Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
Calchemma wrote:
I have better things to do with my time than argue with those miserable people who feel better about themselves when they criticize others.

I am pretty sure calling people miserable qualifies as criticizing them!

Just saying.

Well Lionel's hop trot is indeed miserable to watch, but where the heck do I sign up for that hop trot misery so that I can MAY run at that speed for a measely mile while fresh at tapered...the guy is running 2:53 while doing that AND walking aid stations of a 4:15 zillion watt NP bike split (not to mention probably using 3x the energy of Lucy Charles to go 6 minutes slower than Lucy would).

• Dave Scott patented Ugly and fast in 1989
  • 25 years later in 2014 after Dave Scott's patent had expired it seems that Sanders has taken out an upgraded version of that patent on both ugliness and speed. 2014, Sanders comes from last off the swim at 70.3 World's to 4th overall (only beaten by Gomez, Frodo and Don)

Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
You use my copyrighted footage in your video. I’m asking that you please take it down and remove my footage so we don’t have to report it to YouTube.

CHeck this out for yourself, because I am not a lawyer. And if you find out I am totally wrong, by all means correct me! My limited experience in this matter indicates:

when you post a video on YouTube you agree to YouTube's licensing. YouTube can sublicense it - ie let anyone of their subscribers use and modify on the youtube platform - unless you have modified their boiler plate agreement.
This means:
Take work not on YouTube and put it on YouTube = Infringement
Take work on YouTube and post it off of YouTube = Infringement
Take work on YouTube modify it and post it on YouTube = Sublicensed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I made a little light hearted comment about where he might come in comparison to Daniela earlier on this thread but it was just for fun......actually he comes across really well in this video and good luck to him. He’s not perfect but he’s a lot quicker than me!
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [bretzky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mean, was something said or posted that made you think is hitch was completely gone? Even if he started correcting his hitch the day after his injury occurred (which he for sure did not) I think he has made some huge improvements on his run form. I figured that once fatigued his hitch would come back. I would have been more surprised if it didn't come back really.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He posted my work on YouTube before I had even posted it. He took it from Instagram. Bottom line it’s my footage. I will just go ahead and post on my Instagram and have everyone flag the video. It’s stolen media.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you ask Lionel one question and make a video off this question and his through process? I believe it could be very informative to him and his fans.

"Lionel what are your thoughts on bringing on DTD as an advisor in 2017 and having your best Kona race ever. Then promptly dumping him and self-admittedly cooking yourself last year, getting injured this year, and then getting beaten by the exact person that is advised by DTD."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
He posted my work on YouTube before I had even posted it. He took it from Instagram. Bottom line it’s my footage. I will just go ahead and post on my Instagram and have everyone flag the video. It’s stolen media.

Simple, modify your slomo bit a little in your youtube version, then it's clear he has taken it from insta, not from youtube, and report it.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
christ, this entire thread is a hot mess

There's a little too much of SOS (Sander's outrage syndrome) on here sometimes.

I can hardly wait until Cody comes in 5th at Kona and we collectively agree that he should have come 4.5th.

COS (Cody outrage syndrome) isn't yet a "thing" on here, we're still in the honey moon phase, just you wait until he forgets his race belt at home, or leaves the batteries in his PM while flying....he's toast!

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I can’t edit Lionel’s video now it’s already live. Everyone just do me a favor and report this joker. Flag his video for copyright infringing

Legit nothing makes me more mad than busting my ass to get epic shots like these and idiots like this just steal them and post them.

Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those lasts words from Cody "the low volume looks good on you"...hopefully he takes that nice, good, piece of free advice. Undertrained, below top fitness but fresh seems to lead to a better performance than tired from training but at top fitness level.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These guys are pros - as long as we are talking about them - good or bad - they are doing their job. It is the pros that nobody talks about that have problems. Some people don't like L Sanders. Every pro sport is like that. One of the best players in the NHL is Brad Marchand and he probably has more people that hate him (and I mean absolutely detest the man and wish he would get hit by a bus) than any player in the league. He is laughing all the way to the bank.

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think random users can flag videos for copyright violations. You have to file a copyright infringement notice - there is a link at the top of this instruction page with a form you can fill out:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6005900

Edit - if someone gets 3 copyright strikes against them, their account is subject to termination and all of their content is deleted.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Aug 19, 19 13:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
Calchemma wrote:
I have better things to do with my time than argue with those miserable people who feel better about themselves when they criticize others.

Just saying.

Happy people are less critical. Truly happy people only want to spread joy and laughter. It goes without saying that unhappy people are more critical, and they would rather have others be as miserable as they are.

I am just pointing out this out. I would love nothing more than for everybody to be truly happy. For those who are there, they know how blissful it is.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d say it’s more like who gives a shit if he gets race results and he just did.

