Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What race are you REALLY looking forward to in 2019? [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dgconner154 wrote:
Just registered for the inaugural SOS Cape Cod, really looking forward to the format and location.

Also stoked for my second crack at Xterra French River this summer. I really want to do a couple more Xterra's this season but it seems like the east coast races are disappearing quickly.

Thinking about a couple pure MTB races - maybe the MTB division of the Black Fly Challenge in the Adirondacks and/or the Landmine Classic here in MA.

now you're talking! we're sympatico!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: What race are you REALLY looking forward to in 2019? [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Playing off the Super League format:

I'm looking forward to how this race goes in NC "Time Trial @ River Lights"
https://www.setupevents.com/nc-tri

The Time Trial @ RiverLights will consist off three race segments; a swim, a bike, and a run.
There will be no transitions.
Participants will have between 30 - 45 minutes rest between each segment.
The starting procedure for each segment will be an individual time trial (rolling) start.
Participants will begin each segment in the same order (based on race bib number)

That sounds awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: What race are you REALLY looking forward to in 2019? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan - Wish I could race this event, but I have to work the event! Z
Quote Reply
Re: What race are you REALLY looking forward to in 2019? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
took 2018 off from triathlon for the first time in 11 years.

Saw SOS Cape Cod pop up and I think I was one of the first lunatics signed up. I have done IM for 7 years and desperately need something new. Looked at swim runs but none quite fit. I love the format of this race. Bike first then run swim run swim run swim run I think thats the number. 27 mile bike 9 miles of running and like a total of 1.5 miles swimming. UH YES!!! Sign me up! LOL after what feels like a zillion HIMs and 4 IMs Im ready for something fun, different and not soul crushing. I cant wait.
Last edited by: tankinisusanne: Dec 31, 18 15:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  1. Alps + Dolomites cycling climbing camp
  2. Masters Swimming nationals....200 fly, 200IM, 400IM, 1500 free
  3. Kona climbing and swim camp

If it lines up with the Alps cycling camp, there is a Corsica to Sardinia 14km swim channel crossing in the third week of July. The swim events involve racing, the biking, just seeking out good places to ride and probably time myself up some climbs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I’m recovered from my surgery and I have reasonable fitness, then Paris to Ancaster.

B_Doughtie wrote:
Slowman wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
Super League, ITU, and the unfolding of this Olympic cycle.

Roth and Kona.
The growth and leveling up of SwimRun

that's good. thanks. and, not just to you, eric, but to a lot of you answering - because i see the tack this thread is taking - what i'm interested in is what SPECIFIC race you're looking at competing in YOURSELF that probably didn't exist 5 years ago, and probably didn't exist 2 years ago. that is unique, or that has a unique element to it.

i'm very bullish on multisport right now. more than i have been in a long time. but, i'm bullish for the multisport events i don't see yet. i think we're on the cusp of a renewal in the sport; i think i see an eagerness in the end-user i haven't see in the last 5 years; but i also think the enthusiast is looking for the next expression of the sport. what i want is to crowdsource some insight into the next expression, with you being the crowd from which i'm sourcing.

so. tell me what i don't know. tell me what's cool that's going on that is too small for my radar to have picked it up.

Playing off the Super League format:

I'm looking forward to how this race goes in NC "Time Trial @ River Lights"
https://www.setupevents.com/nc-tri

The Time Trial @ RiverLights will consist off three race segments; a swim, a bike, and a run.
There will be no transitions.
Participants will have between 30 - 45 minutes rest between each segment.
The starting procedure for each segment will be an individual time trial (rolling) start.
Participants will begin each segment in the same order (based on race bib number)

They used to do something almost exactly like this in the late 80s - early 90s in San Jose California. Macca raced it and iirc, Becky Gibbs Lavelle won it at least once.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Georgia Gravel Grinduro. Did it this year which was its first year and it was crazy hard.

Not new but Lake Logan half distance in NC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking forward to the Inaugural Ironman Ireland on 23 June 2019. The race is sold out but there are so many local athletes registered from the Tampa Bay area that it is going to be like a local championship ... only in Ireland. TBT is even supporting the race there are so many Americans registered. I lucked out and did the inaugural Ironman Norway this past June and am beyond fortunate to be heading back to another brand new race in a country I have not yet visited. Plus, racing followed by vacation in Europe is tough to beat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unlike so many of you, I still am in love with the original triathlon! I am entered in 9 events so far for next year, and my love affair with the sport as it was conceived goes on. Unlike many of you, I still love SBR. No new tricks for me.
Quote Reply
Re: What race are you REALLY looking forward to in 2019? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kona for the first time. If I can make it to the starting line.........

