Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, 2 hour run = 120 points. Does the fact that it was at 9600' feet of altitude and the temp was a brisk zero degrees (fahrenhiet) get me any style points?

Oh yeah: 35-39 age group.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My numbers for today:
3050 yd swim: 64 minutes,
4 mile run: 35:01,
evening: 60 minute trainer ride
= 42.7 + 35 + 40
= 117.7

Everyone else's numbers since this afternoon have been included in the chart. I'll post an update in the morning after the down unders have had a chance to check in.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev, you've got me there. I'm just lookin' for points any way I can. You are more a man than I for training, and living for that matter, in that weather. Let's get down to the goods:

90 minute bodyboard sess: 30 points
45 minute weights: 30 points
30 minute indoor bike (non-trainer): 15 points

75 points for 12/23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, I got to thinking while working on the spreadsheet, always a dangerous thing, and I thought of two approriate awards for the Virtual Camp.

The first is titled "Paulos's More Is More" award. It will be given to the person who amasses the most points but is not currently committed to doing an IM in the next year.

The second award is "Khai's Tough Enough Isn't Enough" award. It will be given to the person who has accumulated the fewest points, but is committed to an IM in the next year.

We really do want to have as many people participate in this Virtual Camp as possible, which includes all levels of efforts. I think these two awards emphasizes that.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
Last edited by: parkito: Dec 23, 06 20:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One last thing. Don't be surprised if Mike Plumb all of the sudden has double points for his reported activities. Given the power he currently holds over me, I could find myself slated to go Double Platinum at one end of the spectrum, or not even qualify for Recycled Plastic, let alone any cheap metal, at the other end. I figured a little generosity on my part might be a smart, proactive move.

Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" girl I dated once said she didn't want to see me again because I was lousy in bed. How can a woman pass judgment on something that important in two minutes? "

Classic!

:)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thing is heinous! 45 min run this morning. Picked up the kids to take them to Disneyland at 8am. Returned from dropping the kids off at 6pm and checked the site to se how everyone was doing. I was too embarrassed to post only 45 points so I rode my mtn bike to the pool, swam 30 min, lifted weights for 30 min. There is no way I would have done the extra work without the incentive of the Virtual Camp.

45 min run- 45 points
45 min bike- 15 points
30 min swim- 20 points
30 min weights- 20 points

total= 100
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put me down for 60 points for day 1...90 minute trainer ride.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [Triocd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NEW: M 50-54
maybe my last event in this AG.

90 min. run=90 pts
Quote Reply
Post deleted by parkito [ In reply to ]
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Checking in.... still getting more thrust from snot rockets and lung hacks than my feet, but got her done.

Run: 65 minutes = 65 points.

Daniel

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Parkito,

Please put JKP in the Male 45-49 category with a goal of 1000 pts.

Thank you,

Jim Picker
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Checking in, AG M35-39 Goal. Ok, Baby steps. Goal 1pt. Yes 1 lousy little point.

Today. Well actually yesterday, cause its already tomorrow, oh forget it.

12/23 - 0 pts. But I ate way to many cookies.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: Dec 23, 06 21:52
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12/23:
run 1:25 = 85 pts
weights 1:00 = 40 pts
swim 1:00 = 40 pts
total 165 pts
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [kiwipat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
23 Dec = 120
24 December:

Wgts 60 mins = 40

Bike 2:20 = 70

Day total = 110

After two days = 230

PS - proud member of the 35 - 39 AG...

PPS - is there a Clydesdale section?.... ;)

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Last edited by: kiwipat: Dec 23, 06 23:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dec 24th

105 mins run = 105 pts

Total 105 pts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dec 23 (Day 1)

Swim 1:00 - 40 points
Run 1:00 - 60 points
Bike (Trainer) 1:00 - 40 points

AG - M45-49

P.S. My dogs would appreciate if I got bonus points for walking them!

MAO Elite Team
http://www.markallenonline.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Parkito,
Dp you earn points for keeping score???
Put me down as shooting for 1000!
;>)

"In order to arrive at what you are not, you must move throught the way in which you are not."
T.S. Elliot
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [glbrum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If I may, I'd like to add to the list of possible point getting opportunities. This will only apply to a select few folks, but goes under the category of surfing/bodyboarding. Tribodyboarder is going to love me for this one, but it's only worth a small amount of points. I was thinking 60 minutes = 20 points. That comes out to 1 min = .33 points.

Yeah, yeah! I like, I like!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
December 24th Run 1h18= 78 points
Outdoor Bike 1h13= 36,5 points

Total December 24th= 114,5 points

http://www.triathlonranking.com
Last edited by: Ironpete: Dec 24, 06 6:27
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your at Mavricks on a big day 1 hour = 2000 points.

Ric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So how many points do I get for chasing around my 2 and 3 year old nephews all night and lifting my 5 month old niece into the air 100 times?? Good solid zone 3 workout, I'm sure!

;-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 1: run 40 minutes = 40 pts.

Dan
http://www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [SpinHo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Parkito,
Dp you earn points for keeping score???

Let's just say that any mistakes I might make with respect to my score will be... ah... favorable to me.

;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put me in for 75 points for Sat

I had 2.5 hours outside on the bike

Thanks for keeping up with this.
Quote Reply

Prev Next