Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sub 7:50 in the cards
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [jbailey500] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jbailey500 wrote:
Cue Lionel excsuses in 3, 2, 1.

Last year was the exception not the standard.

I hope he gets on here and sees that Monty jinxed him. I smell a lighter wallet and an ass kicking from LS for Monty!
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
Thorax wrote:
Only Ryf, True, Haug and Carfrae are running ~6:30.
Lucy Charles might not make the top 5 when all is said and done. Maybe next year she'll tone down on the optimism.

speaking of tone, you feeling a bit salty?
I thought Lucy was over extending herself in her videos and had no realistic basis to think she could best Ryf outside the water. And just the other day I asked someone here who didn't have Ryf winning, if Ryf was hurt or sick.
So yeah, both my picks are crushing it. If you see salty anywhere in my posts you're drunk or projecting it.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Potts -
my eyes in Kona said he was limping and started to walk.
getting old sucks
:)
Last edited by: ini: Oct 13, 18 16:26
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [jbailey500] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jbailey500 wrote:
Cue Lionel excsuses in 3, 2, 1.

Last year was the exception not the standard.

All of the Sanders fan boys will be returning their lot of Gatorade Endurance first thing in the morning.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lange isn't great mechanically - but somehow it looks great
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [goldenkidd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
goldenkidd wrote:
Adman wrote:
timr wrote:
Adman wrote:

I have a weird feeling Lange might just blowup. I have no evidence for this just a feeling.

Probably just gas, there is no way. He looks great.

You're probably right.

Maybe I'm just trying to justify staying up in hope of some drama. 12:30am and a long cycle in morning.
lange is on fire now , i dont see anyr eason tot hink he can slow down

Dunno he maybe gets the shits?
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pro Women - Thru Run Split 5 - 7.12 mi

1 6:15:48 Daniela Ryf F1
2 6:19:44 3:57 Lucy Charles F2
3 6:30:49 15:02 Sarah Crowley F3
4 6:32:06 16:18 Sarah True F9
5 6:32:33 16:46 Corinne Abraham F25
6 6:33:14 17:26 Anne Haug F35
7 6:35:13 19:26 Mirinda Carfrae F11
8 6:36:08 20:21 Heather Jackson F7
9 6:36:53 21:05 Kaisa Sali F4
10 6:38:16 22:29 Angela Naeth F42

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
cabdoctor wrote:

Beating both Keinle and Sanders...though I’m not sure if they’re “Uber runners” but both aren’t shabby.

And beating Patrik Nilsson too.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank God Sanders doesn't need a coach. He definitely has it figured out.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rich_m wrote:
Lange isn't great mechanically - but somehow it looks great

Seems to run really well in the heat. Definitely not the biomechanics for running fast fast (sub 30 10km) but sub 2:40 in oppressive conditions seems to be no problem.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so rinny's 4 minutes off the podium at 7 miles - looks good for her. i'm waiting for haug and sali to pick it up a bit too.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow!! Fast day all around!

Six women rode under the previous bike course record (4:44:19) today:
1 4:26:07 Daniela Ryf
2 4:38:11 12:04 Lucy Charles
3 4:38:16 12:10 Corinne Abraham
4 4:42:26 16:20 Angela Naeth
5 4:43:09 17:02 Sarah Crowley
6 4:43:51 17:44 Mareen Hufe

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I seem to be the the only one who doesn’t think Lange has a amooth stride. Smooth for a triathlete maybe, but he doesn’t look relaxed like real runners.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carfrae isn’t making up time on the other women as fast as I expected. Is she losing time on Ryf?
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How lucky was Lange that he had a team mate to pull him? Didn't really have to worry about anybody else in that group as he outruns them all, except maybe Gomez.
On top of that Kienle had his best swim at Kona ever and pretty much came out of the water with Wurf but had to change his back wheel within the first couple of miles, which broke up a potentially very strong bike duo. And Sanders must have had a bad swim, he swam several minutes faster in practice last week, so he came out of the water minutes down from Kienle even. Wurf and Starky (and Amberger) biked well together, but they could have benefitted from a bit more help in the second half of the bike. The type of help Lange had the whole way.

Is Sanders is truly crumbling now, lost 4 min between 19.5 and 22.2 km.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trineuropa wrote:
Thorax wrote:
Lucy Charles might not make the top 5 when all is said and done. Maybe next year she'll tone down on the optimism.

I am assuming you used the 7.1 mile timing mat for your very generously rounded numbers.
Charles has a 12 minute lead on the closest competitor you mentioned (True). and 15:30 to the furthest away (Carfrae).
If they keep up the relative pace difference (Charles running 7:00 and I'll give you your 6:30), each person will make up about 9.5 minutes. So Charles will still be in second place. Not saying a "blow up" is impossible, but I think Charles is doing fine.

Slow your roll.

Also, I watched Lucy's Talbot Cox video, Zwift video, Breakfast with Bob video, and listened to the Triathlon Taren podcast interview. I did not get the opinion that she was inappropriately optimistic.
We'll see then.
Yeah, and you ignored all videos played during this broadcast.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [colnagoguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are the Lange haters now? Dude has this race nailed down.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All of the Talbot Cox crew have been crumbling (Gwen, Lionel). Hope Tim and Rinny have a peaceful finish...
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thorax wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
Thorax wrote:

speaking of tone, you feeling a bit salty?
I thought Lucy was over extending herself in her videos and had no realistic basis to think she could best Ryf outside the water. And just the other day I asked someone here who didn't have Ryf winning, if Ryf was hurt or sick.
So yeah, both my picks are crushing it. If you see salty anywhere in my posts you're drunk or projecting it.

She just rode what, 4:38? Before today Ryf has never ridden faster than 4:50. I’d say Lucy was spot on being that optimistic, but just didn’t see Ryf putting up a 24 minute PB on the bike. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Cup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, lost 30s between 7.1 and 8.9 according to the tracker.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
Where are the Lange haters now? Dude has this race nailed down.

He has destroyed them.

Why are the commentators quoting Sanders like he is some strategic guru?
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
I seem to be the the only one who doesn’t think Lange has a amooth stride. Smooth for a triathlete maybe, but he doesn’t look relaxed like real runners.

Yep you’re alone. If you were his coach, how would you improve his form in order to look like a real runner?
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont even know how his teammate is doing in the run now (too lazy to care to look up his split), but there's always some pros who die on the run....So it's also something that I dont even think can be solved from a rules modification, etc. Lange's just schooling the field. He could hear the noise and just point to the #1 on his number.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thorax wrote:
trineuropa wrote:
Thorax wrote:

I am assuming you used the 7.1 mile timing mat for your very generously rounded numbers.
Charles has a 12 minute lead on the closest competitor you mentioned (True). and 15:30 to the furthest away (Carfrae).
If they keep up the relative pace difference (Charles running 7:00 and I'll give you your 6:30), each person will make up about 9.5 minutes. So Charles will still be in second place. Not saying a "blow up" is impossible, but I think Charles is doing fine.

Slow your roll.

Also, I watched Lucy's Talbot Cox video, Zwift video, Breakfast with Bob video, and listened to the Triathlon Taren podcast interview. I did not get the opinion that she was inappropriately optimistic.

We'll see then.
Yeah, and you ignored all videos played during this broadcast.

What do you want the athlete to say? I don't believe I can win. My dream is second place.
Quote Reply

Prev Next