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: What race are you REALLY looking forward to in 2019? [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dgconner154 wrote:
Just registered for the inaugural SOS Cape Cod, really looking forward to the format and location.

Also stoked for my second crack at Xterra French River this summer. I really want to do a couple more Xterra's this season but it seems like the east coast races are disappearing quickly.

Thinking about a couple pure MTB races - maybe the MTB division of the Black Fly Challenge in the Adirondacks and/or the Landmine Classic here in MA.

Xterra Myrtle Beach

Also, Nat Greenes Revenge (formerly Xterra Greensboro, NC)

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
None. All the great races I loved and want to do again got cancelled. I'm a bit jaded by it all. Edit: I will still race but it feels like I'm doing it on inertia to be honest.
Last edited by: Dilbert: Dec 31, 18 22:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Next year I'm looking forward to the Sly Fox cyclocross race, my wife tried it for her first cross race ever which was a bit of a mistake, she was doing ok but over exerted herself on the first lap and DNF. I couldn't do it as I had kid duty and had already run 2 races that month but it looked insane and fun.
Never heard of the fly by night Duathlon, does sound like something fun.
This year I rediscovered MTBing and how much fun it could be with a new, nicer bike so I'm thinking a few races next year to change things up; haven't done a MTB race in almost 20 years, last one ever was the Troy, NY xterra the first year it was run.
Quote Reply
Re: What race are you REALLY looking forward to in 2019? [J.Thompson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1
See y'all there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess this doesnt quite fill your criteria, but

- Swissman, in trying to get back to why I did a long distance triathlon in the first place

While looking and discussing extreme triathlons, discovered couple I've never heard of, and at least ICON is one that I might "have" to do at some point
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is an Ironman, but I've always wanted to go to Norway, and we're making it a part of a two week trip, including time in Denmark and Germany. I can't wait to visit some new areas that I've always wanted to travel to - having the trip include an IM is icing on the cake. As teachers, summers are the time to travel for my wife and I along with our two kids, and the timing of IM Norway (June 30) fits right into our window.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: What race are you REALLY looking forward to in 2019? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
None. All the great races I loved and want to do again got cancelled. I'm a bit jaded by it all. Edit: I will still race but it feels like I'm doing it on inertia to be honest.

3 questions:

1. what races got canceled that you love?
2. are there races you'd really like to see happen?
3. what's keeping you from getting involved in making those races happen?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had no idea SOS was doing a Cape Cod inaugural race. Thanks so much for posting - now signed up and couldn't be more excited. Only 19 spots left... There is now at least one grateful beneficiary of this thread!
Last edited by: Dugansposse: Jan 1, 19 8:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new venue for the American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: What race are you REALLY looking forward to in 2019? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
Unlike so many of you, I still am in love with the original triathlon! I am entered in 9 events so far for next year, and my love affair with the sport as it was conceived goes on. Unlike many of you, I still love SBR. No new tricks for me.

Agree. Road tris still call me. For example, I was seriously considering doing the Ugly Dog gravel tri that Dan did last year. It's three hours away from my house and is being held on a Saturday. I'd probably have signed up by yesterday to get the lowest entry fee, but the road tri that I've done for at least 15 years is the next day. It's three hours away from the Ugly Dog site and is held at a state park a couple miles from where I grew up. I could do both, of course, but decided racing on gravel isn't worth the extra travel and costs when I have the special (for me) road tri the next day.

OTOH, I'll eagerly jump into a draft legal gravel tri that appears on the Ohio schedule this year and doesn't conflict with the road tris that I've regularly done the past three decades.

A new tri that I was really looking forward to next summer was advertised several times by the RD, but they didn't go through with the event because of road availability issues. It was a broken 70.3 in Vermilion, OH, a picturesque small town on Lake Erie. The distance was to be divided into three separate tris with the second and third tris starting 2:15 after the previous one. I haven't done a HIM in a decade but was ready to do this one with the rest breaks. :)

The races I'm really looking forward to this year: MaxiRace France and nats in Cleveland.

Happy new year!
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Jan 1, 19 10:06
Quote Reply
Re: What race are you REALLY looking forward to in 2019? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the new venue?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: What race are you REALLY looking forward to in 2019? [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moved from Shawnee to Salt Fork State Park.

The HIM at the end is Toughman Ohio.
Quote Reply
Re: What race are you REALLY looking forward to in 2019? [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where's the draft legal gravel tri in Ohio?
Quote Reply
Re: What race are you REALLY looking forward to in 2019? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
Where's the draft legal gravel tri in Ohio?

I'll eagerly jump into it if it appears. :) I don't have any knowledge of one that is planned. Will you be doing the Ugly Dog?
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Jan 1, 19 10:52
Quote Reply

Prev Next