Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series - Starting lists [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
milesthedog wrote:
I think the point is that Pohl would have won and it would have been a gigantic win for him,
Sorry? "Pohl would have won" IF what?

If there was a lifetime ban. Again, LRC would not shy away from mentioning that Pohl would not be as much of an underdog as we perceive him to be if a convicted doper had not beaten him and Sam Long with a uncharacteristically fast bike/run combo at Maryland - the inclusion of why we are underrating an athlete is good journalism.

forgiveness, exoneration, acceptance and future inclusion are separate judgments. we can attempt one without the other(s)

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: Apr 25, 24 14:28
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series - Starting lists [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry? "Pohl would have won" IF what? //

Ha, my first thought, then realized the poster is trolling for this exact response. Pohl may have a bright future, but first he has to beat an old man who is hanging on by a thread in this sport, who has a hard time getting top 10 in any sort of good and deep field...
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
It was used in Singapore after Oceanside correct? I'd assumed that they had worked the bugs out of the software but perhaps the bugs related to the shorter draft distance allowed?
The issue (as has been said) is not a gap setting thing.
RR was used successfully at Singapore (caveat: success as in: the sun shone, the lights blinked red (some of the time)). I feel sure that the PTO have their 'own' 40-50 sets: these are physically not the same 120 kits planned for use at Oceanside. I suspect the plan was to install the 2.0 ware in the 6 days they had 'tween events: activity immediately placed on hold after the 'fail' before Oceanside. So the Singapore kits/system (same as Miami) remained fine/proven.
I am told that Race Ranger is being fitted to the Texas bikes tomorrow; set at 10m gap obv.
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
sciguy wrote:
It was used in Singapore after Oceanside correct? I'd assumed that they had worked the bugs out of the software but perhaps the bugs related to the shorter draft distance allowed?
The issue (as has been said) is not a gap setting thing.
RR was used successfully at Singapore (caveat: success as in: the sun shone, the lights blinked red (some of the time)). I feel sure that the PTO have their 'own' 40-50 sets: these are physically not the same 120 kits planned for use at Oceanside. I suspect the plan was to install the 2.0 ware in the 6 days they had 'tween events: activity immediately placed on hold after the 'fail' before Oceanside. So the Singapore kits/system (same as Miami) remained fine/proven.
I am told that Race Ranger is being fitted to the Texas bikes tomorrow; set at 10m gap obv.

Thanks for the good info! I didn't realize there was a whole different set for PTO vs the Ironman folks. Fingers crossed that the bugs have been worked out and fair play will rule the day at least in part due to their use.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IRONMAN Texas will take place on Saturday April 27. Men's start 06:25 local (CDT, corresponds to 12:25 in the UK, 13:25 CEST and 04:25 on the West Coast) with the women starting 5 minutes later.
The race will be broadcast live for free real time (but Outside (without the "+") offers no review).

In both Canada and the USA, in "partnership with Outside, IRONMAN Pro Series events will be available to watch exclusively on the website , with on-demand playback available on Outside+."
https://proseries.ironman.com/...ionship-texas-teaser
"Internationally, viewers will be able to tune in across multiple platforms, including on the dedicated IRONMAN Pro Series website, DAZN and Lā€™Equipe"
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Women:
Matthews
McCauley
Stage Nielsen
With 6 slots available, following are already IMWCQ: Langridge, Wilms, Alberts

Men:
Currie
Koolhaas
Wilkowiecki
With 6 slots available, following (all likely to finish top 10) are already IMWCQ: Lange, Wilkowiecki, Marquardt, Leiferman, Magnien

Clarke's take (on Tri247, don't what that "covid-19" is doing :))
https://www.tri247.com/...hampionship-covid-19

https://proseries.ironman.com/...ermann-ironman-texas
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Apr 26, 24 14:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put this together for others - people may find useful.

