Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
thanks [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was an easy swim workout, except for the last set (it's on the swim challenge thread, if anyone is interested), and a tenth of it was kicking. I swam alone for the first half, then had two friends pushing me through the second - it went by fast. I'm fine with 150 pts. Really, how is swimming different from riding a trainer for hours?

the wierdest affect is that it totally killed my appetite. usually swimming leaves me ravenous, but I haven't wanted to eat much all day. I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night starving though.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would also recommend not eating too much, too close before you try it. and you can use fins or not, I don't notice a difference as far as ab work. fins make it a little more fun!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love using fins for my kick sets. Unfortunately I don't have my own and the gym I use in Milwuakee doesn't have them. I asked for them for Christmas, but got other great gifts instead. Time to do my own shopping with B-day money!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I go back and forth on fins. It always feels like cheating! I know it's not easier - you work your quads and hamstrings more, and they're good for ankle flexibility - but I can motor through kick sets with fins that would take me soooo long without them.

anyway, time to stop hijacking the thread :P

Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
points for today: 2:46 outdoor bike for 83 points, and a 35 min swim for 23 points - total of 106 points (that's it?!?! Jeesh I'm beat!).

=================================
http://www.clydesdaleshavebigbikes.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 12/26:

nordic 60 min = 30 pts
weights 30 min = 20 pts

todays total = 50 points

thanks!!!

http://www.triontherunfitness.com
http://www.triontherun.com
http://www.ontheruntx.com
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [slimjim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tigerchik's 3:45 in the pool gets "workout of the day" recognition. But that pat on the back gets her no more points :-(, otherwise we'll have daily exceptional performances warranting more points.

Really, if you guys are getting the picture, it is amazing how many points you can amass by doing lots of smaller workouts. There is a message in this, especially for the working athlete. You can build a base week after week, month after month by cramming lots of workouts in here and there. While monster 6-8 hour training sessions are great, its all those 30-60 min sessions that you do over the course of a season that really help you to "train to train" for the key workouts before your big events.

While the points scheme is skewed towards running, there is a point there too. Over 10 days, if you commit to at least 30 min running per day, you are 300 pts ahead of where you are at the start. I'm always amazed that no matter how fried I might be in the peak weeks of an Ironman build, I can squeeze out an extra 30 min of running from my body. Over the course of a week, this can be the difference between the guy that does 3.5 hours per week of running and 6 hours per week of running...and when all systems start failing at mile 14 of the Ironman, you can bet that the guy on the 6 hour per week run program will hold it together a lot better than the 3.5 hour per week person!

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tigerchik's 3:45 in the pool gets "workout of the day" recognition. But that pat on the back gets her no more points :-(, otherwise we'll have daily exceptional performances warranting more points.

thanks. but don't 'pat' too hard 'cuz my shoulders are getting sore :P
I get to run tomorrow!!!! I just got a brand new pair of shoes :D

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Results for 26 Dec:

Mountain bike - 82 min for 41 pts
Ran - 47 min for 47 pts
Total - 88

Thanks Parkito for keeping track for us.

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Post deleted by slimjim [ In reply to ]
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 4:

2 hours on the trainer = 80 pts

Ric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
12/26
60m trainer ride = 40 points

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [slimjim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we need to go back and retroactively award Workout of The Day for the others. I'll nominate:

Cousin Elwood for day 1 - 2:50 swim (75X100), 5:44 bike (77 miles+6200 feet) 1:20 run (8 slow miles)
Dev for day 2 - "I just did a 90 min hike with my 10 year old after my 80 min XC ski + 120 min run morning"
SpinHo for day 3 - "2 hour run (got home before daughter woke up!) 120 points +1 hour recovery spin on Computrainer 40"

feel free to debate.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dec 26 (Day 4)

Run 1:05 - 65 points
Bike (Trainer) 1:00 - 40 points

Day 4 Total - 105

Total to date - 525

Goal - 1300 (Need snow and a few long skis to make this happen. Otherwise it'll be a struggle.)

MAO Elite Team
http://www.markallenonline.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
12/26 75 pts(75m run)

Aloha,
Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 4:

60 Min Trainer ride: 40 pts
30 Min weights/core 20 pts
60 Min Swim 40 pts:

Day 4 total: 100 pts:

Overall total: 625

I thought I was going to have a nice relaxing swim workout after a few hard days but I ran into one of the guys on my tri team at the pool and he convinced me to do a 10x100 descend set with him, and of course lead it. I'm wiped. Hopefully I can keep this up.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
45 min swim - 30 pts
120 min bike-indoor - 80

Grand total for 12/26 is 110 pts.

No points for 12/25

Thanks!

Debi Bernardes

Owner, UCANDOIT Coaching Group, LLC
Quote Reply
Late to the Game ... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm late to the game, but in.

M35-39 (at least for two more weeks) Clyde (for the forseeable)...

12/23 Ride 3 hrs outside = 120 pts

12/24 70 min run
30 min swim
60 min trainer ... total 120 pts

12/25 60 min run = 60 pts

12/26 70 min run = 70 pts

370 so far ... man I have a long way to go to get to 1000 (!)
Quote Reply
Re: Late to the Game ... [TallTim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12/26:

Ride Trainer: 90 minutes = 60 points
Run 1 hour = 60 points

Total for today: 120
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
12/25: Rest Day

12/26: 50 minute run: 50 Points

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A quiet day....
2h30 on the bike 75pts
1h45 run 105pts
180pts
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12/25-Day 3 : 0

12/26-Day 4:
100 minutes weights = 66 points
20 minutes on trainer = 14.5 points

Total for 12/26 = 80.5 points
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Busy day today because I had a lot of clients out for the holidays:
46 minutes on the stationary trainer (Spark) = 30.6
40 minutes of weights = 26.6
1:04 stationary (spin class) = 42.6
1:34 run = 94
1:06 swim = 44
33 minutes weights = 22
28 minutes stationary trainer (Spark) = 18.6
Day total = 278.6

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
26/12 Tue: 81 pts.

wts 30:00 (20) (lifted with Dad)
swim 50:00 (33)
run: 28:00 (28)

25/12: 25
24/12: 27
23/12: 84

Total: 217

Spending time with Dad, much more important than points.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"3:45 swim --- 150 pts"
- - HOLY SH!T BATMAN...

Was that 100X100?
Next you should be ready for Rappstar's SWIM SET!

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply

Prev Next