Kienle I think...2:03
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [Yamahafx1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kienle, 2:03:high
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
galveston... not a vacation destination. like LA though. he is solid on pace. he deserves a top 5 and he should get it barring a luftwaffe dive bombing.. (more so than now)

All you need is a dollar and a dream..and a severe f*&%ing beating!!
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious - my buddy got disqualified for cutting a pilon by 1 foot on a turn around.

I've seen these guys cut a ton more than several feet on these corners. Confusing course...
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [Coasterx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Either the mile markers are off, or lance has slowed down a lot. Just saw him go through 8 miles in low 5;50+ pace now.
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [Coasterx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Coasterx wrote:
Curious - my buddy got disqualified for cutting a pilon by 1 foot on a turn around.

I've seen these guys cut a ton more than several feet on these corners. Confusing course...

When you have about 40 turns on a three-loop course that's gonna happen, no way they can enforce something like that on all the athletes.
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, as welchie said, it looks like Lance is tightening up
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Yamahafx1 [ In reply to ]
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
are they running on the tarmac of an airport??

yeah, beautiful, isn't it?

I missed them going thru the TSA checkpoint....

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
schroeder wrote:
are they running on the tarmac of an airport??

yeah, beautiful, isn't it?

I missed them going thru the TSA checkpoint....

What sucks is that it looks like all concrete, which really deadens the legs
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and armstrong rounds the next turn, comprised of corroded steel beams and rebar... nearly impaling his shoulder.. the for profit machine of WTC/70.3 just needs somewhere for races to go to keep up revenue...

All you need is a dollar and a dream..and a severe f*&%ing beating!!
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, LA just got passed like he was standing still, down to 4th. how far will he fall?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lance is in full meltdown mode
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like I said after Panama, put Lance up against a more stellar field, one that is deeper and of a higher quality then in Panama and the fanboys will be crying.

Tissues anyone?

He is doing great in his comeback, but I think a lot of fanboys don't/didn't realize how good the quality of some of these fields really are.

Something else to think about, with Oside yesterday, WTC cannibalized today's field at the "US Pro Championship" some.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Apr 1, 12 8:27
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M Raelert walking?
M Vanhoenacker up in smoke?

Last edited by: Jamaican: Apr 1, 12 8:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Somebody please ban the word "Exactly" from these guys' vocabulary. Outside of "Armstrong", it is the most over-used word today.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [Jamaican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go TO!
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he's still in 4th, with Marino and Michael done it seems...
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [dexterbase] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow e-bombs all over!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Like I said after Panama, put Lance up against a more stellar field, one that is deeper and of a higher quality then in Panama and the fanboys will be crying.

Tissues anyone?

He is doing great in his comeback, but I think a lot of fanboys don't/didn't realize how good the quality of some of these fields really are.

Something else to think about, with Oside yesterday, WTC cannibalized today's field at the "US Pro Championship" some.

He's still putting in a pretty damn good performance considering it's a stacked field and a flat bike course where opening up big splits is tough to do
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

No doubt. there isnt just an abundance of Half Iron races in the US, there is an overabundance of 70.3 races on WTCs.

-------------------------------------
You don't have to like what I say but you should respect my right to say them and I'll do the same to you.
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [Muggins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best coverage ever. Great to follow.

http://www.TriathlonShots.com
Full event coverage of triathlon/ironman in photos.

Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [dexterbase] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lance could probably hold for fifth (if Raelert comes up), but one nice thing is we have very good coverage, and it isn't "the Lance show", rather they are covering things the way they should, from the front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reality is that lance really should have been in oceanside, tougher bike course and a lot cooler. Flat bike rides are not going to suit his advantage. You could see in this race he got frustrated, and i bet will make some comments after. The delta between the best guys is just too small when it is pancake flat, we saw that in clearwater every year. This race will give him a lot more information to go foreword with, as it looks like he hit the wall on the run, just have to see how well he can hang on. Seems like other runners are in the same boat too.

And thinking that this is somehow a defeat for lance, keep in mind the guys behind him still. The two best guys going in are still in the rears, so a good fight he is putting up. Guys are so close that this is where you find out who is on, no domination by the same folks every race..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Williamson is absolutely flying
Quote Reply

Prev Next