Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training decision
Quote | Reply
Tomorrow is 3 weeks out from Muncie. Life and training has gone exceptionally well this year. Feeling strong and the possibility of knocking 20 mins or more off the PR is looking good. I’m at the end of an ambitious training cycle and feeling it. Rest intervals between 100’s this morning kept getting longer and longer. Tomorrow I planned for a 5/50/5 RBR brick to work on pace and nutrition, my limiters. The heat-humidity-ozone pump is running full bore. Hottest day in 3 years is expected tomorrow. We've had liitle chance to accilimate. I plan to go out early and get this done by noon so I should beat the heat. Yet, because of feeling a bit tapped tomorrow feels like even going “easy” could be hard.

My thought is to pace the brick to finish it. I place a lot of emphasis on dosing my training based on the ability to recover. I’m willing to dig deep enough to need a 2 day recovery but that’s my limit. Tough to gauge I know but that’s the plan. Or, just dig as deep as needed to get the job done and adjust the remaining training as needed to get to the line ready to go. What say you?
Quote Reply
Re: Training decision [Chappy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There, there... don't cry... :-)

First of all, Muncie is a Duathlon? Why the first run in the brick?

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

waaaah, it's too hot and I don't know what to do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
waaaah, thread creep/hijack!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: Training decision [skid marks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

crap. I was just trying to bump it but I see SAC got to it first. Hope you get some good info. If it were me, I'd do it and adjust rest of schedule but I know some people don't go for that.

SM
Quote Reply
Re: Training decision [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Muncie aint no freakin duathlon...an AMI top 100?

Couple of things for the RBR, gets the run volume I need without as much wear and tear. The idea is to pace well enough on the RB to negative split the 2nd run. Not so easy to do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yo, do the workout, you'll be fine.

Or better yet, do 3 x [20 mile bike, 3 mile run]...easier to stay hydrated with this workout structure. Do first one easy, second one moderate and third one mod-hard. See how easy it is to go fast during the first two and how sustaining that pace on the third one gets much harder.

Don't forget your electrolytes.

Cheers,

Matt
Last edited by: Harkin Banks: Jun 24, 05 13:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WTH is "accilimate" is that fast acting Accelerade?
Quote Reply