Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [1poseur1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a list of all the Ironman podiums and finish times. There are quite a few races for men and women that are ~10 minutes between 1st and 2nd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...n_World_Championship

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:
Here's a list of all the Ironman podiums and finish times. There are quite a few races for men and women that are ~10 minutes between 1st and 2nd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...n_World_Championship

Amazing to see on the men's side how few countries have made the podium
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahahaha I said the same.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't been to the LR in a very long time. You are the bestest.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr. Tibbs wrote:
I haven't been to the LR in a very long time. You are the bestest.

Takes one to know one-love ya' back Tibbsy!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great race! Very happy TO did so well, although would've loved to see him take second. I thought for a minute he had a win in him when he was 60 seconds back. I think we'll see him at the pointy end again next year. Very disappointed Rinny had to pull out. Would've been a fantastically interesting race, although Daniela looked like she had plenty left in the tank when she crossed the finish. Anybody else see the Wellington/Carfrae-Carfare/Ryf paralell? Who else wonders how what a Wellington/Carfrae/Ryf race would turn out?

On another note, who made the long sleeve tri suits that both TO and Rinny were wearing? Castelli?
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [ak_piper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ak_piper wrote:
Great race! Very happy TO did so well, although would've loved to see him take second. I thought for a minute he had a win in him when he was 60 seconds back. I think we'll see him at the pointy end again next year. Very disappointed Rinny had to pull out. Would've been a fantastically interesting race, although Daniela looked like she had plenty left in the tank when she crossed the finish. Anybody else see the Wellington/Carfrae-Carfare/Ryf paralell? Who else wonders how what a Wellington/Carfrae/Ryf race would turn out?

On another note, who made the long sleeve tri suits that both TO and Rinny were wearing? Castelli?

It would've been great to see a carfrae ryf battle on the marathon!!! ryf posted a scorching time!! I didn't really see to or raelert making podium cause raelert seems like he's a little too old i was almost sure sebi was gonna do it tho but he didn't seem very confident in himself in his interviews probably cause he didn't smoke jan in other races this season. It would've been great to see cal milward smash it i love that guy and sanders but sanders did great still really slow swim tho he races like i do bike/run lmao
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Such a pity we didn;t get the Rinny/Ryf showdown on the run, it would have been epic, Ryf run time was 3.05 (ish) so Rinny could have possibly run her down. Thrilled to see Raelert moving so strong and on the podium again, wish he made it to the top but now at least he doesn't need to chase those points for 2016, he will have a fresh(er) set of legs! Potts and Joyce are models of consistency!

I feel sorry for Steffen, think she is the forgetten star of today. She should have won in 2012.....Jackson is definitely the rising star of the ladies....Meredith Kessler such a trooper to finish the race and not DNF....Canadian trio of Sanders, McMahon, Symonds did well, think we will see more Canadians in the future! yay!

Were there more DNFs this year than last? Anyone noticed that too?
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ToBeasy wrote:
Damn! Raelert with a flat, according to german TV.

Awesome race for Andreas Raelert.
wonder what the race would be if he didn't flat
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kessler showed real courage. It was pretty amazing to see her heading home after dark amongst the AG women. I thought she'd dropped out hours before. Her heart really impressed me.
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And the lowlight of the race was watching them DNF a 65+ year-old woman who finished 8.5 minutes below the old 17-hour cut-off. Mike Reilly wouldn't even say "you are an ironman."

Nice work, WTC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would it have been acceptable if she was 30?

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the current system for qualifying for next year's race at Kona! For pros and age groupers? Does first place qualify? Do they have to validate with another race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They did the right thing. You have to have cutoffs. I am 56. In an Ultra I was given the wrong distance between stations, so I thought I had plenty of time. As I finally came to the last station, the cutoff was 5p.m.. I was at 5:00:30, they pulled the mats. First reaction was i was pissed, then I remembered........all cutoffs will be strictly enforced.............MY problem. No one elses
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do we have a new oldest finisher in Hiromu Inada from Japan? List is 83 btu I dont know enough abotu age listing and Lew Hollander finishing at 82. Anyone enlighten me on this?
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [soulboy126] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
soulboy126 wrote:
ToBeasy wrote:
Damn! Raelert with a flat, according to german TV.

Awesome race for Andreas Raelert.
wonder what the race would be if he didn't flat

Anyone know what happened during the flat ? Did he do a full change on his own, or was he close to neutral support and only lost 1 min with a stop and go wheel swap?

Also on Ryf's flat was there no neutral support on the front of the women's race or did she just choose to ride the rim in?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
And the lowlight of the race was watching them DNF a 65+ year-old woman who finished 8.5 minutes below the old 17-hour cut-off. Mike Reilly wouldn't even say "you are an ironman."

Nice work, WTC.

It's pretty clear in the athlete guide that the race finishes at midnight, and that everyone has 16:50 to finish the race. Not sure why that is a low light.

Spot

Quote | Reply
Yes, Raelert acknowledged after the race that he was lucky that the neutral support crew was nearby and provided him with fast help.

Achim Traut
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or the lady that finished the swim 5 seconds too late. They let her go they have to let everyone go. 8 minutes is a long time. compared to 5 seconds. But the rules are the rules.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I couldn't understand that woman who was stopped after the swim. She seemed thrilled to be stopped; smiling, waving. I don't understand how a 2:20+ swimmer got there. And someone had to be yelling for her to hurry up. I don't get it; go all the way there, swim for 2:20, then happily go to the party, HUH?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
I couldn't understand that woman who was stopped after the swim. She seemed thrilled to be stopped; smiling, waving. I don't understand how a 2:20+ swimmer got there. And someone had to be yelling for her to hurry up. I don't get it; go all the way there, swim for 2:20, then happily go to the party, HUH?
I think she was "happy" because she probably realized she was saved from herself. Would have been a long, MISERABLE day for her from that point on. And after that she realized it was mai tai:30!
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr. Tibbs wrote:
The slowest sprint in Ironman history!!! Good for him though. Great race.

The legend returns.
The highlight of Kona 2015 is surely the return of Tibbsie.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: THE Kona Race Thread [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spot wrote:
craigj532 wrote:

Nice work, WTC.

It's pretty clear in the athlete guide that the race finishes at midnight, and that everyone has 16:50 to finish the race. Not sure why that is a low light.

Spot

Because the traditional time cut was 17 hours and they took ten minutes from everyone for no real reason other than to cram more people onto an already over crowded course. This certainly did nothing to reduce crowding on the course or drafting.

Maybe the low light was nobody at WTC realizing that if they started the AG women 45 minutes after the pro men, the women would be starting right around the same time as the pro men were almost finishing. They had the women spread out at the start all the way to the pier and then had to push them over in a panic to clear a return path.

Or maybe the fact that prior to the start of the race they only had twelve chairs in the women's change tent?

Great race, amazing athletes, WTC needs to stop messing with a good thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe the low light was nobody at WTC realizing that if they started the AG women 45 minutes after the pro men, the women would be starting right around the same time as the pro men were almost finishing. //

Yes, this should have been an obvious conflict, and they totally lucked out that the swim was a slow year, 3 minutes for the pros by my account. Move them 3 minutes closer like they would have been on almost any other year, and you have some head on collisions. This was entirely predictable, someone needs to be scolded.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could not figure what they were thinking with the ag women start. They have to eventually get to the left of the bouys before the turnaround...why have every single one of them start between the start line bouy and the pier?
Quote Reply

Prev Next