Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sockless shoe recommendations?
Quote | Reply
What shoes these days are decent for running sockless for sprint and oly races?

Need a smaller heel drop as well (4-5mm).
Quote Reply
Re: Sockless shoe recommendations? [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe not the fastest shoe out there but I find the Nike Men's Zoom Fly 4 incredibly comfortable sockless for up to half marathon racing.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Sockless shoe recommendations? [WiScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WiScott wrote:
Maybe not the fastest shoe out there but I find the Nike Men's Zoom Fly 4 incredibly comfortable sockless for up to half marathon racing.

Scott

Appreciate the recommendation, unfortunately the Nike's have too much heel drop for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've gone sockless in my Skechers Razor 2's for my last two tri's and some 5k's. No issues. That is not the current model of the razor, and I can't speak for what the new one is like.
Quote Reply
Re: Sockless shoe recommendations? [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trislayer wrote:
I've gone sockless in my Skechers Razor 2's for my last two tri's and some 5k's. No issues. That is not the current model of the razor, and I can't speak for what the new one is like.

Awesome - just ordered a pair of the Razor 4 to try. The upper looks like it has minimal seams so hopefully is a good option.

I've used Skechers before and was always a huge fan (not sure why I strayed from them...).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recommend wearing slip-on sneakers, which I have been wearing for the past year. Skechers men's equalizer persistent slip on sneaker is designed in such a way that you can use it for your workout activities as well as in your daily life. It has comfy cushioning and a flexible design that will not harm or damage your feet. You can check it out; it is available at an affordable price at the MCL online store.
Last edited by: jenndavid: Sep 6, 23 10:29
Quote Reply
Re: Sockless shoe recommendations? [WiScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WiScott wrote:

Scott

yeah the ZF4s have the loops on the front and back making it easy to slip on

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Sockless shoe recommendations? [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always had good luck sockless with On Cloudflow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have flat feet so like shoes with some stability. I used to race in Saucony Fasttwitch, but have switched to Asics Noosa Tri because my old legs like a little more padding.

salmon - not because I'm a fish
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Asics Tri Noosa 14 has a fantastic sock like liner, that doesn't require socks

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Re: Sockless shoe recommendations? [thetrickster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ASICS looks solid too. Will check them out if the Skechers don’t work out. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have run sockless with no problems in every shoe that I have ever tried. I wouldn't worry about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Sockless shoe recommendations? [tomljones3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately I’ve tried that and some of my favorites have funky seams that I don’t notice with socks but rub without them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use to run in Zoots, and although they were designed as sockless they still rubbed and chafed a lot of people. Now running in Nike Vaporflys (which you indicated you didn’t like), but the point is that most shoes will have some rub points. I’ll test out a shoe sockless for a one or two mile run and determine the rub points. Then I lube the area (body glide) and test them again. Try it on a current pair of your favorite shoes and see if this alleviates the friction areas.
Quote Reply
Re: Sockless shoe recommendations? [thetrickster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thetrickster wrote:
Asics Tri Noosa 14 has a fantastic sock like liner, that doesn't require socks

x2

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply