Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right"
Quote | Reply
by admitting to doping his whole career, and also has therefore given back his Olympic Gold Medal, is he also going to give back his earnings from:

winning:
  • Liège–Bastogne–Liège (2003)
  • Tour de Romandie (2003, 2004)
  • Dauphiné Libéré (2000)
  • US National Road Race Championship (2008)
coming in second at the:
  • Giro d'Italia (2002)
and finishing fourth at the:
  • Tour de France (2003)

Yeah, I'm guessing NO. Unlike the Olympics, the general public has less knowledge of those other races. Irrespective of whether Lance doped in fact - or he saw Lance dope as he now says - seems like a publicity stunt and a cry for a attention to me.
Last edited by: aerobike: May 23, 11 0:09
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [aerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it was like that someone was going to become rich with all the medals that should be given back

But who cares about medals when there are still cheaters competing..

----------
Miguel Andrade
http://mitano.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [aerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerobike wrote:
...seems like a publicity stunt and a cry for a attention to me.

Not to me.
It seems to me that millions of people are going to have to come to terms with a new reality.
The greatest story in the history of sport was a lie.

I only hope that Lance takes the UCI down with him; they are the organisation that allowed this to happen and should have no further place in the sport.

#######
My Blog
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [sub-3-dad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is the whole sport that is a lie according to Tyler and Frankie. They both said that in order to stay with the peleton that you had to dope So it follows everyone in the peleton is doping. So on their testimony everyone should be banned and cycling as a professional sport should be shut down. How do you prove any rider has won or can win without doping?
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
. They both said that in order to stay with the peleton that you had to dope

How do you prove any rider has won or can win without doping?

is this why i got dropped yesterday in my race?

someone should be testing these cat 4's! there is NO WAY they could out ride me without doping!

Tim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its a cry to not get put in jail dude.
he came clean for the same reason george hincapie did - you go to jail if you lie to a federal investigator.

please quite being willfully ignorant people

aerobike wrote:
by admitting to doping his whole career, and also has therefore given back his Olympic Gold Medal, is he also going to give back his earnings from:

winning:
  • Liège–Bastogne–Liège (2003)
  • Tour de Romandie (2003, 2004)
  • Dauphiné Libéré (2000)
  • US National Road Race Championship (2008)
coming in second at the:
  • Giro d'Italia (2002)
and finishing fourth at the:
  • Tour de France (2003)

Yeah, I'm guessing NO. Unlike the Olympics, the general public has less knowledge of those other races. Irrespective of whether Lance doped in fact - or he saw Lance dope as he now says - seems like a publicity stunt and a cry for a attention to me.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. In short... Spill the beans, and if we find out you are still lying or if you don't tell us all that you know, you lose your immunity. While Hamilton has a book coming out, he is loosing far far more with what this is costing him. If anything, he is trying to get ahead of the curve and beat what is coming out.
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
It is the whole sport that is a lie according to Tyler and Frankie. They both said that in order to stay with the peleton that you had to dope So it follows everyone in the peleton is doping. So on their testimony everyone should be banned and cycling as a professional sport should be shut down. How do you prove any rider has won or can win without doping?

You don't.
You go after those that enabled this: the UCI.
Then UCI knew this was happening and did nothing about it. They seemed to use 'doping control' as a means of punishing riders that didn't follow the program.

Leave Lance's team - get caught doping very soon after.
Don't accept the doping ban - get excluded from the sport forever.

The riders merely rode and raced within the constraints of their sport, if they didn't like it too bad.

I close friend of mine got a pro contract in 1996 and arrived home again after only three months in Belgium. He was not allowed to remain on the team because he wouldn't dope. He was dismissed on medical grounds.

There are only two possible explainations for the UCI's lack of action:
1/ they knew and accepted it.
2/ they didn't know.

If they knew, they should be disbanded on moral grounds.
If they didn't know, they should be disbanded because of ignorance.

// Rant complete! //

#######
My Blog
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
he came clean for the same reason george hincapie did - you go to jail if you lie to a federal investigator.

Not entirely. Landis came "clean" about the same time he wrote his book. Hamilton got a book publisher out of the 60 minutes deal for his forthcoming publication.

It's all about the $$.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But would he be writing that book if he hadn't had to come clean to the investigators?

which came first?

Devlin wrote:
jackmott wrote:

Not entirely. Landis came "clean" about the same time he wrote his book. Hamilton got a book publisher out of the 60 minutes deal for his forthcoming publication.

It's all about the $$.

John

Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [sub-3-dad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems to me that millions of people are going to have to come to terms with a new reality.

This is the "new" reality that people are having such difficulty coming to terms with:

a) The dope works.
b) No matter how much invasive testing they do, it is still possible to dope and not be caught.
c) So... doping can not be eliminated.
e) It's a pro sport where small difference in performance can make a huge difference in fame and fortune.
d) Since the guys beating you in races are doping, what do you do? Dope and you might be a star... or stay clean and be OTB... maybe out of a job.

Welcome to the real world.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't.
You go after those that enabled this: the UCI.
Then UCI knew this was happening and did nothing about it. They seemed to use 'doping control' as a means of punishing riders that didn't follow the program.

