Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?)
Quote | Reply
our poll is up on this, as we prepare to "dive into" swim again. i just got back into the poll this week, after a 3mo layoff. so...

Speedo
Aqua Sphere
TYR
ROKA
Swedes
Barracuda
FORM
Zoggs
TheMagic5
Sporti
Phelps

am i missing an important brand? i'm curious about 2 brands. sporti seems to be pretty popular, but i know nothing about this brand. and, "aegend" is, supposedly, amazon's best selling swim goggle. but that goggle has not been once mentioned on our reader forum, which is curious to me.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zone3 are pretty popular.
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2XU
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blue Seventy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty happy with Magic5.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am using Finis Bolt and Finis Lightening
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the last time i polled this, here are the brands registering 1 percent or less:

arena
finis
2XU
sporti

so, i didn't include these, with 1 exception. they may have jumped up since then, and i included sporti because i see them now listed as a high seller at amazon and swim outlet.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's fine. I just thought a lot of masters swimmers use Finis. I personally find them leak proof, fog proof, and comfortable (almost like Swedes with a bit more padding around eyes) with great visibility. It may be that a lot of my peers in triathlon don't know how good they work and they just go with whatever is marketed to triathletes and Finis does almost nothing in triathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huub? Popular in the UK at least.

Roka are my favourite, but I also use Huub and Form. I tried to try Magic 5 but after 3 different pairs were sent out to me they still didnt fit so I got a refund. The company was great though.

@the.lazy.triathlete

https://www.strava.com/athletes/18691068
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [TLT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m going to mention “compy’s” mostly for nostalgia. Slow night in the pandemic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t see Blue70 in the poll. That is my go to goggle in the pool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [scooter23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueseventy in there now. sorry about that. so that's at least 2 for blueseventy can you guys vote? and, if anybody chose other and the other was blueseventy can you let me know?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought Sporti was a generic Swimoutlet brand.

I use the Sporti version of the Swedes as well as their fins, caps and other items.
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
I thought Sporti was a generic Swimoutlet brand. I use the Sporti version of the Swedes as well as their fins, caps and other items.

i got the sense that sporti may be connected with swim outlet. i don't know. it polled 1 percent last time i took this poll. if it still polls at 1 percent then this is remains popularity of this brand among our readers. we'll see.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Snake n Pig

https://snakeandpig.com

Maybe its just a regional thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a list of everything Sporti at Swimoutlet

https://www.swimoutlet.com/collections/sporti

Here's a list of just Sporti goggles at Swimoutlet

https://www.swimoutlet.com/...i/swim-goggles-20615

There are many different models from Kids - sport - competition
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I selected Speedo, but:
in the pool, I use Sporti Swedes. They're cheap, and they just won't die. I originally used the rubber nose piece, but that broke and I replaced it with the string. I used the spring toggle on the head strap, but finally the spring in the toggle rusted and broke. Now I just tie a square knot in the elastic. Less than 4 bucks, and the same pair has been going since before Covid. In open water, I prefer corrective goggles, and use the Speedo Vanquisher.

Admittedly the swedes take a bit of messing with some days, not something you want on race day. The Vanquishers haven't caused me any grief. I used to use vanquishers in the pool, but to get a bifocal effect, I would buy a plain pair and a corrective pair, then mix and match to get a plain lens for reading my watch and a corrective pair for reading the clock. But with digital clocks I don't need corrective lenses in the pool.

salmon - not because I'm a fish
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [salmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the prescription Speedo Vanquish. I have a pair of the Sporti prescription goggles but they aren’t comfortable…not enough cushion on the edges. I think people have similar comments about their comfort on the Swim Outlet website. They were so cheap compared to the Speedos I thought I would give them a try…no luck.
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [salmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
salmon wrote:
I selected Speedo, but:
in the pool, I use Sporti Swedes. They're cheap, and they just won't die. I originally used the rubber nose piece, but that broke and I replaced it with the string. I used the spring toggle on the head strap, but finally the spring in the toggle rusted and broke. Now I just tie a square knot in the elastic. Less than 4 bucks, and the same pair has been going since before Covid. In open water, I prefer corrective goggles, and use the Speedo Vanquisher.

Admittedly the swedes take a bit of messing with some days, not something you want on race day. The Vanquishers haven't caused me any grief. I used to use vanquishers in the pool, but to get a bifocal effect, I would buy a plain pair and a corrective pair, then mix and match to get a plain lens for reading my watch and a corrective pair for reading the clock. But with digital clocks I don't need corrective lenses in the pool.

I love the Swedes, such a simple elegant design. I think they must be made from unbreakable plastic b/c they've been dropped and thrown around dozens of times over the past 15 yrs or so. Been using same pair since spring 2007; have had to replace the strap about 3-4 times, and the string once. Every year or so I wash the lenses with mild soap to maintain visibility.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, I have been an arena cobra ultra user for years, experimenting with magic 5 atm since my shop didn't have cobras in stock.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speedo Swedes here. You get two pairs for half the price of most goggles. (I think they are made by or licensed from Malmsten.)

They aren’t as good/comfortable as their Speedo Swedish model circa 1995 (which had subtle rounded edges instead of the harsh flat edge of the current models, and a silicone nosepiece in two lengths which secured over a post in each goggle- I’m still crying that I didn’t buy a closet-full before they disappeared/discontinued) but they do the job. If only someone made a corrective lens version. Having tried the vanquisher, not sure I can go back to it just for the corrective lens option, but also can’t find anyone making corrective Swedes after an extensive search last week online.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ROKA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use aqua sphere vista so I can see better . Not sure how much time I'm losing because of hydrodynamic loss. I figure its more important to sight better.
Quote Reply

Prev Next