Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, can't see any video feeds, but from the split times, looks like he is sitting 14 to 25 meters back, one split was 4 seconds. Everyone else is going backwards, so this is Lionel's day. He gets to race for the win if things feel good on the run, but I would hope he sits on Cody for a long while, provided he doesnt pop him on the bike before.

Like I said pre race, I thought Lionel would crush this race, but hopefully in a way that just puts him a couple minutes ahead of where he needs to finish.. He seemed to understand that concept in his interview, but now he is racing the one guy that doesnt matter, and of course dude likes to win..
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Ya, can't see any video feeds, but from the split times, looks like he is sitting 14 to 25 meters back, one split was 4 seconds. Everyone else is going backwards, so this is Lionel's day. He gets to race for the win if things feel good on the run, but I would hope he sits on Cody for a long while, provided he doesnt pop him on the bike before.

Like I said pre race, I thought Lionel would crush this race, but hopefully in a way that just puts him a couple minutes ahead of where he needs to finish.. He seemed to understand that concept in his interview, but now he is racing the one guy that doesnt matter, and of course dude likes to win..

I don't want to jinx it but this appears to be the old Lionel that is back. Let's see how the second half of the bike goes and the run. Lionel admits that he isn't at his peak right now because he hasn't been able to do the top end watts in his bike workouts.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lionel admits that he isn't at his peak right now because he hasn't been able to do the top end watts in his bike workouts. //

This is exactly why I predicted that he would have a bomb race today. He hasn't had enough time to do all the shit his coach wanted him to do, and he really doesnt need it. But his belief in his coach's program is just so deep, that he cannot see how important his backlog of miles is on race days. I would like to tell his coach that, you dont have to bury yourself in training before each and every big race, all those old power and speed gains are still there, just have to coax them out of a well trained body on race day...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Video posted on Talbot Instagram of Lionel and Cody going by on the bike. Some slow motion action.

https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=1pil744vda88

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
He seemed to understand that concept in his interview.

How many times has this been said about Lionel? I rolled my eyes when he said that but really hope it’s true this time.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [Hutch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WOW JUST WOW!!!!
IF THIS IS TRUE AND I HAVE NO REASON TO DOUBT YOU THIS GIVES ME AND HOPEFULLY A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE REAL PERSPECTIVE ON WHAT KIND OF PERSON HE REALLY IS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't care one way or another if any of this is true, however, if you have a formal business relationship with anyone, it should always be in writing and outline the terms, fees, and dispute resolutions, etc. Otherwise, cue the violins.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. Thank you for your candor.

Hutch wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Soooooo he doesn't have a coach, WTF?
I thought he had one

i came here to post just that.

he swore up and down at the meltdown video after kona he was going to get people involved in coaching him, and even looked like he was pursuing that at the start of this season. why the change???

Because he can't stop himself.
I started with him back in 2011, tried to teach him about training, power meters (gave him his first power meter, etc.). I have stuck around helping him here and there (nothing formal except for a brief period in 2015), traveling to many races, staying at his place in Windsor and at races, training camps, etc. all over the past 7-8 years. One month he would be cooperative and the next he was argumentative reminding me how much he knows about training, etc.

Then after Kona 2018 he contacted me to hire me as his coach and to get him back on track. He offered to make it formal and he said he would pay me. His new mantra was, "I know nothing about nothing". I helped get him back on track, got him back into using my training framework and sessions 100% of the time and I worked my butt off for him. I flew out to do a training camp with him in Palm Springs, etc. I worked on his behalf with Ivan, Gatorade, Gerry R, local real estate agents to find him a place here in Florida, we had FaceTime calls, telephone calls, hundreds of emails, text messages, etc. and then he won 70.3 Indian Wells. He was hitting all time highs with his training but he was already starting be less compliant, which I had seen many, many times with him over the years.

After 3-4 months, he decided he just wanted to train on his own in Tucson for the winter, using the training framework that I had showed him many years ago and that he had got back into using with my help after Kona 2018. If we weren't going to work 1 on 1, I wanted no part of it. He then asked me to help review his training remotely, he said he would also pay me for that but I declined. Working remotely with him, with his personality, is not fun. You spend 80% of the time and energy trying to convince him how to train.

After a month or so of parting ways, I reflected on the situation and the time and effort I had invested into his career, not just in the past 3-4 months but in the past many, many years. I realized that I had helped this guy for years with his training, while he was still a University student and that he was now making hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars per year, he had hired me after Kona 2018, said he would pay but he never ended up covering anything. Nothing. Zero. He didn't even say thanks for helping him. Nothing. I had worked my butt off for him, I got him back on track and he was using all of my training framework in his current training. So I asked to be paid something that was Fair and Reasonable or that he stop using my training framework. His response was that he felt he had taught me as much or more about training than I had taught him and he had never asked to be paid, so why was I asking to be paid? Like I said, he can't help himself.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericMPro: Aug 18, 19 7:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hutch wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
I thought he had one

he swore up and down at the meltdown video after kona he was going to get people involved in coaching him, and even looked like he was pursuing that at the start of this season. why the change???

I started with him back in 2011, tried to teach him about training, power meters (gave him his first power meter, etc.). I have stuck around helping him here and there (nothing formal except for a brief period in 2015), traveling to many races, staying at his place in Windsor and at races, training camps, etc. all over the past 7-8 years. One month he would be cooperative and the next he was argumentative reminding me how much he knows about training, etc.

