Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use VIEW V-820 cheap $16 from Amazon and they are perfect. No leaks at all. Have good reviews too.
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Sporti S2. They are like $6 so I replace frequently and don’t care if I lose them in transition or leave them in the locker room at the pool.

Quote | Reply
Dan,

Do I recall correctly that you were a TYR Tracer guy due to eye socket depth/shape? I ask because they are what fits me the best, but the most recent iteration doesn't fit quite as well and am wondering what you have found as suitable alternatives base on shape/fit.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [Tri.Tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Compy is now sold by Water Gear as the Competition I. I have 3 pairs. I’m relieved that those are back in the market. I also use Malmsten Swedish and the various generic copies.

For anyone wondering, Sporti seems to be the “house brand” at swimoutlet for goggles, suits, caps, etc. Generics, if you will. There are several factories that make unbranded copies of those items. Interesting to note that these generic copies are sometimes sold and rebranded by larger companies. Roka is definitely one example: their swedish goggle was made at the generic plant and then rebranded and sold at 3-4x the price of Sporti, Kiefer, and Rise Aquatics.
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [ia_triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t see that Malmsten Swedish goggles are being sold at quite the volume as several years ago. There are many generic copies out there. Maybe their patent expired and they are content to step away since they don’t have the economy of scale anymore. Either way, I have a few pairs of Malmsten goggles around, as well as copies from Sporti and Rise Aquatics (obviously made at the same factory and sold under different branding).
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like Form goggles for indoor training but I don't like them for open water swimming. I use Magic 5 for open water swimming.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried Magic 5 and spent months trying to get them to fit right, but they never worked for me. I have gone back to my TYR Spec Ops. Love those. I truly regret the waste of time and money I spent trying to get the Magic 5 goggles to work.
Last edited by: Greatzaa: Jan 15, 22 8:26
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sucks!!! I have never had a goggle work better for me than themagic5. I don't ever take them off in workouts (v nearly every rest interval) and I have about 10 people I know get them on my recommendation. Almost all LOVE them, but one had the same experience as you. I think it's a great idea and for the people who they work for - they are amazing.

But I guess that's like everything else. Did you inquire about a refund? They were great about that for the friend who they didn't work for.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [JUDEBURKE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JUDEBURKE wrote:
I use aqua sphere vista so I can see better . Not sure how much time I'm losing because of hydrodynamic loss. I figure its more important to sight better.
FYI, the Aqua Sphere Eagle are much smaller and also prescription. I use those, and they are wonderful. (Still big by racer standards, but much closer to traditional race goggles.)
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I probably could have gotten a refund, but I never asked. They spent a long time trying to get them to work for me, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

I like the idea, but I am dubious about its efficacy. The number one thing a facial scan ought to be able to pinpoint is nose bridge width, but yet they send you four different nose pieces to get them to fit right. I am not a believer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
View prescription goggles, lenses for V-500 or VPS-500 from Tusa, available on scuba.com.
They can be a bit hard to locate, but search “corrective lens for Platina swimming goggles”

You buy the goggle part separately for each eye, depending on prescription. Mine is -2.0 for both eyes.Then you connect them to the nose piece and straps. Very good quality, nice seal around the eyes, a complete set costs about $18, and I go through about two pairs a year.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Last edited by: SharonMcN: Jan 15, 22 15:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Themagic5 - best goggles I have ever owned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Snake and Pig in the pool. Kayenne's in the OW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TYR Nest in the pool, Zone3 Vapour in open water
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Speedo Competition goggles, with the old school foam gaskets. My favourite goggles ever. They’re sadly discontinued now but I still have 3-4 new pairs left in my stock and hopefully can find more at Sport Chek when these run out. I don’t know what I’m going to do when I can’t buy them anymore, probably quit swimming I suppose lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swedes here, but curiously, why are you looking at “brand”? Shape is far more relevant, IMO.

For example, I voted for Swedes, but I don’t currently own any Malmsten original Swedes. They’re either TYR socket rockets or Speedo branded in the Swede style. (Although to be really pedantic the Speedo branded Swedes are actually Malmstens with a Speedo logo, but that’s another matter)

And I haven’t been able to swim since early 2020. I really need to get back in the water…

Slowman wrote:
our poll is up on this, as we prepare to "dive into" swim again. i just got back into the poll this week, after a 3mo layoff. so...

Speedo
Aqua Sphere
TYR
ROKA
Swedes
Barracuda
FORM
Zoggs
TheMagic5
Sporti
Phelps

am i missing an important brand? i'm curious about 2 brands. sporti seems to be pretty popular, but i know nothing about this brand. and, "aegend" is, supposedly, amazon's best selling swim goggle. but that goggle has not been once mentioned on our reader forum, which is curious to me.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Magic 5

Game changer for me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried Sable after a review here and have never used any other since..
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [SharonMcN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SharonMcN wrote:
View prescription goggles, lenses for V-500 or VPS-500 from Tusa, available on scuba.com.
They can be a bit hard to locate, but search “corrective lens for Platina swimming goggles”

You buy the goggle part separately for each eye, depending on prescription..

That's what I use, best prescription goggles I know, and it's good to be able to get the different strengths, -7 and -8.5 for me..
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
Magic 5

Game changer for me

Why a game changer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the HUUB Aphotic Photochromic Goggles and the zoggs predator. I will only put the zoggs in the poll since Hubb is not on there

Tridad
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [gillesgh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan and huge advocate of the Speedo Fastskin elite mirror googles, I have owned and still own mutiple pairs

It doesn't get easier, you just get slower
https://mymsracesironman.home.blog/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
View goggles - the Swipe version has anti-fog that actually works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huub Brownlee goggles. I think Huub are big in the UK but nowhere else tho
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [gillesgh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gillesgh wrote:
I use the HUUB Aphotic Photochromic Goggles and the zoggs predator. I will only put the zoggs in the poll since Hubb is not on there

I use the HUUB Aphotic too, extremely comfortable and the lens technology is great. Also used the HUUB Brownlee model in the pool.

Previously used Zoggs Predator but found them a bit hard around the seals.
Quote Reply

Prev Next