Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [Raf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raf wrote:
I gotta say... so far, great coverage, very much like the TdF. so yes, you can make this sport exciting to watch.

It's been great..... no Michellie Jones certainly helps
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [flim-mike-bunz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he needs 6-7 on Ralaert. Depends on how much Ralaert goes deep on the bike....the chase pack though is holding <30 seconds back eyeballing the video.

They need like they do in the Tour de France

"tete du Course"

"poursuivantes"

"peleton"

and give the time deltas!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
Raf wrote:
I gotta say... so far, great coverage, very much like the TdF. so yes, you can make this sport exciting to watch.

It's been great..... no Michellie Jones certainly helps

or matt lieto.. keep welchie on it..

All you need is a dollar and a dream..and a severe f*&%ing beating!!
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great coverage! The commentators are doing a great job too.
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [Sean O'Brien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean,

maybe i need to get on the CT while watching...last year I was actually riding in Galveston (a shitload slower....)

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
flim-mike-bunz wrote:
how much time does he need off the bike... 5 minutes I think would do it...
the ironmanlive coverage is on point. great video and sound..

The question is can he run a 1:17 off a harder bike (presumably) than Panama? By all accounts he was mostly sitting in, letting Lieto dictate the pace in Panama. It looks like he's really pushing things on the bike, so a 5 minute lead might not be enough if he doesn't have the run legs to throw down a sub-1:20.

The question, looking at him now, is can he sustain this pace and if so are we looking at 5 minutes, 10 minutes? He's absolutely FLYING!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
flim-mike-bunz wrote:
peace out field. he just took over the leader, who was raelert. LA's cadence is circa 99 - 00.. 105 -110.. just a piece of art.. raelert was mashin in squares, as much wattage as his skinny frame could muster..

His high rpm looks so much more relaxed than the others, everyone LOOKS like they are pushing higher wattage and still falling behind.

[ The sign of intelligence is you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life. - Vasudev ]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
man this chase pack is really close... looks definitely within the draft zone at times.
Last edited by: Raf: Apr 1, 12 5:48
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not watched much live coverage of Raelert. Does he usually have a choppy, wobbly pedaling style or is he out of his comfort zone? A pedaling squares kind of look? I dunno maybe that is his normal style just wondering.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best quote by Welch (after 30 miles into the bike): "We also have the womens race happening now..."

[ The sign of intelligence is you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life. - Vasudev ]
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He looks normal to me.

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team
Powered by Accelerate 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
who needs a tv when the coverage looks this good.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, covered in scars, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'hell yeah', what a ride.
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [Fastyellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fastyellow wrote:
He looks normal to me.

Ok I just don't know his pedaling style. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wasn't it alot hotter last year too?

I'm about to get on the CT as well
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:
I have not watched much live coverage of Raelert. Does he usually have a choppy, wobbly pedaling style or is he out of his comfort zone? A pedaling squares kind of look? I dunno maybe that is his normal style just wondering.

Think his pedal stroke just looks weird because he's pushing such a low cadence
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [Fastyellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone wanna tell me about Galv? is this a like a South Padre type party town?
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
anyone wanna tell me about Galv? is this a like a South Padre type party town?

I can tell ya I had the most epic day of Mahi Mahi fishing ever back in the late 80's. Amazing fishery that was more like catching than fishing:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lance getting some help from MVH. Was surprised to see someone on LA's wheel. He's going back to sit on wheels....

Hmmm.

------------------

- I do all my own stunts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WTF....Lance playing poker and sitting up and letting the pack catch up and slide to the back....is this some type of a Sunday interval workout?
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Apr 1, 12 6:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what is LA doing? a fartlek?

if you want total online overload: here is a live feed of tour of flanders if you wanna run dual screens..

http://live.sporza.be/...Ronde_van_Vlaanderen

All you need is a dollar and a dream..and a severe f*&%ing beating!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
WTF....Lance playing poker and sitting up and letting the pack catch up and slide to the back....is this some type of a Sunday internval workout?

This is hilarious. Entire lead group soft-pedaling.

It's kinda weird on LA's part, tho...it makes the race tactical. He'll get out-run if everyone comes off the bike in a pack.

------------------

- I do all my own stunts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, i don't get it. this is not the strategy i thought he would use. I didn't think he'd even want to check out the rest of the leaders, i thought he'd drop them and not even look back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally awesome ...now I have the Ronde Van Vlaarden with Tyler Farrar pounding some cobbles....too much multi tasking....I don't think I can get on the CT...
Quote Reply
Re: The Texas 70.3 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would put a few pennies together to get live power readings from the top guys. Lance throwing the hammer down for half an hour, what was he output like? Marino pulling the pack back up to Armstrong, where was he? What's the difference like between the leader and those 'sitting in'--i.e. how much power savings do you get with that draft zone between the two bikes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's because all the west coast peeps are still in bed, but no glitches at all in the video feed. Awesome job so far. I figured all the Lance lovers would swamp the server.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply

Prev Next