Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Which Inexpensive (Not Cheap πŸ™‚) Disc? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any experience with the new Hunt Disc wheel?

It is listed for $999. It looks like it is pre-order only right now so depending on your timeline to purchase might not be a viable option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True, I guess the difference is just 25mm external/21mm internal on the UFO vs the 25mm external/17.4mm internal on the older one.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Inexpensive (Not Cheap πŸ™‚) Disc? [treyxt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
treyxt wrote:
True, I guess the difference is just 25mm external/21mm internal on the UFO vs the 25mm external/17.4mm internal on the older one.

Are you going to explain why you don't like the prime wheel?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like the Yoeleo disc wheel. I bought one for my BMC TM01 and have rode 2 seasons on it. It is super easy to set up tubeless as well if that is your thing. Mine had a Velcro valve cover, but the velcro didn't stick well. So I just lightly sanded the glue spot and put it back on with super glue and have had no issues since.

I came from a tubular Zipp 900, and the big selling point for me was the wider rim, since the newer BMC rim brake models (2017ish +) were designed around wider rims.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Inexpensive (Not Cheap πŸ™‚) Disc? [lastlap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lastlap wrote:
treyxt wrote:

Perhaps I misjudged, I thought prime was equivalent of superteam wheels to be honest.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Inexpensive (Not Cheap πŸ™‚) Disc? [Rfitz24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rfitz24 wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with the new Hunt Disc wheel?

It is listed for $999. It looks like it is pre-order only right now so depending on your timeline to purchase might not be a viable option.

Looks new? Also Disc brake only it seems, I'll need rim. Timing isn't really an issue unless there is a deal that will end.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Inexpensive (Not Cheap πŸ™‚) Disc? [rowleycd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rowleycd wrote:
I really like the Yoeleo disc wheel. I bought one for my BMC TM01 and have rode 2 seasons on it. It is super easy to set up tubeless as well if that is your thing. Mine had a Velcro valve cover, but the velcro didn't stick well. So I just lightly sanded the glue spot and put it back on with super glue and have had no issues since.

I came from a tubular Zipp 900, and the big selling point for me was the wider rim, since the newer BMC rim brake models (2017ish +) were designed around wider rims.

Was curious if anyone would chime in on Yeoleo. It looks like a nice wheel, but the price is a bit higher than the others. Also doesn't look like there's any grooves in the brake track there either.

Leaning more and more towards Aeron X with the lightest weight, 25.6mm external vs the 25mm of the others, and grooved brake tracks...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
treyxt wrote:
lastlap wrote:
treyxt wrote:

Perhaps I misjudged, I thought prime was equivalent of superteam wheels to be honest.

What are Superteam wheels? Prime seem to be selling OK, every time I've gone to buy wheels they've sold out! From what I've read, they are chinese wheels, built in the UK and sold by Wiggle/CR. Did I get that right? Kind of similar to Caden Wheels in Australia.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Aeron X is not structural carbon, it's a steel spoked carbon rim with a carbon cover. Mine is also quite a bit heavier than advertised (as in 150+g heavier). It's a disc brake model, have not ridden it yet due to injury.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you need any information on our wheels - just let me know.

They were tested about 6 weeks ago at A2. We beat both Enve and HED.

They are available in both disc brake and rim brake and can be run tubed or tubeless.

Ours is fastest with either 25 or 28 mm tires.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it me or there is very little incentive to pay extra to get a disc from a premium brand (weight, quality of hub and width are basically the only feature that matter)... or i'm missing something?
Quote Reply
Re: Which Inexpensive (Not Cheap πŸ™‚) Disc? [_Nickel_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
_Nickel_ wrote:
The Aeron X is not structural carbon, it's a steel spoked carbon rim with a carbon cover. Mine is also quite a bit heavier than advertised (as in 150+g heavier). It's a disc brake model, have not ridden it yet due to injury.

Ah, I didn't know this.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Inexpensive (Not Cheap πŸ™‚) Disc? [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:
If you need any information on our wheels - just let me know.

