Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Stage 19 (Hmmm I wonder if their are spoilers in this thread) [FTD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Voeckler would be better off sliding back to the Basso group which is pretty large and getting some shelter all the way up Galibier...the downhill from Galibier to Bourg D'Oisan favours a large group as it in non technical and you have to pedal all the way....a large group working together could pull back time on the Contador group, because neither Contador, nor the Schlecks will want to pull for ~40 K before starting up Alpe D'Huez....the entire downhill from the top of Galibier /Lauteret to Bourg D'Oisnans will also always be into a headwind in the late afternoon....it's not a free ride downhill. A large group could theoretically pull back a lot of time. It's more false flat downhill than pure downhill
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 19 (Hmmm I wonder if their are spoilers in this thread) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 19 (Hmmm I wonder if their are spoilers in this thread) [nedbraden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I think certain pros and DS just can't handle the fact that Johan train-gang is not the only way to win a grand tour. over and over again.

and obviously a great meat-schedule too

and a great job of doping well too =_
nedbraden wrote:
jackmott wrote:
Blue Rider wrote:
Bert's not known for his strategic thinking.

oh, really?
REALLY?

lol

Yes, really, at least according to many of the top current and former pros as well as DS's.

Back on topic:

Interesting how AC is looking so strong after saying he was too "exhausted" yesterday.

Tommy V and Cadel need to conserve and use the descents to get back up to AC and AS by the Alpe.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 19 (Hmmm I wonder if their are spoilers in this thread) [Chipmunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chipmunk wrote:
Chipmunk wrote:
Voeckler is Legend.

OMFG he does it again. Cadel and Frank dropped and Tommy came back.

Mark my words: he's catching them before the summit. He looks good now.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 19 (Hmmm I wonder if their are spoilers in this thread) [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You remind me of the guys on cycling forums who are consumed with hate for all things related in any way to Armstrong. They are as bad as the anti- liberal or conservative nut jobs.

Move on, the Armstrong era is over find something else to be obsessed about.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 19 (Hmmm I wonder if their are spoilers in this thread) [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wonderful another doping conversation...

jackmott wrote:
Yeah I think certain pros and DS just can't handle the fact that Johan train-gang is not the only way to win a grand tour. over and over again.

and obviously a great meat-schedule too

and a great job of doping well too =_
nedbraden wrote:
jackmott wrote:
Blue Rider wrote:
Bert's not known for his strategic thinking.

oh, really?
REALLY?

lol

Yes, really, at least according to many of the top current and former pros as well as DS's.

Back on topic:

Interesting how AC is looking so strong after saying he was too "exhausted" yesterday.

Tommy V and Cadel need to conserve and use the descents to get back up to AC and AS by the Alpe.

-------------------------------

“He is happy whose circumstances suit his temper but he is more excellent who can suit his temper to any circumstances” David Hume
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 19 (Hmmm I wonder if their are spoilers in this thread) [nedbraden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ned's here early today. I would have figured he would waited until AdH to appear....

Riding the Awesome Train With: Dark Horse Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 19 (Hmmm I wonder if their are spoilers in this thread) [Chipmunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is this other thread on the go about Voeckler not using a power meter. It's one thing for him to go at AS/AC pace following them, another thing for his to do the same speed solo. My prediction is that he blows spectacularly on Alpe D'Huez. He either needs to catch AC/AS before the right turn on Galibier before it becomes really steep or his race is over. He'd be better off sliding back to Basso and Evans.

Edit: I really do hope that Voeckler proves me 100% wrong. I'm a fan of how he has ridden!
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Jul 22, 11 6:50
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 19 (Hmmm I wonder if their are spoilers in this thread) [mjgardner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mjgardner wrote:
Ned's here early today. I would have figured he would waited until AdH to appear....

What is that supposed to mean?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did Andy just take a turn on the front?
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 19 (Hmmm I wonder if their are spoilers in this thread) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I think Voeckler would be better off . . . .

Honey badger don't care.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
There is this other thread on the go about Voeckler not using a power meter. It's one thing for him to go at AS/AC pace following them, another thing for his to do the same speed solo. My prediction is that he blows spectacularly on Alpe D'Huez. He either needs to catch AC/AS before the right turn on Galibier before it becomes really steep or his race is over. He'd be better off sliding back to Basso and Evans.

Not doubting he'll crack on AdH, but I admire the guy's attitude.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sitting in no-man's land like this will cost him on AdH.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm totally consumed!

nedbraden wrote:
You remind me of the guys on cycling forums who are consumed with hate for all things related in any way to Armstrong. They are as bad as the anti- liberal or conservative nut jobs.

Move on, the Armstrong era is over find something else to be obsessed about.

Quote Reply
Re: Stage 19 (Hmmm I wonder if their are spoilers in this thread) [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he just wanted to let AC see the lack of effort on his face.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 19 (Hmmm I wonder if their are spoilers in this thread) [Goosedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Voeckler is blowing his load early.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's going down swinging.

Quote | Reply
good call. should not have got drawn in. will pretend he isn't here.

he turned like 4 pages of tour thread to shit yesterday

mjgardner wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Stage 19 (Hmmm I wonder if their are spoilers in this thread) [Blue Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's going down swinging, at no one as he's all by himself
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 19 (Hmmm I wonder if their are spoilers in this thread) [justkeepedaling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justkeepedaling wrote:
Voeckler is blowing his load early.
No he just using his "internal powermeter" and pacing himself

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 19 (Hmmm I wonder if their are spoilers in this thread) [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 19 (Hmmm I wonder if their are spoilers in this thread) [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
Sitting in no-man's land like this will cost him on AdH.
I know...it's killing me watching this boy in no man's land. I predict that Cadel and the boys close the gap on Contador by the base of ADH. That's where Voeckler should be riding! This is insane. The only reason the gap is "closed" is because the leaders hit the steep and Voeckler was still on the 5%
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get it back!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
haha. so true.

jackmott wrote:
good call. should not have got drawn in. will pretend he isn't here.

he turned like 4 pages of tour thread to shit yesterday

mjgardner wrote:

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply

Prev Next