Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [masa757] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can cut the price further by buyinh used

One nice thing about electronic is that you no longer need to worry about cable length when adjusting set-up
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure this info is out there but is the di2 setup heavier overall than a cable setup? I'd imagine losing all the cables and housing would reduce weight alot..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
once you go tron, you don't go back

Shifters (you don't need the brake lever shifters) $200
Cables of all sort: $80
FD: $160
RD: $200
Controlling junction box: $135
Battery, $150 for external, slightly more expensive ($200) for internal. I say go internal and don't look back.

This. I have a Plasma 20 that I just converted to Ultegra Di2 with all internal routing and it's stellar. Being able to shift from the bullhorns is unreal when cornering.

Also, and probably totally underappreciated, is the ability to fine tune the rear derailleur on the fly in just a second. Seriously, anyone can setup a Di2 rear derailleur / front derailleur. You don't have to understand the cable, and adjust the tension, etc...

It just works and as long as you can watch a youtube video and follow along, amazingly simple to setup.

Happy to post pics if that's helpful.

-Alex

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
masa757 wrote:
I'm sure this info is out there but is the di2 setup heavier overall than a cable setup? I'd imagine losing all the cables and housing would reduce weight alot..

From this site...

"The Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9070 electronic groupset with internal battery weighs 2047 grams; the Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 mechanical groupset weighs 2074 grams (27 grams more than Di2.)"

-Alex

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [bostonalex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn theres nothing but good things to say it seems. You all have me sold, I think i'm going to go ahead and go Ultegra Di2. Postpone the powermeter for sure though..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we are all a bunch of enablers ;)

let me know if you need any help with the Di2 set up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually it turns out this is not a di2 frameset. The front derailleur cable exit was blocked by what looks like some black metal shavings which also just made it invisible to the eye but also didn't let me run the cable through at all. Took the skinniest screwdriver i could find and pushed it all out and discovered it is in fact mechanical.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now i'm upset again haha. i was down for that di2
Last edited by: masa757: Jun 27, 14 8:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think we can safely say your troubles over the last 48 hours have been mainly first world :)

Out of curiosity, what was the frame warranty replaced for?

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Last edited by: Jaymz: Jun 27, 14 8:10
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HAHA :) tell me about it ....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My frames seat was 3 degrees to the left which was 2 degrees over the tolerable limit. My ass and my spine have taken the beating for it but i've been working on regaining form although it has been such a pain...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
masa757 wrote:
Actually it turns out this is not a di2 frameset. The front derailleur cable exit was blocked by what looks like some black metal shavings which also just made it invisible to the eye but also didn't let me run the cable through at all. Took the skinniest screwdriver i could find and pushed it all out and discovered it is in fact mechanical.

So??? My Plasma 20 isn't Di2 ready either. No problem at all.

-Alex

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [bostonalex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OoOo I like, but then why would there be a Di2 specific frame? Wouldn't be surprised if there was no difference. Coming from the company who doesn't offer flat stems standard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Di2 specific frames have the right brass on mounts, cable grommets and routing, and holes big enough for the e-tube cables.

-Alex

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine with tranning whells
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [RIOBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, that makes me jealous right about now, especially that flat stem...
Last edited by: masa757: Jun 28, 14 21:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Longshot. Anyone have an uncut or barely trimmed plasma premium seatpost kicking around?

My scott rep is having trouble finding one in Canada. I'm not allowed to go directly to scott for this they keep directing me to my rep. Been a month now and getting irritated.

If you have or no of the location of one I would appreciate it.

Syd

NCCP certified Comp coach
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [psychosyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. Seatposts are usually those things that don't come in extras.

So in other news, I got my newly replaced frame up n running but have bumped into yet another problem! Although my Super 9 rear wheel is center in the brakes the wheel itself is 1-2mm off to the left of the frame. I am about to take it to get the dish checked but I also put a spare training wheel on the dropouts and it did the same thing so i'm preparing for yet another huge disappointment. Has anybody else ever had these problems with this bike? Is it possible I got the only 2 defected frames out there?! I just don't even know what to say, or think for that matter.. just about everything that can go wrong has gone wrong...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are two tiny screws within the dropouts that allow you to adjust the wheel. Have you adjusted those?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes that was the only way I can get the wheel to sit center on the brakes but it doesn't sit flush with the frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this is probably a stupid thing to say but should't you centre it on the frame and then adjust the brake mounting screw to centre the brake afterwards?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hah. Yeah. Hoping someone had maybe switched to a longer post or maybe wrecked a frame.

NCCP certified Comp coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah the brake was mounted to the bike and had the brake arms pushed out into the frame because that is how wide the super 9 is. I just got back from the bike shop and they said my Super 9 was perfectly straight and center, which now leaves me with the frame being crooked as the only possible diagnosis. I've done EVERYTHING possible to make it work, but all has failed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still don't understand how the dropout screws can not centre the wheel in the frame. Have you adjusted the screws in the rear dropouts at all? Go be honest i did have to play with mine a little and hold the rear wheel into the frame as I tightened the skewer. But the screws provide a fair bit of play either way, it's what they are there for. have you tried the screws all the way in one side and all the way out the other?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I was actually very fond of those screws....very helpful to getting wheel centered in between the brake arms, but thats it. Wheel just doesn't sit flush with the frame. I can take a picture if you'd like?
Quote Reply

Prev Next