Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Recommendations on Bluetooth headphones for running?
Quote | Reply
Hi All, Can anyone recommend some good bluetooth headphones for running that don't make a man look like he's wearing a large vintage hearing aid? I'm trying to go wireless and stealthy. Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations on Bluetooth headphones for running? [10kDreamer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JayBird BlueBuds X ... end of conversation.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations on Bluetooth headphones for running? [shudawg7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shudawg7 wrote:
JayBird BlueBuds X ... end of conversation.

I liked those so I checked them out, but doesn't it seem like they stick out of your ears pretty far? Do you guys like those compared to the Jabra wrap around style?
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations on Bluetooth headphones for running? [10kDreamer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10kDreamer wrote:
Do you guys like those compared to the Jabra wrap around style?

The Jabra's are great ... unless you sweat while running.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations on Bluetooth headphones for running? [shudawg7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of folks here LOVE their Jay Bird BlueBuds. I'm not one of them. Despite the fact that they have a ton of different ear pieces included, I just can't get them to fit me well. I've never had this problem with any other headphones. When I wear these I'm frequently messing with them which is especially irritating when working out. If they weren't so expensive I wouldn't mind as much.

That said, they're the only bluetooth headphones I've owned so I don't have a solid alternative recommendation.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations on Bluetooth headphones for running? [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the quick replies. It just seems like we're fairly limited in what's available and good in Bluetooth right now. Jaybird might be the smallest out there. I might have to pick some up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the Jay Birds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
plantronics has a pair of bluetooth earbuds that seem pretty svelte, and cost less than Jaybirds. Only $80.00. Haven't tried 'em, can't speak to how well they work.

My Jaybird Freedoms crapped out on me two weeks ago, so i switched to the Bluebird X model (got a discount through Jaybird). Been fairly pleased with them.....but have only run short distances in them. Honestly, with how they sit in your ears, they may not be the best choice on the road....they isolate a LOT of ambient sound. I use them primarily in my training center, which plays the same freakin' playlist every damn day....and it is a pretty bad playlist.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out the Motorola s10 or whatever the current version is.
I have the s10 and the jaybird freedom and the s10's have better sound quality than the jaybirds.
Note: I haven't made the comparison with the current models of both brands.

Another observation is that, it doesn't matter how expensive the BT headsets are, the sound quality is noticeable worst than that in a decent regular headset (it drives me crazy, it is a constant battle between sound quality vs the convenience of cordless). This might not be important to you unless you are a perfectionist freak.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't get the jabra's to fit in my ears correctly. They might have worked fine but falling out was a deal breaker

The yurbuds bluetooth have been fine though for running etc. Sometimes when a call comes through people tell me I sound like I'm in a tunnel but listening has been great
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Avantree. http://www.amazon.com/...00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Love mine. Hard to beat for the price.

------------------------
Loud pawls save lives
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried a bunch of bluetooth headsets last year. Either they would not stay in my ears or they did not fit well and therefore sounded like crap. Would up with the Bose Sport earbuds. Yes they are wired but they stay in my ears, fit snug and since they fit snug sound great.
Last edited by: Juanmoretime: Apr 3, 14 12:32
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations on Bluetooth headphones for running? [Juanmoretime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked up some Jaybird Bluebuds. I'm going to test drive those bad boys today and report back.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations on Bluetooth headphones for running? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
plantronics has a pair of bluetooth earbuds that seem pretty svelte, and cost less than Jaybirds. Only $80.00. Haven't tried 'em, can't speak to how well they work.

My Jaybird Freedoms crapped out on me two weeks ago, so i switched to the Bluebird X model (got a discount through Jaybird). Been fairly pleased with them.....but have only run short distances in them. Honestly, with how they sit in your ears, they may not be the best choice on the road....they isolate a LOT of ambient sound. I use them primarily in my training center, which plays the same freakin' playlist every damn day....and it is a pretty bad playlist.

