Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trek's latest tease....thoughts? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
iliketri wrote:
the hint is in the picture itself.

Anyone have this picture ?

Here you go. Take a look in the bottom left-hand corner. Looks like a metal mesh to me.

Quote Reply
Trek's latest tease..? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m going MTB related. They improved their women’s MTB riders this year. Also, every procal and top fuel 9.9 is out of stock........call your dealer and ask on the lead time

Quote Reply
Re: Trek's latest tease..? [boostedcvc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My local Trek shop told me the only change coming for the Top Fuel was that it was getting the Thru-Shaft shock from the Fuel Ex 9.9 for the Top Fuel 9.9 model.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek's latest tease..? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope so because I have a couple month old procal 9.9!!

Quote Reply
Re: Trek's latest tease..? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
My local Trek shop told me the only change coming for the Top Fuel was that it was getting the Thru-Shaft shock from the Fuel Ex 9.9 for the Top Fuel 9.9 model.

Top Fuel could do with a refresh. It's not old, but it's not that new, either... Quite a few of the newer Trek tech ("tech", marketing speak, whatever) has come out after the bike was released. I expect an update - when it comes - will include Knock Block/StraightShot downtube, thru-shaft shocks, possibly ditching the Full Floater (as in the Slash and Session - "modern shocks are good enough not to need Full Floater"). Since the bike was released, most competitors updated their XC offerings - almost all are slacker and longer.

Personally, given Trek's resources and ability to produce extremely niche bikes, I'm surprised they didn't split the XC lines into "Top Fuel" XCO frames and "Superfly" XC-Marathon frames with a double-bottle design. I had the last gen Superfly FS and loved it to bits (until it got stolen...) - a second bottle cage and updated geo and linkage would be my dream bike.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Trek's latest tease....thoughts? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yes, kind of mesh

Could be metal... or not ? 3D printed ?

Lighter than usual 100% material structure probably ?

Here as a flat structure, with not same capacities on both axis...

This kind of structure will bring some compression capabilities, or at least some vibration dampening ?

Could be used in some parts of the bike as shock absorber ?

Not accepting sharp angles ? So only for flat structure or round tubes ?

for super light MTB or road bikes ?

Ouch....
Quote Reply
Re: Trek's latest tease..? [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah it seems everyone is going with a seat-tube mounted linkage these days (e.g. Canyon Lux). If they could make that work with their Thru-Shaft and ABP it would be a pretty sweet bike: room for two bottle cages, lighter than the existing frame, and probably no need for a remote lock out.

After riding a ton of bikes out here in Sedona the last two days I kind of hope they don’t make it slacker but I would like a steeper seat tube.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek's latest tease..? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madone SLR disc is very new... if this 30yr thing has anything to do with making that SLR light.. I'd be pissed
Quote Reply
Re: Trek's latest tease..? [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a new Madone, i think i would cry if they where about to change it. I dont see that being the case.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Trek's latest tease....thoughts? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some interesting replies and thoughts. Maybe they're using this as a way to get new ideas. ;-)

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the picture you would guess at the use of a new material. Thus could be for frames or it could be for clothing - similar to the work Aerocoach/Nopinz are currently working on.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek's latest tease....thoughts? [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking maybe a frame with a lot of graphene integrated into the mold. Whatever it is, I'm guessing it's going to be over 10k, so I'm not sure I'm going to care for the next 3-5 years.
Last edited by: jhammond: Mar 3, 19 13:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A lot of speculation about bikes, frame materials etc. Don't forget Trek's sub-brand Bontrager, and all the different product categories that they cover...
Quote Reply
Re: Trek's latest tease....thoughts? [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had this same thought too.

Also not excluding the possibility that this is nowhere near as exciting as people are speculating.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek's latest tease....thoughts? [davidwilcock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it is not new madone.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek's latest tease....thoughts? [CN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bet would be a 3D printed frame from whichever new material there is. However, to call it "revolutionary" (assuming that's more than just a marketing gimmick), it should bring something more to the table - such as affordable mass produced 3D printing of frames (with limitless personalization options), as 3D printed prototypes & components have been around for several years already, but all with one big problem - the cost.

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek's latest tease....thoughts? [mrlobber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.. the success of 3d built frames would be the endless discussions about features that have not been experienced by all .. not the driving qualities ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could it be that someone finally found a way to make solid tires with a good rolling resistance. No more flats?
Quote Reply
Re: Trek's latest tease....thoughts? [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My road bike is a 1976 Trek. I've been out of the cycling loop for awhile. Are y'all implying that there's something better than Reynolds 531?
Quote Reply
Re: Trek's latest tease....thoughts? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

“Cycling’s biggest change since carbon fiber and this one matters more.” Also posted by them.

Matters most, Matter, meaning new frame material.

Just a guess.

Brian

Quote Reply
Re: Trek's latest tease....thoughts? [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.. "better" is a 1/2 question .. "better for what" 3/4 .. "better for what when" 4/5 .. "better for what when to .." concrete .. ;-)

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Re: Trek's latest tease....thoughts? [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reynolds 753 ?
Bamboo ?
Quote Reply
Re: Trek's latest tease....thoughts? [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Transparent aluminum? 😂

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i think most are going to be very disappoint like a previous post said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.. made me laugh .. like this ..

.. www.theuncomfortable.com

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply

Prev Next