes: Cervelo P3SL and a Colnago C40

Im currently stationed at Fort Polk, LA. I do most of my rides on post. Little to no traffic in the training areas but the roads suck. My longer rides are done on the "nicer" roads off post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
crit races and all distance tri's

I ride a 2006 orbea opal with ksyrium sl's and DA

And I train in cleveland and race pretty much anywhere

-Eric

@CycleHeavy
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see you live in Vevey. I bought a couple of hospitals in your area in the 1980s for one of my clients. Charmette Hospital in Lasaunne and Clinque de Genolier in Genolier. Had dinner in Vevey at Dr. Hauf's house cooked by suposedly the No. 1 cook in the world at the time Chiardre (sic)? It was 11 pm, I was tired, and did not apppreciate it.
Once ran along Lake Lamond (Geneva) in Lausanne with a shower cap from the Beau Rivage Hotel. It was cold and, as they say, "any port in a storm." The Swiss stared at me as if I was an alien and gave me their extra dour look they save for anyone doing anything unSwisslike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Annually do about 6-10 5k and 10k races, one du and 3-5 sprint tris (retired from olys when I turned 50). Ride a 2002 Cervelo One and usually only race in Chicagoland unless I get the itch to race in Wisconsin and kick some Packer fan butt. Da Bears.
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [MPB1950] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oly, Half IM and IM's

HED. Aerolab VO4 (2006)

San Antonio, TX

---------------------------
"This wheel definitely beat the 808 in this test, no question, and I do commend Hed on producing a really fast wheel...the wheel is fast, I am not disputing that." - joshatzipp on the Stinger 9
My Website
HEDmafia.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas from Michigan.
Ride a Saber when I tri, and ride in Hawaii.
Use a Litespeed Hyperion road frame when I tour in Italia.

www.bicitreregioni.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndyPants
Boyfriend
Anywhere, anytime baby ;-)

AP

Edit: ok ok, the real answer

Andy in Vancouver BC
Olmo with Campy (veloce) and about to get my Soloist with DuraAce ;-)
UBC, Horseshoe Bay w or w/o Cypress ;-), Maple Ridge/Mission/Ft.Langley and beyond, occasionally Richmond. Oh yeah and trainer rides and the odd spin class.

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: AndyPants: Apr 9, 07 20:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. tris (sprint to 1/2 IM), occasional centruries
2. 04 javelin tri bike, 00 trek cyclocross, 99ish bianchi roadie
3. long beach, ca - mostly ride on pch, over in palos verdes or in the angeles crest
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..)

What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have?

Where do you reside and where do you ride? (generally, no addresses)
  • Mainly Long-distance Tri stuff
  • 2007 Litespeed Saber (being built right now)
  • Live in Edmonton, Alberta...ride locally but try to get to the mountains 3-4 times a year for some long rides and climbs!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training for my 1st Ironman, otherwise have done a sprint and 3 oympic. Seriously contemplating a 50mile ultra run just to spite my wife who says I will injure myself (all though I probably will). And no, I have never been into running untill a couple years ago.

2006 Kuota K-Factor with Spinergy PBO Stealths, carbon Bontrager compact crank, and the usual other stuff.
2004 Klein Aura X road bike with the only upgrade being a set of Bontrager Race X-Lite Aero wheels.

I live in Ames Iowa, home of the Iowa State University Cyclones (and yes we currently suck in just about everything but wrestling but we hired all new coaches for just about every sport so give it some time) I mainly ride from house, but am considering trying to hang with the local roadie group ride from my LBS, but I think they are a bit to fast for me right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Discipline:
Just about everything

Bikes: (several of which are loaned out to different people)

Elite Razor Custom(03)
Xplosive Road bike(06)
3 Redline Cross bikes
Yeti ASRX (05)
Yeti ARC (05)
Calfee Track Bike (bought from a friend. The frame has 10 world championships and a world record in it - none of them mine!)
Raleigh Track Bike (older than I am)
Ibis Custom mtn. bike (Mid 80's)
Fat City Yo Eddy (I forget)
TiCycles Custom Road Bike (96)
2 TiCycles Cross bikes ('01)
Prototype Russian Ti Road Bike (fenderized)
Centurian Prestige-tubed road frame, fixe fender bike conversion (I have no idea)

Live in Seattle, ride all over the place.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
andrew

race tris...sprint to Ironman...and running races, thinking about some trail runs this season.

roadbike...Fondriest Domino Carbon w/ DA9 and Mavic Ksiriums.
tribike...BMC TT02 w/ SRAM Force10, Rotorcranks, HED3c(R) and Zipp404(F).

ride all around the Boulder area.

Last edited by: andrew: Apr 10, 07 6:48
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [MPB1950] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The Swiss stared at me as if I was an alien and gave me their extra dour look they save for anyone doing anything unSwisslike"

LOL, yeah you'll get that :-)))

No excuse for eating at Girardet and not appreciating the moment though. People (including me) will kill you if you say this in front of them :-).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What - IMs, half IMs and the odd Oly for fun.

Tri bike: Cervelo P2C 2006
Road bike: Klein Q Carbon 2003

Where - Tokyo, Japan

Where ever there is no traffic! Mainly on bike pathways along rivers and in the mountains.

Keren
https://www.triathlonintokyo.org/
https://quintanarootri.com/ https://en-jp.wahoofitness.com/ https://www.worldtriathlonstore.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ITU Long Course stuff, Half IM, IM mainly (OD every so often)

Tri- Kestrel Talson SL (2004), Oval 900 Bars, Token 85mm race wheels (sensational), full Dura ace (I love this bike)
Road - Specilized Tarmac E5 (2005) (Ultegra/FSA cranks)
Winter Training - Avanti Kona
MTB - Cannondale something (have to get rid of it as I don't ride it!)

Ride whenever, wherever and as often as I can.

Reside - Sydney Australia
Quote Reply

Prev Next