Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tyler Hamilton's stuff starting to come out [stef32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stef32 wrote:
NC Fartstorm wrote:
stef32 wrote:
he wants to cash in just like canseco did

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Canseco right about pretty much everything in his book

you are right, I never said he wasn't. All I'm saying is that he did it to make money so as Tyler.

What other forum does he have? He did the 60 minutes interview and other interviews for free. Books are a traditional way to release information.
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler Hamilton's stuff starting to come out [Paulo Sousa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Remember his website belivetyler.com? Looks like its been taken down, but the good news is you can still buy the merchandise here: http://www.cafepress.com/believetyler. I can somewhat understand someone lying to the doping agencies and others to protect your career initially, but this guy took it so far as to collect donations and sell crap to support a cause he knew was phoney. He was a local kid (grew up near where I lived for a long time) who did well, paid his dues on the circut, had a great story with the collarbone/grinding teeth, a nice little charity that collected used bikes for underprivledged families, and eventually went on to be a team leader at CSC and Phonak. If he just said "yeah, I did it like everyone else, sorry" and took his suspension, I'd have some residual admiration for him. Now, I think he's nothing but a douchebag. I wont give him the $1.25 or whatever royalty he gets by buying his book. Maybe I'll donate it to whatever charity his wife supports instead, she left the lying dipshit.
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler Hamilton's stuff starting to come out [greensneakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It took it really far. Like stratospheric levels of lying. But then, Lance Armstrong and co. were far better. They took the lying far far far away to an other galaxy...
So, I'll buy Tyler's book absolutely. He got caught. He was in a culture of cheating for over a decade, and everyone around him was lying and cheating, so he
just did the same, because that's all they knew, and maybe he didn't have the right support outside of cycling. It's not an excuse for what he did, but it surely helps
understand a bit the type of environment.

But I really have to laugh at those throwing rocks at Tyler and Floyd, when Lance has taken that to a whole new level...
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler Hamilton's stuff starting to come out [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apartheid has been repealed since 1991, how old was Tyler when he defied this ban?
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler Hamilton's stuff starting to come out [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I understood the attitude/philosophy/motives of the UCI the day I went for an interview there (for a job). When the director of the UCI asked me what I thought about doping, his whole face froze when hearing my response, and that was the end of the interview (and of my chances to get the job).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paulo Sousa wrote:
More from Tyler:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...tm_campaign=features

What truly surprised me in this whole story is how corrupt the UCI is...

It makes their whole attitude and way they treated riders like Obree even more un-stomachable. So worried about his inovations giving him an unfare advantage but supports a riding who is gaining an unfare advantage in another way.
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler Hamilton's stuff starting to come out [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
JSA wrote:
I am going to ask what is potentially a really stupid question, so, don't tear into me too much. We keep hearing how these guys doped for years. When are we going to learn how they beat all the testing? I know EPO testing has not been around forever, but, what I want to hear from these guys is how did they beat the testing?

The information is already readily available in books or in many places on the net. It is not really a mystery at all on how to do it. It is especially easy when you always or nearly always have advance notice of the drug tests (which apparently the usps team did). If you're technically savvy (or paying big bucks to technically savvy, uh, "doctors" for advice), it is remarkably easy to beat every test if you do your homework.

Most smart and unbiased drug testers will tell that it is very, very hard to catch dopers via urine and blood tests. Sure, they catch a few, but easily 95% of doping athletes (that are on a clever program) will beat the tests. Especially when some types of PED or practices simply have no test at all for them. And when, in cycling, the compounds of interest don't actually have to be in your system at all during competition.

It's very difficult. I'd suggest the numbers are the opposite: 95% getting caught.
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler Hamilton's stuff starting to come out [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your girlfriend cheated on you, lied about it when you asked why she was suddenly spending so much time working late with a coworker, and then finally it comes out that she's having an affair, would you trust her?

The correct answer is no. And not ever trusting someone who has lied is a primary principle of the legal system.
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler Hamilton's stuff starting to come out [Sam Apoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sam Apoc wrote:
And not ever trusting someone who has lied is a primary principle of the legal system.

Would that not exclude all testimony?

Shane
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler Hamilton's stuff starting to come out [gsmacleod] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gsmacleod wrote:
Sam Apoc wrote:

And not ever trusting someone who has lied is a primary principle of the legal system.

Would that not exclude all testimony?

Shane

Sam's pretty much down to making shit up as (s)he goes along at this point...

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
95% of cheaters are getting caught?? Either you didn't read DSW's previous message carefully, or you're way way off base.
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler Hamilton's stuff starting to come out [TriTrev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriTrev wrote:
....and to all those that backed him both financially, and verbally, just another kick in the teeth.

He cheated, he got caught, he lied, and asked for assistance professing his innoncence for years.....nice, real nice

I wonder what Lance would have done if he had got caught? Would he have taken the Dave Millar route and at least shown some remorse, or would have have gone down the "I am innocent" path like Hamilton.