IRONMAN Texas will take place on Saturday April 27. Men's start 06:25 local (CDT, corresponds to 12:25 BST) with the women starting 5 minutes later.
The race will be broadcast live for free real time (pre-'show' from midday)
on the dedicated IRONMAN Pro Series website (for UK)
Best preview out there: https://www.slowtwitch.com/...ro_Preview_8937.html
IM hype: EP 1 of 2: A Fighting Chance: 2024 Memorial Hermann IRONMAN Texas

https://proseries.ironman.com/watch
Start list: https://files.constantcontact.com/...155-fcc4e4b4ab3c.pdf

Download tracker (on phone): IRONMAN Athlete Tracker App Go to 'Leaders'
https://sportstats.one/event/ironman-texas

Course: IRONMAN Texas | Anything Is Possible
Run map: https://proseries.ironman.com/...seMap_Run_030124.pdf
Weather forecast (set for run start time: midday local): Ventusky - Weather Forecast Maps
Fresh SSE 19mph wind with gusts to 30mph (block headwind from bike 20-42 miles and 61-83, but tailwind coming north x 2 (obv)). High 20s for after noon run (before that riding north will have far less cooling effect as the gusts will be same speed as riders!)
Ironman Texas 2024 (Apr 27th) ā€“ Seedings ā€“ TriRating
Seedings are based on previous race results
Preview: Stars revealed for first full distance race of the IRONMAN Pro Series in Texas
We can see the swim from lakeside (the run course goes round the large lake and bike access). The bike course is two loops so xxxxxx only seen (I think) 4 times. The (mostly) lakeside run is three loops (and very pretty).
Edit to add: Race Ranger fitted.
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Apr 27, 24 2:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aaaand we are off! Seems a bit less commercial breaks this time ... thanks god!
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surprisingly, I have no complains about the broadcast thus far. Looking forward to a good race.
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody else getting ā€œThis Video file cannot be playedā€ every few minutes?

I have to refresh the page to continue watching.
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is working fine for me on Apple TV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
It is working fine for me on Apple TV

Iā€™m watching on my macbook and it happens every time they go to commercials, which is now getting a bit annoying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watching here on Chrome on a Macbook: https://proseries.ironman.com/races/im-texas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mulen wrote:
Watching here on Chrome on a Macbook: https://proseries.ironman.com/races/im-texas

I tried watching from there, but same thing happens. Every time they switch to an ad it breaks, and I have to hit refresh.

Also, these are getting a bit annoying. 70s of ads every like 5 minutes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Outside+ ad free? If so itā€™s worth considering to get rid of the ads.
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series - [jcgiraSHT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skipper 8mins back in the swim is ridiculous, he really does need to do a Sam/Lionel and start focusing on it more, getting into fights with the local old ladies at the David Lloyd gym is really not working šŸ˜¬
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series - [elecious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you mean just Lionel because Sam isnā€™t swimming well at all. Over 4 minutes down in Singapore. He would be right next to joe in a full.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
Surprisingly, I have no complains about the broadcast thus far. Looking forward to a good race.

Iā€™m disappointed that it is on outside. I have a far better viewing experience on YouTube.

With the free outside you can only watch live to watch after the fact, you must subscribe.

On YouTube, I pause the stream and train or work or whatever. Watch at my convenience. I can fast forward through less tactical sections. Also, on YouTube I can watch at 1.5 or 2.0 speed till it catches up in real time.

Iā€™ve watched Ironmans in the past on YouTube and watch T100 on YouTube. MUCH BETTER THAN outside onlineā€¦
Last edited by: Sean Hylton: Apr 27, 24 6:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lange riding 6th already - if he can stay there, game over! (not 3rd, sorry)
Last edited by: Mulen: Apr 27, 24 6:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kat race over. 5 min penalty. Bummer.
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series - [jcgiraSHT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Incredible that in these days of super bikes with integrated hydration/fuelling points we still have athletes carry 3 even 4 standard bottles draped all over their frames. Do any pros actually use the internal hydration compartments their bikes come with?
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:
Kat race over. 5 min penalty. Bummer.
Not over. Stage Nielsen has one too (5). Depends on how Langridge and Wilms run. They are both 3:10 runners
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series - [Joss1965] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can carry max 1L of liquid in most built-in deposits. For a male athlete you need 4-5 bottles at least for a day like today.
If you need to pick up hydration on the way, you are going to need to slow down. The commenter called it "momentum" which I undertand, but it has nothing to do with momentum physics-wise.

Bottles between arms and behind the butt are basically "free" aero-wise.

So thatĀ“s it ...

Joss1965 wrote:
Incredible that in these days of super bikes with integrated hydration/fuelling points we still have athletes carry 3 even 4 standard bottles draped all over their frames. Do any pros actually use the internal hydration compartments their bikes come with?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fair enough. Hope you are right, I want to see her win!
Quote Reply

Prev Next