Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Stage 17 (Spoilers within) [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wasn't really disagreeing with you; if I had to put money on anyone I'd almost always bet on AC. He just seems to "get" it better than Andy (as much as one can tell from TV/media). Just saying that today it didn't mean as much as it could have.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 17 (Spoilers within) [justkeepedaling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justkeepedaling wrote:
It looked like the Schlecks were leading the chase group to me for a LONG time, just saying. Everyone else was trying to hang on

No, everyone else was happy to let them do the work to bring back AC. Why would they bother coming around when Frandy were being forced to close that gap?
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 17 (Spoilers within) [superphil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
superphil wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:
It looked like the Schlecks were leading the chase group to me for a LONG time, just saying. Everyone else was trying to hang on

No, everyone else was happy to let them do the work to bring back AC. Why would they bother coming around when Frandy were being forced to close that gap?

From the EuroSport feed I was watching, I'm not even sure they knew where the Evans/Schleck group was. I thought for sure, AC had gapped everyone, and then right at the line, the GC group shows up. Was a bit surprised they made the gap.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 17 (Spoilers within) [Quantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who cares about the GC ;-)

This Thor de France is all about Norway. Two Norwegians in the tour, 4 stage wins, ttt win and yellow jersey.

Heia Norge
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 17 (Spoilers within) [superphil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 17 (Spoilers within) [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waiting for Cadel to attack? I guess you haven't followed him since winning the world championships two years ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 17 (Spoilers within) [brooks@AllOut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say it's also clear that while Andrea has Frandy, Contador has Sanchez. Something else for the sisters to think about.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 17 (Spoilers within) [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, agree with you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Waiting for Cadel to attack? I guess you haven't followed him since winning the world championships two years ago.

You think Cadel will have an "off" day or has he matured to completely not bonk on one of the few remaining BIG mountain stages. I think AC is the favorite right now.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I should have said "In the Tour de France."

If he ever attacked going uphill, I'd not only fall out of my chair, I'd shit myself. He sits on wheels and doesn't attack. Sure it's a good strategy, but as they Hinault said on Eurosport "Ruder should attack; go out at beat someone."

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That for sure is the BIG question. To be fair, I didn't think Cadel had a shot in this race but damn if he doesn't look like a different rider. I'm still not convinced he (or anyone) can follow Contador on an epic stage but we'll soon find out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:
Ok, I should have said "In the Tour de France."

If he ever attacked going uphill, I'd not only fall out of my chair, I'd shit myself. He sits on wheels and doesn't attack. Sure it's a good strategy, but as they Hinault said on Eurosport "Ruder should attack; go out at beat someone."

Bob

But at this point in the game, if he rides wheels, he wins the Tour. It's that simple.

Edit: I still think Evans is going to have his trade mark "off" day and finish well off the pace. BUT, if he can ride wheels when AC attacks, he's going to win the Tour. I just dont see that happening.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Last edited by: brooks@AllOut: Jul 20, 11 8:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yesterday he went on the attack with Contador and then dropped him and Sanchez on the super sketchy descent. He also attacked Sunday.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jul 20, 11 8:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cadel has rode the smartest race of anyone in this Tour among the GC guys. He's stayed up front during flat stages, stayed out of danger, has good team support, and has been able to follow the right attacks each time and then been able to respond with his own digs. He really has ridden an fantastic Tour, almost one of those too good to be true rides, where something has to go wrong, right, lol?

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cadel will not attack because he thinks if everyone stays behind him like they are, he will get all the time he could possibly need in the TT to win.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 17 (Spoilers within) [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J, The difference is that the guys today don't go up to the front like Merkcx used to and just ride them off the wheel. When Cancelara did it at P-R everyone was mezmorized.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 17 (Spoilers within) [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andy and Frank are so escared that . . .

You keep saying that is if it's a word.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 17 (Spoilers within) [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Andy and Frank are so escared that . . .

You keep saying that is if it's a word.

It is in my part of the world, too.

Last night I heard "estand."

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 17 (Spoilers within) [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you drink esprite? (Three syllable word.)
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 17 (Spoilers within) [lacticacid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticacid wrote:
J, The difference is that the guys today don't go up to the front like Merkcx used to and just ride them off the wheel. When Cancelara did it at P-R everyone was mezmorized.

and that is because you need to be like 10% stronger than the rest of the field to do that, and nobody except fabian on a great day is like that anymore.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 17 (Spoilers within) [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I drink cokadiet.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 17 (Spoilers within) [jgarza22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jgarza22 wrote:
Cadel will not attack because he thinks if everyone stays behind him like they are, he will get all the time he could possibly need in the TT to win.

And he would be right to think that he doesn't have to attack. Being only 1:18 behind Voekler, he is effectively in the yellow jersey. He can take that time back in the TT easily, and he has more than enough time to hold off Contador in the TT. Andy and Frank will each lose at least 40-60 seconds in the TT, so he has no reason to attack. He just needs to defend his position to win.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 17 (Spoilers within) [jgarza22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Other than Voeckler, I'd think he wants to take a little more back before the TT. Cadel has shown a willingness to attack when it makes sense tactically.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brooks@AllOut wrote:
superphil wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:

From the EuroSport feed I was watching, I'm not even sure they knew where the Evans/Schleck group was. I thought for sure, AC had gapped everyone, and then right at the line, the GC group shows up. Was a bit surprised they made the gap.

Yeah, I think they even commented as such.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply

Prev Next