Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
soulboy126 wrote:
ToBeasy wrote:
Damn! Raelert with a flat, according to german TV.

Awesome race for Andreas Raelert.
wonder what the race would be if he didn't flat

Anyone know what happened during the flat ? Did he do a full change on his own, or was he close to neutral support and only lost 1 min with a stop and go wheel swap?

Also on Ryf's flat was there no neutral support on the front of the women's race or did she just choose to ride the rim in?

Probably just opted to ride the rim for 2k vs. spending 30-60sec. on a swap (even assuming the neutral support was right there).

The neutral support at IM is very different than TdF; no 10sec. wheel changes.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the post race interview Ryf said she had a flat 2 K out and was able to ride in.
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Add Japan's Horomu Inada to the list of people who got screwed by the new time limit. He would have become the oldest person to finish the race, but he missed the new cut-off by less than a minute. Of course, he would have easily made the old cut-off.
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spot wrote:
craigj532 wrote:
And the lowlight of the race was watching them DNF a 65+ year-old woman who finished 8.5 minutes below the old 17-hour cut-off. Mike Reilly wouldn't even say "you are an ironman."

Nice work, WTC.

It's pretty clear in the athlete guide that the race finishes at midnight, and that everyone has 16:50 to finish the race. Not sure why that is a low light.

Spot

...which is pretty lax considering IM Frankfurt has a 15:00hr cut-off, after residents complained that a midnight finish falls afoul of the city's noise regulations.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
I couldn't understand that woman who was stopped after the swim. She seemed thrilled to be stopped; smiling, waving. I don't understand how a 2:20+ swimmer got there. And someone had to be yelling for her to hurry up. I don't get it; go all the way there, swim for 2:20, then happily go to the party, HUH?
A lot can change between qualifying and Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone explain why in the world Ryf wears her race number belt on the bike?
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [msaad7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
msaad7 wrote:
Can someone explain why in the world Ryf wears her race number belt on the bike?

Because she chooses to put it on in T1. And she doesn't care about internet keyboard warriors complaining about the 2 watts she loses by doing it.
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [habbywall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol, good point. I just think the sound/feeling of it flapping around would be so annoying for 5ish hours
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has it not been mandatory until recently to wear a number on the bike, which is why we were getting two numbers in our race packages? I did a 70.3 early this summer and was told we did not have to wear a number on the bike, so I didn't. Of course I forgot to put it on in T2 as I had never done that before, which cost me more time than having it flap on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hah, I actually would look away whenever they showed her on the live coverage, as least turn it around, that thing did look annoying.

I think the above poster makes a good point that it's a recent change that you don't have to wear it on the bike in recent years. Although, if Ryf is a relatively new to IM racer, I think it wouldn't matter for her as much if she wasn't around when it was mandatory on the bike anyways?
Quote Reply

Prev Next