Then after Kona 2018 he contacted me to hire me as his coach and to get him back on track. He offered to make it formal and he said he would pay me. His new mantra was, "I know nothing about nothing". I helped get him back on track, got him back into using my training framework and sessions 100% of the time and I worked my butt off for him. I flew out to do a training camp with him in Palm Springs, etc. I worked on his behalf with Ivan, Gatorade, Gerry R, local real estate agents to find him a place here in Florida, we had FaceTime calls, telephone calls, hundreds of emails, text messages, etc. and then he won 70.3 Indian Wells. He was hitting all time highs with his training but he was already starting be less compliant, which I had seen many, many times with him over the years.

After 3-4 months, he decided he just wanted to train on his own in Tucson for the winter, using the training framework that I had showed him many years ago and that he had got back into using with my help after Kona 2018. If we weren't going to work 1 on 1, I wanted no part of it. He then asked me to help review his training remotely, he said he would also pay me for that but I declined. Working remotely with him, with his personality, is not fun. You spend 80% of the time and energy trying to convince him how to train.

After a month or so of parting ways, I reflected on the situation and the time and effort I had invested into his career, not just in the past 3-4 months but in the past many, many years. I realized that I had helped this guy for years with his training, while he was still a University student and that he was now making hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars per year, he had hired me after Kona 2018, said he would pay but he never ended up covering anything. Nothing. Zero. He didn't even say thanks for helping him. Nothing. I had worked my butt off for him, I got him back on track and he was using all of my training framework in his current training. So I asked to be paid something that was Fair and Reasonable or that he stop using my training framework. His response was that he felt he had taught me as much or more about training than I had taught him and he had never asked to be paid, so why was I asking to be paid? Like I said, he can't help himself.

This also explains the egotistical videos
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can tell from the video feeds that he has a pretty high opinion of himself. If he is back to doing this all on its own, things will likely repeat, but we will have to wait and see!

I hope that whatever it is gets worked out, but it’s really none of my business.

I also know there are two sides to every story and the truth always lies somewhere in the middle.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [Nerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Erin just posted on Instagram at 120km and the IM live blog is at 90km just pathetic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hutch wrote:
His response was that he felt he had taught me as much or more about training than I had taught him and he had never asked to be paid, so why was I asking to be paid? Like I said, he can't help himself.

Wow. I mean, teachers always learn something from students. But, I can’t imagine that my wife’s school would decide to stop paying her because it deemed that knowledge she acquired from her students to be sufficient payment. Having said that, I’m Employment attorney so I understand there are at least two sides to evey story.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Aug 18, 19 7:47
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, there are more than two sides...and they're all owed money. :-)

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Oh, there are more than two sides...and they're all owed money. :-)

Fair enough. Lol.

It seems as though it’s good I cheer for Sebi.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hutch wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
I thought he had one

Running out to the store to get some popcorn as finally this weird, morbid obsessive that a handful of people here on ST about this 2nd, 3rd tier IMer, at best, that I never understood will finally get interesting.
Last edited by: SayHey Kid: Aug 18, 19 7:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

The first couple of km's of the run are going to tell the tale in terms of what Lionel intends to do with Cody, that is race him or not. Looks like Cody is back to his old self, riding well. At least Lionel isn't fading like he was last year, so he appears to be back to his old self as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SayHey Kid wrote:
Hutch wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
I thought he had one

Running out to the store to get some popcorn as finally this weird, morbid obsessive that a handful of people here on ST about this 2nd, 3rd tier IMer, at best, that I never understood will finally get interesting.

ANNNNND here they are, all the Lionel haters have come out of the woods, guess they were all sleeping in. I WAS enjoying this thread but here we go, a Lionel bashing thread it has become.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow....great insight in to Sanders personality and attitude. Fair play for getting it out there.

I imagine the Lionel fangirls on here are holding a crisis meeting and will be in contact soon.......
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All the haters have arrived to watch Lionel win. Welcome aboard.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [grobbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow....great insight in to Sanders personality and attitude. Fair play for getting it out there.

Fair play for getting it out there on the day of a race despite a lot of the problems from years ago and then back in late 2018?

I find it strange, from both a timing perspective and for publicly airing grievances. He had a history with Lionel but then made the decision to go back to him after Hawaii in 2018, without a contract and without anything in writing.

If that happened to me, I certainly wouldn't complain in public.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grobbo wrote:

I imagine the Lionel fangirls on here are holding a crisis meeting and will be in contact soon.......

I'm not in favor of this becoming an internet trial for Lionel, nor do I believe that bills going unpaid is anything new for the entire industry. It's not a Lionel issue, it's the way things work and should, perhaps, be discussed in a separate thread.

However, if Gary begins being attacked, and I've already messaged him that I personally would not have posted what he did in this thread, be careful what you wish for. Others might have very similar stories and will come to his defense. The mob is fical.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim is right, this is not the place for the airing of grievances, a new thread perhaps, and when those being accused have a chance to put up a defense, or at least their side of the story. Then I can talk about a former world champion who stiffed me on a $1200 phone bill...(-;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gary has posted about this before in other threads. There’s definitely no “race day conspiracy” as others are alluding to.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...and by staying "be careful what YOU wish for" I was addressing the mob, not you personally. Hopefully that didn't come across wrong.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply

Prev Next