I use these and they work great but they are only 3-4 hours of battery life. I don't normally run that long as I do short course stuff but it does require attention to charging. I typically charge them every 2-3 workouts. The range to the device is decent at 30-40ft from my iPhone. They are a bit annoying to turn volume up and down as they overlay audio with a beep and you can't hear the track for a moment but thats if you're really picky. fit well, stay in firmly for me and audio quality is above average. I'd recommend them but I've never used the Jaybirds. For hald the price these were more than suffice for me.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i would stay away from Jaybirds... i bought a pair and it kick the bucket within 1 yr, they then replaced it and just last night the 2nd one kick the bucket.... now i am out of luck. I used it probably close to 4-5 times per week, wiped off after each use.

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations on Bluetooth headphones for running? [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ck21trhc wrote:
i would stay away from Jaybirds... i bought a pair and it kick the bucket within 1 yr, they then replaced it and just last night the 2nd one kick the bucket.... now i am out of luck. I used it probably close to 4-5 times per week, wiped off after each use.

Shoot, that doesn't sound too good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried the bluebuds x and even though they are great sounding, sweat proof, etc, they just wouldn't stay in my ears. From what I read this is a common problem. However, I have the jaybird freedom for about 3 years now and they are sweat proof, stay in my ear and work just fine. I am waiting for the next version of the bluebuds which i hope will address the staying in your ear issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations on Bluetooth headphones for running? [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I wanted to update anyone interested in what I figured out in my wireless headphone research.

I test drove the Yurbuds Inspire and the Jaybird Bluebuds. The Yurbuds had a great earpiece designed to actually stay in your ear- a twist lock. The sound was decent but I couldn't deal with the rather large contraption that sticks prominently out of each ear. If you can get over that part, these were a good bet for $130.

The Jaybirds Bluebuds are very cool. I've used them a couple of times and each time I'm getting better at keeping them in my ear. They sound really good and they don't have additional electronics that stick out of your ear like Frankenstein's neck. They take some getting used to. I have a hard time pairing them to my iphone for some reason, but I'm sure I'll figure that out. The fit is tricky, but once you dial in the right earpiece and rubber "wing" they stay in pretty well. One tip I can offer is that when the right earbud kept coming out on my long run, I looped the cable around my visor back to support the weight of the mini controls. This did the trick and it stayed in for the rest of the time. For $170, these bad boys command the extra $ because they are the real deal. If they break, I sure hope the customer service is as good as it's supposed to be!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a cheap ass so I found a pair of Jabra's cheap on ebay. They stay in my ear fine and I even sweat a lot but I was having a problem with sound quality. Since I bought them on ebay it didn't come with the different styles of ear gels you get if you buy it from a legit place. I put the ear gels from my old yourbuds on and now they work great. They fit perfect and sound great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW I'm about to return my 4th pair of the Jaybirds, customer service is very good and they have a lifetime warranty against failure from sweat...I wear mine riding only roughly 5x/week and it's kind of a pain to have to keep returning them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it is difficult to choose the best bluetooth headphones for running. But In my opinion I think you should choose Sony SBH80 Bluetooth in-ear headphones. With battery life enough time for a day about 6 hours and delivers better sound for running.
Last edited by: marry93: May 8, 15 8:38
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations on Bluetooth headphones for running? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have tried a bunch. The only ones that stay in place and don't get painful after 90 minutes have been the Jabra Sport Pulse Wireless - a little spendy but worth it...has built in ear optical HR too if you use with phone app.
Last edited by: MNrunner: May 8, 15 8:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Headphones or ear pieces spoil a good run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jaybirds were OK... until I found these (notice the price!):

http://www.amazon.com/Soundpeats-Bluetooth-Lightweight-Headphones-microphone/dp/B00LP6CFEC
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations on Bluetooth headphones for running? [Porfirio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Porfirio wrote:
Jaybirds were OK... until I found these (notice the price!):

http://www.amazon.com/Soundpeats-Bluetooth-Lightweight-Headphones-microphone/dp/B00LP6CFEC

I can't figure out the amoutn of love jaybirds get. The sound is meh and the bluetooth connectivity is spotty at best (multiple devices attempted).
Quote Reply

Prev Next