Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Switching from a Tacx Vortex to an Elite Direto : noise reduction ? [strangename] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might want to look at the Kickr Core. It's the same price as the Direto but should be more quite. Will be available in August or so.
Quote Reply
Re: Switching from a Tacx Vortex to an Elite Direto : noise reduction ? [bsdfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, Thanks for reminding me of this one.
It looks great but is still more expensive than the Direto and not available yet, which means we dont really know if there are some major flaws. On the other hand, it looks quieter than the direto. I dont like the way the feets are built. Top W appears to be higher, 1800W vs 1400W for the direto.

What should I choose ? The direto is already on the top end of the maximum price I am willing to spend in a home trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: Switching from a Tacx Vortex to an Elite Direto : noise reduction ? [strangename] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To add more confusion to the situation yesterday one of the Amazon 'Prime Day Lightening Deals' was Tacx Neos for the price of a Tacx Flux. The deal is now over but it is a sign of the discounts I expect to see over the next few months as companies try and clear their current inventory before ordering the new generation of trainers. A similar thing just happened in the Circ Drive with the offer for Hammer Direct Drive trainers so I'm sure its not just Tacx that has some stock to clear.

So if you can hold out a bit longer and watch for deals I expect you will be spoilt for choice in your price bracket. From what I have seen on recent reviews the new generation of trainers are progressive improvements but no massive changes so I would be tempted to save the cash and buy a discounted model rather than wait for the Kickr Core, Tacx Flux 2, etc etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Switching from a Tacx Vortex to an Elite Direto : noise reduction ? [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats good advice, I'll try to wait.
My current concern is that I'm not certain the market here (France) will follow those rules, I'm not really expecting a huge discount. For exemple, only the Neo is available on Prime in France.
Worse case scenario I'll buy a direto without discount, so I dont really have anything to loose except time.
I admit that the 950W sprinting limit of the Vortex was a huge alert that it is time for me to change it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want truly quiet, the only option on the market is the Stac Zero.

Everything else is still loud and vibration inducing (which is what causes more noise and annoyance for your neighbours in an apartment building) and only "quiet" relative to each other.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply

Prev Next