Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by drohc
Last edited by: drohc: Aug 9, 12 7:38
Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [drohc] [ In reply to ]

drohc wrote:

BTW, I don't see Tony Stewart getting into Local stockcar racing after NASCAR!

Sounds like you need to be posting here.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=1566945;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [drohc] [ In reply to ]

If a competitor want to compete in their age group, so be it. Fast people are everywhere, deal with it.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699

I don't believe you can race as a pro during the year and then later in the year race AG, due to the way the elite license is issued.

AG -> Pro yep.

Post deleted by drohc [ In reply to ]

You are a complete pussy and USAT's response is 100% on the money. Again, to reiterate the key point, you are a whining pussy. Toughen up a bit and stop making excuses.

I think that MultiSport Canada has come up with a good solution in the Recharge with Milk Triathlon Series in Ontario. In addition to Pro and AG categories, there is also an "Elite Age Group" category. Entrants are typically high level amateurs (possibly with some level of sponsorship) or ex-pros. You don't need an elite card to qualify, you just have to submit proof of meeting time standards. Since there is definitely a grey area between AG and pro, the EAG category serves as a catchall for these athletes.

CodyBeals.com | Instagram | TikTok
ASICS | Ventum | Martin's | HED | VARLO | Shimano | 4iiii | Keystone Communications

You are trying to stir up negative emotions about an athlete. You clearly have an axe to grind or you would not have brought it up. Do I need to restate my point again?

Last edited by: drohc: Aug 9, 12 7:36
Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]

The way I read it a Pro can justr enter any AG race at any time, then immediately re apply for a Pro card.. I'm not sure thats a good idea, but I have no issue whatsoever with a Pro winning the OG retiring and race AGer. Seem like changing your status 1 x per year is reasonable, but maybe I read the policy wrong.

Styrrell

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]

X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate the sentiment! I don't race against her either, so tell me why you are bringing this up almost a year after it happened? My point is that your motive are not as innocent as you are trying to make it out to be. I don't know what it is, but saying you just "opened it up for discussion" is pretty transparent.

I have no problem with it and actually think it's pretty cool. Are ex-pros supposed to race pro forever? Susan is close to 45. How about Dave Scott? He's almost 60 and still kicking ass.

Formerly DrD

T-wrecks wrote:
I appreciate the sentiment! I don't race against her either, so tell me why you are bringing this up almost a year after it happened? My point is that your motive are not as innocent as you are trying to make it out to be. I don't know what it is, but saying you just "opened it up for discussion" is pretty transparent.

Would it be appropriate to race against Lance A. as a amateur at nationals? I don't have a firm feeling either way but it does seem odd that a medal winner in the olympics in the same sport is in the same category as someone who competes in the amateur nationals who hopes to be on the US amateur team. And yes I don't mind someone calling be a name for my opinion but ....an opinion on the OP subject would be more interesting.
Last edited by: redhusky: Aug 9, 12 8:04

What do you propose the policy should be, then? That a once-pro needs to stay pro? For how long? Forever? She is 43 years old with a job and kids and could in no way compete as a pro at this point. Get her pro card, yes, but a 2:06 Olympic time isn't going to finish in the money at any race. So in essence you would prefer that she sit around in this athletic purgatory until she is slower and more on par with other AGers? That's hardly fair. I don't envy the position she is in but I still don't see any problem with the existing policy.

I didn't hear the comments last year after AG Nats but if they were anonymous whispers from the haters in the crowd I can guess what they were.

ETA: She's not in the start list for 2012 anyway.
Last edited by: T-wrecks: Aug 9, 12 8:16

USAT should absolutely not change the policy. If you can't beat them tough shit. Train more. AG Nationals is an elite race already. There shouldn't be an "amateur elite" wave at a championship event.