Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Tryin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wondering if anyone had the original 75mm stem with a 40mm rise for sale? LBS stated that mine was stripped.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by masa757 [ In reply to ]
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [masa757] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright its just about all finished, I just need to have the stem painted and refitted. I have 30mm of stack available, with the option of 60mm of risers that 3T offers. I'am very pleased how this turned out.

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [kaioken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very nice. out of curiosity, did you have to drill a hole in the stem for the Tri Rig brake housing

-----

also, could someone confirm if wheel covers would work with the Plasma Premium/Plasma 3? I could have it mounted to either a Stinger 6 or zipp 303
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
very nice. out of curiosity, did you have to drill a hole in the stem for the Tri Rig brake housing

-----

also, could someone confirm if wheel covers would work with the Plasma Premium/Plasma 3? I could have it mounted to either a Stinger 6 or zipp 303

I did have to drill out the stem to fit the cables for the TriRig brake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM Sent to buy

masa757 wrote:

I got this that hardly has any miles on it but got a paint chip from the screws tightening somehow. It has no top cap bolt either but is in 100% working order so I dont mind letting it go for $60 :/

PM Sent to buy
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a wheel cover on my Sram S80 wheel and it works with my 2013 Premium.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was just looking through the thread as I'm getting ready to post some pictures over the next few days and saw your question. Did you ever get an answer?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [AndresLD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, turducken wrote:

I used this bearing

http://www.dulight.fr/...amp;products_id=1590

With the zipp crank, it is different than other cranks. The non drive side crank pulls up onto a taper. So the width of the bearings once installed, is critical, as there is no adjustment in the cranks. I had to make one shim to get the "side clearance" right. I imagine more "normal" crank set ups that you can move the crank along the spline, would work fine, so long as the axle is long enough.

Hope that makes sense.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok so i just Got a Used Plasma 3. Buliding it today.

My Fork into my frame seems very sloppy. it tend to lean forward! I haven't ridden it yet due to this.

am i missing something other then the 2 Bearings? ( 1 for bottom of fork and other for top)??

They don't sit snug into the Frame at all?? I can't get any downforce on the headset for it to sit snug into the bearings.... Annoying me!

Should there be some other spring washer?? Or how do you compress it???

-------------------
Trying since 81
-------------------
Last edited by: Magma: Mar 21, 14 0:26
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Magma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure I've got a washer and wave washer thing on top before my stem went on.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [andy515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm That might make sense. The top of the fork seems to not sit in and has so much play. So there must be a spacer in between the bearing and the profile design head clamp.

Does any one have some torque measurements for the 2 headset bolts and the little cosmetic cap thing on top?

Apparently it's on a sticker on the stem. Previous owner peeled it of.

-------------------
Trying since 81
-------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put about 2 nm on the top Cao screw first to load the bearings and then 5 nm on the stem clamp screws

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
andy515 wrote:
I put about 2 nm on the top Cao screw first to load the bearings and then 5 nm on the stem clamp screws

Cheers Mate. Now just got figure out what I'm missing to keep the fork bouncing around like a loose tooth!

-------------------
Trying since 81
-------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was suppose to come with a silver spacer that fit in between the top bearing and the stem. It basically keeps the fork in place and allows the stem to properly secure the headset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
masa757 wrote:
It was suppose to come with a silver spacer that fit in between the top bearing and the stem. It basically keeps the fork in place and allows the stem to properly secure the headset.

Yeah have emailed previous owner. He forgot to put in two small 1mm thin washers that fit over the tops of the cartridge bearings as well.

Swears he put the top spacer for the top bearing though. Taking to bike shop today to see what can be done.

-------------------
Trying since 81
-------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're lucky, a bike shop might have the piece you are looking for but since the bike uses a custom stem than regular bikes you might end up having to wait for scott to send the piece to your bike shop...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Selling a 90mm Plasma Premium stem for $75 shipped US. Here is the ST posting link:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5015476;#5015476

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whats the Torque Setting for the 2 Bolts that hold the Headset to the Fork??

Is it 5 Nm??

-------------------
Trying since 81
-------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
andy515 wrote:
Yep

Cheers.

Anyone got the Seat Cutting Tool?? or No where i can get one from??

-------------------
Trying since 81
-------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you mean the guide I have two ... I think. One of which has a slice where the guy cutting it cut the guide but it will still work fine. If you want it let me know and I will see if I did not throw it out when I got the new one.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah the Guide that goes over the Post so i can grab the Hacksaw out! lol!

-------------------
Trying since 81
-------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I looked and only have one. I must have binned the other.

It was a bit overkill anyway to be honest. The seat post doesn't need to be cut perfectly. It actually sits on a bar built into the frame. Where the seat posts slides into the frame it stops when it hits that bar, the rest of the seat post base (the cut) just hangs over the edge and could be cut terribly without it affecting anything.

As long as the rear of the seat post is cut to the correct height you are good to go.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Tryin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
90mm plasma stem still available. Let me know
Quote Reply

Prev Next