Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pro Men - Thru Run Split 11 - Energy Lab far turnaround - 16.20 mi

1 6:43:22 Patrick Lange
2 6:44:51 1:30 Bart Aernouts
3 6:46:48 3:27 Braden Currie
4 6:46:48 3:27 Tim O'Donnell
5 6:47:27 4:06 Cameron Wurf
6 6:48:08 4:47 Javier Gomez Noya
7 6:48:33 5:11 David McNamee
8 6:50:27 7:06 Matt Russell
9 6:50:38 7:16 Michael Weiss
10 6:51:06 7:44 Joe Skipper

Pending a withholding of a major blowout, Langer is going under 8 hours today

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
Where are the Lange haters now? Dude has this race nailed down.

Were are the Sanders groupies
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Cup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cup wrote:
Carfrae isn’t making up time on the other women as fast as I expected. Is she losing time on Ryf?
Yes. Ryf, True and Haug are all running faster than Rinny.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't see this coming. She will run to the podium. What a race by True! Way to go!
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which ITU star will do better... Sarah True or Javier Gomez?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well my dark horse Matt Hanson is having a very forgettable race. As good as he was in Texas it looks like he’ll be lucky to get into the top 30

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This race was a disaster for him. Bets on what the excuse is going to be?
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
fulla wrote:

Were are the Sanders groupies

bugger all them, who put a tenner on bart freakin' aernouts to show today? that'd be paying out pretty nicely.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Which ITU star will do better... Sarah True or Javier Gomez?

True. Gomez 5th.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
I seem to be the the only one who doesn’t think Lange has a amooth stride. Smooth for a triathlete maybe, but he doesn’t look relaxed like real runners.

Real runners don't bike 180k before running a marathon. Of course someone who runs 2:05 is going to look more fluid than someone running 2:40.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#GirlPower

studs

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [rodchaves31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rodchaves31 wrote:
Didn't see this coming. She will run to the podium. What a race by True! Way to go!

I'm cautiously optimistic. Haug is basically matching her pace, about 75s back. So True needs to be able to hold it. But every time they show her, she looks fantastic. She talked to Crowley and even laughed at something when she passed.
Last edited by: mbwallis: Oct 13, 18 16:39
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [heretic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wonder how those smack talkers are feeling now as Lange destroys them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My girl Angela losing ground. Sigh.

Pro Women - Thru Run Split 6 - 8.88 mi

1 6:27:26 Daniela Ryf
2 6:32:24 4:59 Lucy Charles
3 6:43:21 15:56 Sarah Crowley
4 6:43:57 16:32 Sarah True
5 6:45:05 17:40 Anne Haug
6 6:46:14 18:49 Corinne Abraham
7 6:47:21 19:56 Mirinda Carfrae
8 6:49:13 21:48 Heather Jackson
9 6:49:16 21:51 Kaisa Sali
10 6:51:15 23:50 Angela Naeth

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Wow!! Fast day all around!

Six women rode under the previous bike course record (4:44:19) today:
1 4:26:07 Daniela Ryf
2 4:38:11 12:04 Lucy Charles
3 4:38:16 12:10 Corinne Abraham
4 4:42:26 16:20 Angela Naeth
5 4:43:09 17:02 Sarah Crowley
6 4:43:51 17:44 Mareen Hufe

Just to put Ryf's performance into perspective, Lucy Charles broke the prior swim record and the prior bike record and she's... ~three minutes down to Ryf. That's nuts. I think LC has raced the race she expected to thus far. I don't think she or her coaches foresaw Ryf beating her prior PB on the bike by 25:00
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
They're clinging to the haterade: "he had a teammate" "he was towed" "he had help". Too bad we're not hearing from Frodeno as well.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lange knocking whole trays out of the aid stations. . . guy could get a gig playing hockey if this triathlon thing doesn't work out.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did they just have runners cross over the bikers?

Eeeeek

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More relaxed shoulders, more forward lean. Something is happening with his right foot as well.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
wonder how those smack talkers are feeling now as Lange destroys them

I can only speak to myself. I've never said Lange doesn't race fast and run fast, at least once per year. I, however, dislike his racing style. He will break the course record, but I won't like how he did it.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lange knocking whole trays out of the aid stations. . .
---

Luckily, they have enough time to rebuild

Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looked close.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
holy crap -- Lange might finish in 7:45 or so with 7 miles to go and he is already clocking 7:08
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gomez 13 mn behind, he blow up
Quote Reply

Prev Next