Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Take A Picture of Your Bike RIGHT NOW! [TriCat13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That's gotta be a 2006 Porsche Carrera or Turbo?

Impressive guess! Close enough for me. 2001 Boxster S... the poor mans version. Or as I like to think of it, the P2C of the Porsche world. I would also have accepted 986 or 996 :) Julian was the first to come up with Boxster though, so massive credit there too.

I can't believe how many responses and PMs my little throwaway comment garnered. It must be then off season!

Thanks for the info on the Rubbermaid stuff, Khai. You got me motivated to head to Home Depot (which an Amazon review said is actually cheaper believe it or not, but they might not carry the certical bike holders) right now and clean up the garage and hang all 6 bikes.... making room for more cool stuff like the rest of this thread has inspired me to collect!! :) I'm guessing a few others of us are gonna do that now.

Ajo -- what kind of bike is that? It looks sweet!
Quote Reply
Re: Take A Picture of Your Bike RIGHT NOW! [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Geez Sergio! Your legs look like tree trunks and your bike position is incredible!

I am not Sergio Jr. but I can tell you that those legs are probably swollen from trying to stay on the wheel of an ex CSC, ex Discovery and now Liquigas rider all week long ;).

I found a picture of Sergio Jr's first bike (size 48) when he was 12 y/o, three years ago on October 2005. Time flies!

Funny how he keeps putting that little falcon sticker on his bikes :)

The photo below is from April 2006 on his size 51 Soloist.

December 2006 pic (w/o helmet) after his first bike fit with John Cobb on a 54 cm P2SL

Maybe we should start a new thread, posting pics to show how we have changed our position over the years.

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply
Re: Take A Picture of Your Bike RIGHT NOW! [Paul Smeulders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
please provide info on the top-tube collar on the RED Cramerotti track bike. The orange bike clearly is an S&S bike, and I see your travel case in background. The collar on the red bike appears to be not be a coupler but armor against the handlebars smacking into the top tube. An old trackie trick oft done with tape, and I do it to my road bikes since they climb in and out of hatchbacks/trunks cars often enough.

Is this collar a third party add-on or a custom cramerotti-made feature? I gotta presume it can move as well, so you can change stem and bars. Can you please provide a source?

Paul Smeulders

The red Cram is a track bike, and as such needs something to protect the top tube from the handlebars. I've seen bandannas used as well as bar tape, pipe insulation wrapped with tape, just tape, etc but I saw this on someone's bike and it struck me as an elegant solution. It's a Five Gold Frame Protector made by Kashimax of Japan. It's made of a slightly tacky rubber with a metal band inside that gives it shape. The tackiness of the rubber and the springiness of the band hold it in place. Ever since the hipster fixie kids started to go NJS crazy the price of everything Keirin has gone through the roof! It's still a great little device but I don't think that I'd pay the $35-50 they seem to be selling for these days!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Take A Picture of Your Bike RIGHT NOW! [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks Khai.
From package it is circular, so won't fit the bike I want it for most, but a very cool find.

Paul

ErgVideo.com
Quote Reply
Re: Take A Picture of Your Bike RIGHT NOW! [dpm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thanks for the info on the Rubbermaid stuff, Khai. You got me motivated to head to Home Depot (which an Amazon review said is actually cheaper believe it or not, but they might not carry the certical bike holders) right now and clean up the garage and hang all 6 bikes....

Home Depot in Canada doesn't carry that line (though the do carry other Rubbemaid stuff...) - otherwise it is a little cheaper there. Amazon gives me free shipping though, so compared to homedepot.com, Amazon worked out cheaper for me in the end. If you have a Home Depot nearby that carries the stuff you'll probably do better that way (though I'm not sure once you throw in taxes...). It's pretty close to a wash.

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Take A Picture of Your Bike RIGHT NOW! [mlinenb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey I have that Tinley poster in my garage........he signed it at the Championship race in Chicago 1995......wow , I am old.

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NJS?

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Take A Picture of Your Bike RIGHT NOW! [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NJS (Nihon Jitensha Shinkokai - thanks Wikipedia!) is the certification standard by which all Keirin bikes and equipment must comply. It's effectively the UCI rulebook for Keirin racing, only it's FAR more restrictive. If you've ever wondered why they all race on round tubes steel bikes with those round helmets, NJS is why. All bicycles and equipment used in an (official) Keirin race must bear the NJS stamp. Because of this, all the hipster fixie kids want NJS stuff so that their bikes have street cred as the real deal. Even though most of them just get walked around/ to coffee shops... :p

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Take A Picture of Your Bike RIGHT NOW! [Maxximus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he signed mine, too... time flies!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you've ever wondered why they all race on round tubes steel bikes with those round helmets, NJS is why.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought Sir Chris Hoy was the reason ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If you've ever wondered why they all race on round tubes steel bikes with those round helmets, NJS is why.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought Sir Chris Hoy was the reason ;-)

Not in Japan, mate. :p

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What you talking about Willis? He's big in the land of Keirin after all he's the Olympic and world champ.

Quote Reply
Re: Take A Picture of Your Bike RIGHT NOW! [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, so this is taken from the couch where I am currently sitting writing this. Yes it is a cross bike with road tires. It's all I have left after selling my road, TT, and mtb bikes to:
a)pay the bills
b)wait to see who I am riding for in 2009. I just hope I won't be clipping aero bars to the cross bike come April.

Gotta love the glorious life or the pro triathlete.

Jimmy

Jimmy Archer
Pro Triathlete/Coach/Freelance Writer
http://www.jimmyarcher.com
http://www.dirttri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy Quads!!
Quote Reply
Re: Take A Picture of Your Bike RIGHT NOW! [Occam's Razor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quadzilla!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What you talking about Willis? He's big in the land of Keirin after all he's the Olympic and world champ.

True, but do the Olympics & World Champs demand strict adherence to the NJS standards and rulebook? I'm not fully up to speed on them myself but that bike he rode in the Olympics does not look NJS to me!

You forget that in Japan, Keirin is first and foremost about gambling. Then heroes. Excellence in sport is but a mere byproduct...

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go away rain, trainer ride this morning:

Erik
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Take A Picture of Your Bike RIGHT NOW! [jcurtis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Cool ride. I figured that's what it was. Didn't look quite hefty enough to be an MX Leader ... I'm a bit of a Merckx groupy ... I ride a Team Sc.
thanks. team sc is a very nice ride!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, I forgot the gambling aspect!

Wanna race?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ah, I forgot the gambling aspect!

Wanna race?

I might have a chance against that guy in the pool... :p

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Waiting for its winter cleaning and new zipp decals---and yes, the sit and spin does give one a rigorous workout

"thoughts become things, choose the good ones"
Quote Reply
Re: Take A Picture of Your Bike RIGHT NOW! [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see an Argon 18 in there. I am thinking about the 112. How is it?

The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die.-Pre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here I are my rides.

My mountain bike waiting to be cleaned.

My project bike. Trying to convert to a fixie. Anyone know what kind of Crank puller I need to get these cranks off?

My Tri bike, road bike and my GF's bike have turned her living room into the bike room.
Quote Reply
Re: Take A Picture of Your Bike RIGHT NOW! [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My rack of unmotorized 2 wheelers:

This one was down because I had my tri bike on the trainer earlier, havent re-racked it:

And my other bike:

Quote Reply
Re: Take A Picture of Your Bike RIGHT NOW! [triguy98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice... you want to trade a R3-SL for the YZF?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply

Prev Next