Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tour de France Stage 10 Thread - first mountain of the Tour. [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And the numbers are probably already crunching on Froome's estimated W/kg.
Last edited by: trail: Jul 14, 15 7:50
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France Stage 10 Thread - first mountain of the Tour. [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Teejay is riding smart....even though he has been gapped, he is still on top of his gear and riding a solid pace. Everyone else has blown and is fighting their bike.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France Stage 10 Thread - first mountain of the Tour. [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want Froome to win, but watching an 11 stage victory lap might get boring.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France Stage 10 Thread - first mountain of the Tour. [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quintana and Tejay seriously slipping. We know Quintana can accelerate but what about Tejay? Can he get 10-15 seconds back at the end?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When does the Tour of Utah start?
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France Stage 10 Thread - first mountain of the Tour. [soobrex1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think it flattens at the end somewhat doesn't it? So if a few riders can get together and if any of them have anything left they ought to be able to reel in a few seconds by working together. Lot of ifs though!
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France Stage 10 Thread - first mountain of the Tour. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crushing his big ring. Q rings for Froome yeah?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
When does the Tour of Utah start?

If I was Nibali or Contador, I'd be considering withdrawing and going for the Vuelta
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France Stage 10 Thread - first mountain of the Tour. [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
47 Seconds and growing, good grief he's Frooming away with this one... Looks like another mountaintop win in yellow on Bastille Day..

Don't forget to unclip!
Last edited by: Armstronium: Jul 14, 15 7:58
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France Stage 10 Thread - first mountain of the Tour. [Armstronium] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Has this climb been used before in the tour?
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France Stage 10 Thread - first mountain of the Tour. [Salmon Steve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Salmon Steve wrote:

Has this climb been used before in the tour?

Yeah, but never as a finishing summit
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France Stage 10 Thread - first mountain of the Tour. [Armstronium] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Massively disappointing....

we now have a 2 week parade through the French countryside, unfortunately.

Like I siad, the first mountain day in the Tour often dictates who wins in Paris.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France Stage 10 Thread - first mountain of the Tour. [Salmon Steve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
only going up the other side, not this direction.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France Stage 10 Thread - first mountain of the Tour. [fisherman76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Wow - the sceptic in me is going CRAZY. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only once before, in 2007
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Salmon Steve wrote:

Wow - the sceptic in me is going CRAZY. :)

Tell me about it.

Whatever he's been doing, he needs to do it just a bit less in future.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France Stage 10 Thread - first mountain of the Tour. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Haha I'll get in before that gets deleted.

<tips hat>
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France Stage 10 Thread - first mountain of the Tour. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont know how you did that but that is awesome! Stupid stage....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yep....to see someone ride away, in that manner, makes you wonder.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France Stage 10 Thread - first mountain of the Tour. [CB3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CB3 wrote:
I dont know how you did that but that is awesome! Stupid stage....

The Sky 1-2 doesn't make it look any better either
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France Stage 10 Thread - first mountain of the Tour. [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreed, this is a little too far on the blatant side, not like we had any doubts after his 'meteoric' rise to the top from otherwise middling results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

yeah, Geraint Thomas setting the pace and still finishing top 10. you've gotta shake your head

let's not forget Porte getting second. i bet one of the Sky minions who finished in top 10 will lose a chunk of time a la 2013 just so that they'll shake the suspicion
Last edited by: echappist: Jul 14, 15 8:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I always believed Froome was clean, and you know what, I'm still leaning that way, but now.... wow just wow. A sky 1-2 (props to Porte).

Don't forget to unclip!
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France Stage 10 Thread - first mountain of the Tour. [Shaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quite the coincidence with all the shit that's been thrown around re Sky the last 24 hours, comparative data / estimations etc, that they choose the one climb that hasn't been used before to FUCKIN BLOW THE TOUR APART.

:)
Quote Reply

Prev Next