Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Landis position (with pic)......discuss. [GeeForces] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not for nothing, and staying away form the highly technical arm position discussion, Landis is totally negating the aero benifit of that whole $7,000 frame by running a wing bar in the 'flaps down' position. you would think that somone with that kind of access to a wind tunnel and all of the bike goodies in the world would see this and at least change it out for a stock round bar with the tips of the horn's cut off.

Geez, so much for the pro's knowing so much eh?

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: The Landis position (with pic)......discuss. [bigsky17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Landis is totally negating the aero benifit of that whole $7,000 frame by running a wing bar in the 'flaps down' position. you would think that somone with that kind of access to a wind tunnel and all of the bike goodies in the world would see this and at least change it out for a stock round bar with the tips of the horn's cut off.

Exactly what I was thinking. Also, his seat seems like it's too low. Seriously.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: The Landis position (with pic)......discuss. [gtingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His bar position in the wind tunnel photo and the race photo are very different.

And as the other guy said, why have a wing bar when you are tilting it upward 60 degrees?

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: The Landis position (with pic)......discuss. [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the way a lot of the windtunnel sessions/fittings start out are a power test. Then from the position of power they tweak a thing or to to lose x amount power to drop an oz. of drag. Then tweak and look at the drag. After several runs they get a position that the rider can be able to produce the most power with the less drag. Floyd must be a total anomaly, but what ever works.

Like Monte said when aerobars first came out we were fit with our fists in front of the face and elbows in as tight together as you could get away with. Not that different from Floyd's position, Then Lemond wanted to use the bars to provide another lever for power. I think one problem we have with our cookie cutter" check my position " threads is that what looks like a good aero position, may not be the best one for the poor guy in the picture.
Quote Reply
Re: The Landis position (with pic)......discuss. [UK Gear Muncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny, I posted about this almost five months ago, but was generally ignored. To recap, straight from Allen Lim who works closely with Landis:

- Using wind tunnel testing and road testing with the powertap they found this position to be the fastest for him. They actually found testing with the powertap more useful.

- He does lose power in this position, but the better aerodynamics more than make up for it. Also this way he saves energy - useful in a three week tour.

- No the position is not comfortable. He only sits on the tip of the saddle because of UCI regs.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...dis%20mantis;#557855
Quote Reply
Re: The Landis position (with pic)......discuss. [UK Gear Muncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate to say this, but it looks like he's leaning on the bars like a 90 year-old woman on the steering wheel of her '76 Buick.

Yeah, like getting up closer to the windshield is going to help, bitch!!!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next