Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope - no swim, just "fuzzy math": thanks for the correction!

That is why I posted exactly what I did :)

So here goes for today as well :)

55 min run - 55 pts.

45 min MTN bike ride - 23 pts.

15 min weights - 10 pts

88 pts total for Christmas (a lot more than I thought I'd get in!)

p.s. Does putting together TONS of toys, playing Xbox with my son and "Mall Madnes" with my daughter count ;)

Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12/24: nothing = 0 points !
12/25: 70m run = 70 points

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Merry Christmas run - 68 min = 68 points for the bigun.

AG 40-44 or 40+ Clydesdale (225+)....and goal is 1300 points.

Have not scheduled full Iron distance for '07, just Bradenton 101 and Florida Challenge.

=================================
http://www.clydesdaleshavebigbikes.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [soya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 3 (Dec25):
Bike (trainer) 1:40 = 66
Run 2:09 = 129
Total = 195

Total to date:
389 + 195 = 584
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An easy day... 54 minute swim = 36
40 minute stationary trainer = 28
1:02 run = 62
Total of 126. My average is slipping, but I think I can still make 1500.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Checking in after two days of too much eating (but not bad):

12/24: 42 min run = 42 points

12/25: 45 min run, 60 min ride, 15 min weights = 85 points

Total through day 3 = 234
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude...are you tapering for your 12 hour day on Dec 31st...I'm expecting Francois to post any moment, saying that he has taken over the lead.

I'm waiting for last year's platinum club champion (Kus) to post. He's out of internet reach with a bike, a pair of running shoes, and some food, somewhere in the desert in Arizona, in a "back to the basics hard core Olaf Ludwig approved East German" training camp. I shudder at the thought of the daily mileage he is cranking out...

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [SpinHo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
parkito is an accounting nazi. he makes sure I don't screw up on the swim challenge thread, too!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev, I had asked for a ruling on points yesterday and I'm not sure that you saw it. I'm coming back from a stress fracture, and have to keep the running mileage farily low, but I'm supposed to walk on the days I don't run. Yesterday was 90 minutes of walking at a pretty good clip. Any points, or no?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
76 minute run = 76 points

1:00 trainer ride = 40 points

Total points = 116

The hills in San Antonio are starting to wear on the body. The only good thing I can say about today is that I got to stare at Eva Longoria's backside as she walked past me and out the theatre doors today. Caught me off guard but certainly a nice backside. She saw "The Holiday" as my girlfriend was in there with her family watching it. I saw "We are Marshall" with her brother.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.westtexasendurance.com - Powered by Brooks, Powerbar and pizza.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please put me down for 44 points for day 3

44 minute run today

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [Triocd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
30 minutes on the trainer = 20 points. And that was a small miracle, given the kids, Xmas presents, dinner party, etc., etc., etc.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, normally, we'd say walking is out, but let's here some comments from the Peanut gallery. Technically walking is VERY tri specific as 80% of the field at Ironmans walks for part of it. During the 76 min walk, how much distance did you cover? Let's say it was 3.5 miles. so at 8 min per mile you'd end up with 28 points.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [Triocd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dec 25- Day 3

52 minute run- 52 points
Watching my kids open their gifts- Priceless
8 hours with the in-laws- pointless

Total for the day- 52
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [Mikey G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dec 25 (Day 3)

Run 1:00 - 60 points
Bike (Trainer) 1:00 - 40 points
Weights :30 - 20 points
20 x 10m repeats to buffet table - 1:00 - 0 points (Glad there's no deduction for this!)

Day 3 Total - 120

Total to date - 420

P.S. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

MAO Elite Team
http://www.markallenonline.com
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [JKP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 3

2h20min mtn bike ride - 70 pts

40 min run - 40 pts

Day 3 total - 110
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
but let's here some comments from the Peanut gallery.

I vote for 30 pts per hr for dedicated walking. Particularly in the case of tigerchik if she is going to be walking outside in Maine in December!

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dec. 25th (day 3)

Run 30 min, 30 points.

slow start...only 110 points so far.

-Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup - I'd go with the .25 calculation

I also like Dev's comment about 75% of an IM field (except perhaps Kona) walking ... so true :)

Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [SpinHo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't believe Parkito can keep track of all of this! Good on ya and Merry Christmas!

"It's what I live for."

Just wait, it'll get even better in a few days.

;-)

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No way walking gets 30 points per hour. Some dude biking outdoors at 275W is only getting 30 points per hour. I say speed walking is no more than 15-20 pts per hour...and if that sounds disrespectful towards walking its meant to be (sorry, but I want to encourage everyone to RUN so we're not walking at our next tri...)

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Careful Dev....while walking is definitely tri-specific...you're opening a potential can of worms "I walked for 40mins during Boxing Day Sales", or "I skated for 50mins coaching son/daughter at hockey" (except they're 5yrs old and never move from a 10 foot radius". Where's the hardcore Devy P "No arguing the points!!!" Oh yeah it's Christmas, must be into the vino/rum etc!!

Btw, you and Kona make it very difficult to post on this "camp" for other Ottawa area folk. I have been shamed into two extra workouts already so I don't post crazy low numbers!!!!!!!

Thanks to Euro-Sports for my H3Cs.

http://www.euro-sports.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Parkito, by the way, Francois is competing in the 35-39 pro overtraining category (but currently getting his ass handed to him by Cousin Elwood). Konaexpress is in the 45-49 group (thankfully he is out of my age group...phew...)

I am aware of several peoples' age group that have not posted. However, I have been following the policy that I will post someones' age group only if it has been specifically stated/requested. Some people may not feel the need to be all that competitive. I am following the same policy for goals as well. A few people have sort of indicated a goal, without actually claiming it, and I have not entered a value. While for a few others I have done a little interpolation and inputed a value bassed on their post.

In both cases, I will gladly add the information if requested.

One last suggestion, though, I would propose setting a cutoff date for setting a goal, say as of end of Day 4 (tomorrow evening). I think this would be more fair to those that set a goal early on and worked under that pressure, versus someone, who sets a goal late in the game, and probably knowing that they were going to meet it. This policy would not apply to new people joining, with the possible caveat, that maybe no goal setting after Day 5 for everyone. What do you think? After all, this is your baby! ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"He's out of internet reach with a bike, a pair of running shoes, and some food, somewhere in the desert in Arizona?"
- - Just a thought I had yesterday, reading some of the posts about winter and altitude training. I have no idea how to make it "fair," but FL, AZ and CA twitchers really get an easy road. My big day was 55°F and sunny. In fact, there is some rain predicted for tomorrow and early Wednesday, but beautiful weather otherwise. Shouldn't there be some kind of bonus for anyone training in weather that just about precludes outdoor cycling? Or perhaps a discounted schedule for those of us who have it soft... Oh, and what about anyone in the southern hemisphere where it's currently summer and the days are longer?
BTW - Give Tigerchik the points for walking. That's dedication. Perhaps she could use an elliptical trainer and get the same points as a stationary bike?
And I'm not tapering. I hope to put up some big points now that the holiday is out of the way. Tomorrow will be a swim, run, weights and spin class, maybe even two of them. A lot of the spin instructors are scrambling for holiday subs, and I'm lovin' the fact that you're valuing stationary saddle time higher than the real deal!! I may skip my hammer ride on Wednesday and spend it on the Spark bikes indoors (If you haven't seen Sparks, check out www.expressofitness.com. They're a really cool alternative to spin class. Sort of a cheap ripoff of a CT mated to a LifeCycle with cheezy graphics an alleged power meter and hills that claim to be +30% grade that you can climb in the biggest gear they've got (offset only by the fact that you can't top 35 mph on a 30% downhill!!)

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, in that context, your suggestion makes absolute sense. I was thinking based on my own abilities, specifically, 9min miles vs 8 min miles. ;-)

I could live with 15 pts per hour. As far as the poster above, I would also require specific, dedicated walking. Running to catch a flight in terminal C when you are in terminal A would also count in my book, but you have to time in accurately!

Quote Reply

Prev Next