ETA: professional athletes (world class to look how many are on the Bahrain team etc) do all kinds of things to make money etc. The hustle is mostly real with them!!

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Aug 19, 19 14:14
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [Calchemma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calchemma wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
Calchemma wrote:

Just saying.

Happy people are less critical. Truly happy people only want to spread joy and laughter. It goes without saying that unhappy people are more critical, and they would rather have others be as miserable as they are.

I am just pointing out this out. I would love nothing more than for everybody to be truly happy. For those who are there, they know how blissful it is.

I was just having fun with you and I more or less agree with the point you are making.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need to file a takedown on YT if it's your footage. It's easy to do. Go to the copyright section and follow the click through form. Otherwise, people flagging the video will not do much in this case.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
I don't think random users can flag videos for copyright violations. You have to file a copyright infringement notice - there is a link at the top of this instruction page with a form you can fill out:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6005900

Edit - if someone gets 3 copyright strikes against them, their account is subject to termination and all of their content is deleted.

I am genuinely interested to see if this qualifies as copyright infringement. I think it does not and YouTube will tell Talbot as much.

In case this comes off wrongly: I am morally on Talbot's side. I just don't think there is anything he can do. As someone suggested, going forward use slightly different videos on youtube and IG.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I honestly don’t know the legality, but to lift something off nstagram, then post on YouTube, then link on here without even credit etc is super sketchy/unethical.

I find it hard to believe someone would do that by accident.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
Calchemma wrote:

Just saying.
When it is an accurate adjective, is it really criticizing them, or is it just describing them??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Haha... bro.. I don’t work for free. 😂 Neither do any of Them.

Thanks Talbot for straightening that out, I stand corrected! I certainly get that you don't work for free but wasn't sure if actual cash payments were made. I'm 0-1 on guessing, but now I wonder if one (or more) of Lionel's sponsors help cover expenses on his behalf, for the good of the brand. I also wonder if perhaps your model involves taking a cut of the revenues generated by Lionel's YT site? That would make sense and give mutual incentive for each of you. Feel free to confirm or deny :)
Cheers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:

In case this comes off wrongly: I am morally on Talbot's side. I just don't think there is anything he can do. As someone suggested, going forward use slightly different videos on youtube and IG.
Here is the thing: I totally agree that this is not something that Talbot is going to win. BUT, I agree 100% with Talbot that it's his work, and he asked (fairly) nicely. I enjoy his videos. I enjoy that I don't have to pay for them (though I do let all the ads run because I know you make some cheddar off of them, so I figured it is the least I could do). So, with Talbot coming on here like he does, and how he shares his videos (yes I know he is growing his business and "getting out there" is part of that), allows me to say "yup, just take down the video. You might not be legally wrong, but ethically you are."

Back to the topic: The Colonel (Talbot never asked with secret hero name Lionel preferred, and "Erin's bitch" seems long to write out...so I'm sticking with the Colonel..which every time I type it weirds me out that it is not spelled ANYWHERE CLOSE to how it sounds) sure looked pretty beaten up at the end of that race. I've never done a full (nor will I, that's plain crazy talk) but i'd imagine no matter what you look like that...but man, it gave me flashbacks to his 2nd in Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't get why everyone thinks talbot would not win here. Ultimately it can only be decided by a court, but youtube can make their decision first and if someone wants to escalate to the courts, that's their prerogative. but legally, you can't just take an excerpt from someone else's copyrighted video, add something of your own and call it fair use. When you do that, you have to change the meaning or message of the piece. Just creating a different recap of the race I don't think would cut the mustard, but I'm not a lawyer.

https://www.youtube.com/.../#yt-copyright-myths

Youtube's example is Glenn Beck using donald duck clips to demonstrate his right-wing concepts that are voiced over it.... definitely changing the meaning and message. Kids looking to watch cartoons are not going to choose this instead of actually watching a donald duck cartoon. But a triathlon fan might choose to watch a race recap video that uses Talbot Cox's material, instead of just watching the original video (see factor number 4 in considering fair use)

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So Dev,
If Cody had the same position/setup, undated cockpit, electronic shifting, internal brake cable routing and the same wheel set but on a 2008 Cervelo P2C frame (the Christie won on) how much slower would he have been yesterday?

It's a Good life if you don't Weaken!
My Mom 1922-2004
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
Calchemma wrote:

Just saying.

When it is an accurate adjective, is it really criticizing them, or is it just describing them??

I am all for constructive criticism. I don't believe in coddling.

Let us not kid ourselves though, many haters here hide behind the guise of constructive criticism. It is so utterly laughable how transparent they are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Haha... bro.. I don’t work for free. 😂 Neither do any of Them.

Thanks for posting the videos!

Does Sanders get to approve or veto the videos before you post them? In other words, how involved is he is the editing process?
Quote Reply

Prev Next