Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [banger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"this sure would be easier without work and kids"

I was on XMas break for the last VTC. Now I have classes :P they don't interfere too too much though.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
April 8: rest day

April 9: 90 pts

April 10: 150 pts

Total to date: 240 pts

Today's workouts were an hour run and two hours swimming!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sat: 80min trainer ride + 30 min weights =83 pts

sun: 5hr ride=150 pts

mon: 40min sw + 45 min run=75 pts

Tues: 40 min sw + 75 min trainer ride=86

Wed: 40 min sw + 75 min trainer ride + 20 min weights=100

Thurs: 54 min run+ 60 min weights=99

total: 593

no excuses this week for me as the family went to fla for spring break.
Last edited by: nickc: Apr 14, 06 9:31
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today: 2 hours outdoors on the bike= 60 points.

Felt AWESOME! Only my third ride of the year as I have been doing a run focus. I think biking 2-3x a week will be good for improving aerobic fitness and injury prevention. I'll add it on my rest days from now on.

3 day total: 235 points

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik, the trick that I have found to work wonders is a "destination" walk. Walk to the starbucks and back, walk to the icecream store, walk to something that you think THEY want to go to. Same works for riding.

Let me know how this works for you.

Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow confused, what are we talking about? did you post this on the wrong thread or something?

or making fun of my lack of biking?

Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ooops. sorry. I was referring to something you said on page 2 or 3 in response to the gentleman taking his 7 kids for a bikeride. You said something about trying to get your family to go for a walk.

Clear as mud I'm sure.
Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 3 results

1:20 of swimming - got in 4100m this morning with 7x200 and 19x100m (my arms gave out so I couldn't make the pace time for the 20th ... crap!) = 60 points

0:45 running = 45 points

1:15 biking outside = 37.5 points for a daily total of 142.5

Three day total = 180 + 202.5 + 142.5 = 525 points
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy shit Allan...looks like you are on the Stefan Kusurelis 170 pts per day sub 9:30 Ironman program...

I think we have a "yellow jersey guy" unless someone steps up soon and pulls ahead of Mr. Faulds!

I did a 60 min bike ride on my way home today...so add 30 pts for a day three total of 432

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [mcombs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monday = 1:34 ride for 47 points

3 day total = 264 points
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Holy shit Allan...looks like you are on the Stefan Kusurelis 170 pts per day sub 9:30 Ironman program...

I think we have a "yellow jersey guy" unless someone steps up soon and pulls ahead of Mr. Faulds!

I did a 60 min bike ride on my way home today...so add 30 pts for a day three total of 432

Dev

Dev, it's only 6PM here in Cali and some of us haven't even begun our second workout yet.....

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [letter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monday 4/10

Run - 38 pts
Swim - 77 pts
Total - 115 pts

Grand Total - 261 pts

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Today: Nice bike ride at moderate intensity: 5:15 = 157.5 points

2 day totals: 217.5 points.

Jack

Today was an easy day: 30 minute core strength and 45 minutes in the pool for a score of: 56.25

3 day totals: 273.75

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So far the training is going well this week. I have a daughter with strep throat though so hopefully that won't slow me down later in the week. Tomorrow's plan calls for 1.5 hours on the trainer early in the morning so I'll get some extra points for staying inside :) and an hour or so of running so the 4 hour/day pace of training will diminish a little for a few days. My type AAA personality responds nicely to having to post my daily results Dev :)
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 1: 150 pts
Day 2: 150 pts
Day 3: 112 pts
--------------
Total: 412 pts

Day 3 : Details

Swim 1h30: 67 pts
Bike 1h00: 45 pts (Indoors)

Goal: 1050 pts
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monday:

Run: :30 = 30 pts.
Bike: 1:00 = 30 pts.

Total: 312 pts.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No shortage of triple A types on this forum. Tomorrow's plan is 30 min roller warmup ride + 90 min run with 4x3min hills (aerobic) adnd 10x30 second pickups, followed by 20 min weights (step ups, calf raises, dead lifts, leg ext, hamstring curls...all legs).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday 2 hr outdoor ride, 60 pts

Total 277.5
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [Mid Life Trisis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mon - 30 minute lift - 22.5 points

Forgot my goggles after getting to the pool...D'oh!!

202.5 points...

Would have like to have broke 300..oh well.

MLT

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 04/10/06 [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4/08/06 78.75
4/09/06 142.50
4/10/06 45 minute run 60 x .75 = 45pts

Total 187.50

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [Woody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 1: 60 (1 hour run)

Day 2: 97.5 (3:15 ride)

Day 3: 22.5 (30 min trainer spin) + 1 nasty cold.

Total to date: 180

Woody

Mike Hollywood
http://www.bostontriathlonteam.com
http://www.michaelhollywood.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev;

Good, you didn't ride indoors today. Yesterday morning while leaving the house for my ride with the temp reading 23 degrees F (that's -5 C-anadians). I could picture you on your recumbent cycle reading People magizine with you ipod on and a latte in the cup holder earning 45 points an hour. :-)

04/10/06 Recovery Day

AM: Swim 50 minutes for 37.5 pts

PM: Ride 70 minutes for 35 pts.

Total for the Day 72.5 pts

Three Day Total: 448 pts

Fun doesn't really start until Thursday. I have the day off. Looking at doing the Tri_Yoda Highlander Bike route in the Bristol/Naples area. Around 11,000' of climbing over 100 miles. You're welcome to come along or you can sit and pedal and have a latte for 45 pts an hour. :-)

Last edited by: Trevor S: Apr 10, 06 19:35
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After taking 3 weeks out of the pool, 30 minutes was all I could handle. A nice 22.5 points for the day. Brings me to a whopping total of 107.5!!!
Am I in the lead???
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have you done the highlander before? im from the rochester area and have always wanted to do the Highlander. ive even tried to follow the course on my own, but ive always managed to get myself lost. im hoping to do it this year!!
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Virtual Camp: 10 Days of Easter Sat 08 April to Mon 17 April [kEllY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in Brockport.

Officially I've done it twice (once when it was only metric). However, we do it once or twice a year unofficially as well. I'll probably do it officially again this year. Scott has a pretty good map up now on the Highlander website and most of the course is still marked with arrows on the pavement.

http://www.highlandercycletour.com/...006%20Highlander.pdf

You're welcome to come along on Thursday morning if you want. Otherwise I'll keep you informed of when the next group is crazy enough to do it. Don't tell Dev. but I'm planning on doing Hicks Rd. instead of Bopple and going around Sliter. Same amount of elevation gain but none of the 22-23% craziness. :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next