If it is as it looks increasingly to be the case that Armstrong did dope then he has also lied, but he still has many fans.

What I find hard is the way different riders are treated. Some riders are found to be doping and no Pro Tour team would touch them with a barge pole or they at least have to work back up to a major team while others are welcomed back with open arms. Some riders lie and they are forgiven by many. Vervaldi hasn't ever put is hand up or shown any remorse dispite the fact that there was DNA evidence yet he still has many fans cheering him in the Vuelta and he was give a warm return to his team. Virenque lied through his teeth but came bounding back. It aslo annoys me that in other sports

If it is the case that Hincapie did dope it is annoying that he has got to end his career on his terms as a hero with no punishment.

Perhaps given that it seems many of the top riders of that era were doping perhaps a line should be drawn and we should just look forward?

In someways you feel sorry for riders of that era as it is likely many of the Cycling greats before them doped but will still be viewed fondly. Also other sports it is just brushed under the carpet to keep the ££$ rolling in from sponsors.

There are certain people you feel need to be removed from Cycling for it fully heal (Riis for one).
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler Hamilton's stuff starting to come out [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He got caught. And went the route: who do I need to pay?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
greensneakers wrote:
... I wont give him the $1.25 or whatever royalty he gets by buying his book. Maybe I'll donate it to whatever charity his wife supports instead, she left the lying dipshit.

Really? You think she was innocent in all of that? I seem to remember her maiden name being on some sort of receipt in the Puerto documents and then BOTH of them going on TV and lying up a storm about it...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler Hamilton's stuff starting to come out [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The list of positives the UCI is rumored to have swept under the rug is long. Lance hasn't been the only benefactor of their corruption...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
greensneakers wrote:
Remember his website belivetyler.com? Looks like its been taken down, but the good news is you can still buy the merchandise here: http://www.cafepress.com/believetyler.

Hey, collectors: this stuff is going to be worth big bucks someday as historical 'artifacts' of a huge blunder. Seriously. Kind of like that old US stamp where they printed the airplane on it upside down. That super rare stamp is worth a bundle, nearly a million bucks.

So stock up now while you can ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler Hamilton's stuff starting to come out [cyclingsessions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We must haves been in the same local races. I remember that too. Another thing I remember is that all the locals who supported him wore his foundation kits with the "I Believe" logo that had a little blood drop, referring to his situation at the time. How disgusting that Tyler allowed his friends to do that knowing inside that he'd humiliate them in the end.

-----------------
Dale Stephanos (Formerly PappaD)

Quote Reply
Re: Tyler Hamilton's stuff starting to come out [uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uli wrote:
It was a good one though and I'll take that as a no.

Take it however you want it, in the end the question has nothing to do with my point and you still don't know my answer to it...despite thinking you do.
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler Hamilton's stuff starting to come out [QRNub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QRNub wrote:

Quote:
Of course it still doesn't change the fact that people are trumpeting how LA got everyone to dope at USPS and he was the big doping kingpin (heck, that's why Tygart wanted to bring him down..to save cycling!)

Quote:
That question has nothing to do with the point I made

You brought up the doping kingpin term and saving cycling. The question has everything to do with your point. I am of the opinion chasing the kingpins out will help clean up cycling for future riders. Again I ask:

Would you, or if you have children would you let them, join a team sponsored by LA, with Bruyneel as DS and Ferrari as the team doctor?

Even if it has nothing to do with your point, I'm interested. What's your answer?

[/quote]
1) No I simply used a word that aptly describes what some people think of Armstrong in this whole thing.

2) I think it's funny when people start demanding answers to questions that are clearly them trying to avoid the point being made and trying to set someone up to bash them. If you really were interested in my thoughts you would first discuss the point I have made a few times instead of trying to set me up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello. I'm earth. Have we met?
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler Hamilton's stuff starting to come out [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"There are certain people you feel need to be removed from Cycling for it fully heal (Riis for one). "

You're gonna need a bigger boat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sam Apoc wrote:
The correct answer is no. And not ever trusting someone who has lied is a primary principle of the legal system.

So, is the logical extension of this is, that if Armstrong confessed to doping, you wouldn't believe his confession because he had previously lied when proclaiming his innocence?
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler Hamilton's stuff starting to come out [pick6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pick6 wrote:
stef32 wrote:
NC Fartstorm wrote:
stef32 wrote:
he wants to cash in just like canseco did

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Canseco right about pretty much everything in his book

you are right, I never said he wasn't. All I'm saying is that he did it to make money so as Tyler.

What other forum does he have? He did the 60 minutes interview and other interviews for free. Books are a traditional way to release information.

60 minutes for free!!!!! I don't think so

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler Hamilton's stuff starting to come out [Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rambler wrote:
Apartheid has been repealed since 1991, how old was Tyler when he defied this ban?

Sorry, I wasn't being specific enough. I was responding to post about the corruptness of UCI and was referencing to McQuaid.

Side note, guess who else was with McQuaid on that trip?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hero! For sure.
Quote Reply

Prev Next