They were tested about 6 weeks ago at A2. We beat both Enve and HED.

They are available in both disc brake and rim brake and can be run tubed or tubeless.

Ours is fastest with either 25 or 28 mm tires.

Is the disc wheel is structural carbon or a spoked wheel with a carbon faring? and at 25mm at the break track how is it fastest at 28mm tires?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it is a solid core disc wheel.

About 26.22 at the brake track.

25mm or 28mm tires are within the margin of error.

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:

Ah okay, the website says 25mm wide!

That solves it, going PremeirBike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
I don't see how it looks worse, just smart.

I mean, given…
- It’s pretty easy to figure out who you are
- And apparently you sell over $1.2 million in bike parts a year on eBay
- and under the False Claims Act a whistleblower may be eligible for rewards when reporting customs fraud

If it doesn’t make you look worse; at the very least it makes you like kinda dumb to admit this stuff on a public forum where anyone with an internet connection can read it

Matt
Last edited by: Chemist: Nov 28, 22 15:52
Quote Reply
Re: Which Inexpensive (Not Cheap πŸ™‚) Disc? [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

I mean, given…
- and under the False Claims Act a whistleblower may be eligible for rewards when reporting customs fraud

If it doesn’t make you look worse; at the very least it makes you like kinda dumb to admit this stuff on a public forum where anyone with an internet connection can read it

Just curious, if the wheel sells for more than 800, but the cost to the seller is less than 800 what should they put on the customs form? For instance, if the package gets lost they will only be out the less than 800 for shipping another one, but to the buyer it is more than 800.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:

Fantastic!

I just bought one of your Disc wheels

I didn’t know it was structural

I have a HED disc and NO Whomp Whomp sound

Does your disc have that sound?
Last edited by: MrTri123: Nov 28, 22 17:31
Quote Reply
Re: Which Inexpensive (Not Cheap πŸ™‚) Disc? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. 😁

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there an option for a track hub? πŸ™ƒ
Quote Reply
Re: Which Inexpensive (Not Cheap πŸ™‚) Disc? [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t have a single speed track hub disc in stock but I’m happy to make one for you. Just check out as usual and put track hub in the notes section. You can still use the discount code from Black Friday.

It will take about 3 - 4 weeks to ship to you.

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you ship to canada and if you know, what are duties?

also, disc brake version available. I only see one price point for disc wheel.

thanks!

@rhyspencer
Last edited by: rhys: Nov 28, 22 19:22
Quote Reply
Re: Which Inexpensive (Not Cheap πŸ™‚) Disc? [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes - we ship to Canada every day.

I use Bikeflights (ups) for Canada. They will provide a doir to door service. We generally get a shipping and duty quote after the order is placed- then if the customer does not like the total we just cancel the order and credit the full amount.

Yes - same price for disc brake.

Dan Kennison

Last edited by: dkennison: Nov 28, 22 19:26
Quote Reply
Re: Which Inexpensive (Not Cheap πŸ™‚) Disc? [habbywall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
habbywall wrote:
Chemist wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

I mean, given…

Just curious, if the wheel sells for more than 800, but the cost to the seller is less than 800 what should they put on the customs form? For instance, if the package gets lost they will only be out the less than 800 for shipping another one, but to the buyer it is more than 800.

The law is pretty clear on which price is to be used, and it's the purchase price to the customer ordering it.

So are you going to tell me where I encouraged fraud, btw, or will you delete that accusation?
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Nov 28, 22 23:47
Quote Reply
Re: Which Inexpensive (Not Cheap πŸ™‚) Disc? [benleg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
benleg wrote:
Is it me or there is very little incentive to pay extra to get a disc from a premium brand (weight, quality of hub and width are basically the only feature that matter)... or i'm missing something?

Depends on what incentivizes you. If it's purely cost, China is your best friend. If you are incentivized by things like shopping local, environmental/ labor practices, or minimizing how much of your money goes to certain types of government, then HED, Ron, and Citec might start to look like a good value for a few hundred more.
Quote Reply

Prev Next