Leave Lance's team - get caught doping very soon after.
Don't accept the doping ban - get excluded from the sport forever.

The riders merely rode and raced within the constraints of their sport, if they didn't like it too bad.

I close friend of mine got a pro contract in 1996 and arrived home again after only three months in Belgium. He was not allowed to remain on the team because he wouldn't dope. He was dismissed on medical grounds.

There are only two possible explainations for the UCI's lack of action:
1/ they knew and accepted it.
2/ they didn't know.

If they knew, they should be disbanded on moral grounds.
If they didn't know, they should be disbanded because of ignorance.

I can think of a lot of good reasons to disband the UCI, but this isn't one of them. Bruyneel might have bribed some people in the organization (we know Lance gave a big donation), but he could also just have run a tighter program. Do you know of any other sports governing body that does a better job of doping control? Most just ignore it.

As I watched Horner and Levi ride away from everyone on Baldy... how did Horner get in the best shape of his life at 39?

Face it... PEDs in cycling are here to stay. Deal with it. It's nobody's fault.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well, that explains his grand jury testimony, but no one told him he had to go on CBS News.

http://snappletriteam.com/
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple of things concerning this mess.
Should Tyler be allowed to coach athletes? Under an eight year suspension for comepition.
The media never really cared for our sport anyway so the traditional sports reporters are having field days with this crap.
How are they getting this information from a grand jury.
Yes I agree it is hard to believe someone can win the tour 7 years in a row while his competition test positive and is implicated.
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
c) So... doping can not be eliminated.

It can be eliminated.... through criminal investigations like we are seeing now. We have made more ground in the past year than drug tests have in 10-20 years. It is rumored more is to come out about the corruption within the UCI. I wonder if the alternative cycling federation might become more plausible after all this.

Ride Scoozy Electric Bicycles
http://www.RideScoozy.com
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [Scot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not? (regarding coaching)

He knows the fundamentals of cycling and training. Now if he is coaching pros or athletes at that level, then his association might make it harder, but by the same token, he also might be the voice of sanity to talk about the pressure and the consequences. Many probably succumb to temptation because they are close, and that may well be changing.

On the TdF, I think the more telling is that all of the other podium finishers with the exception of one I think all have been busted at one point. So I think it is more telling that all the ones below LA over that period were caught, which in my mind, if the fields is so dirty, that one exception does not make sense, especially not over that long a run.
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [mrmoosey5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrmoosey5 wrote:
well, that explains his grand jury testimony, but no one told him he had to go on CBS News.

that I assume he did for money, or because he felt it was important. or both.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
> how did Horner get in the best shape of his life at 39?

Not fair. Horner won a race by peaking for an event that no top GC riders were peaking for, and by being able to turn himself loose on a team with no superstar. The top guys care about the Giro and TDF. I don't mean to knock the ToC, but it's a training vacation.

I could be wrong about Horner, but given that his only crime so far is affiliation with RSH/Lance, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

>. Deal with it. It's nobody's fault.

I agree with your pragmatic, realistic approach, but don't tell me it's nobody's fault. There is plenty of fault to be spread around. There's no way to have a perfect world, so the least we can do is make life at least moderately difficult for those at fault.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerobike wrote:
Seems like a publicity stunt and a cry for a attention to me.

And LA is any different?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"As I watched Horner and Levi ride away from everyone on Baldy... how did Horner get in the best shape of his life at 39?"

Damnit...I had the same thought....and why is Thor suddenly "sick"...and...and...

"Leave Lance's team - get caught doping very soon after.
Don't accept the doping ban - get excluded from the sport forever. "

an interesting angle, piss LA off by "leaving" him...LA's peeps make a few phone calls to the UCI...POP!

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Although I think you are taking a very naive and narrow minded view to these recent confessions and why they have come about,
it is not actually possible for some of them to be removed from him as I think it is WADA who give an 8 year maximum time frame
for results to be retrospectively altered.
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [sirkilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The UCI can only confirm that Lance Armstrong has never been notified of a positive test result by any anti-doping laboratory."

Masterful lawyer-speak right there...

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sub-3-dad wrote:
aerobike wrote:
...seems like a publicity stunt and a cry for a attention to me.

Not to me.
The greatest story in the history of sport was a lie.

I only hope that Lance takes the UCI down with him; they are the organisation that allowed this to happen and should have no further place in the sport.

A-freakin'-men.
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
> how did Horner get in the best shape of his life at 39?

Not fair. Horner won a race by peaking for an event that no top GC riders were peaking for, and by being able to turn himself loose on a team with no superstar. The top guys care about the Giro and TDF. I don't mean to knock the ToC, but it's a training vacation.

Completely fair.....in the last year, he won Pais Vasco and finished in the top 10 at the Tour. Follows that with a near-defense of his Pais Vasco title and wins ToC.

I love me some Horner....how he rides, his approach to cycling and his job are all fantastic. But you gotta be kidding yourself if you don't look at those results and at least thing to yourself "Huh.....odd."

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply

Prev Next