Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PTO 2020 Championship at Challenge Daytona - Your Favorites [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Betting odds courtesy of Skybet

1. Ali Brownlee 9/4
2. Gustav Iden 11/4
3. Vincent Luis 4/1
4. Lionel Sanders 7/1
5. Javier Gomez 10/1
6. Henri Schoeman 12/1
Sam Long 12/1
7. Magnus Elbaek Ditlev 14/1
8. Jonny Brownlee 16/1
9. Ruddy Von Berg

I'll be defo throwing a few quid on Gomez and Jonny Brownlee at those odds (other odds on request just ask me)

Jesus got to get a fiver on JB.

Can't disagree with the overall odds. I'm gonna go:

1. AB
2. Iden
3: Sanders

I'll give the caveat that Lionel's place is dependent on water temp, winds and how Luis or JB perform. But if we have a wetsuit swim and some wind I think his TT ability will get him on the podium.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO 2020 Championship at Challenge Daytona - Your Favorites [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Luis pick is based on the assumption that he has trained for this distance at least a little and that there is decent volume in his training. Ive never felt the Olympic to 70.3 distance was really that great. Id never pick Luis for an Ironman (yet).

I like Phillip too on the womans side, Lawrence too maybe. I dont feel the run is long enough for Haug, but who knows.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO 2020 Championship at Challenge Daytona - Your Favorites [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done Laura Phillipp to win, EW on Paula Findlay, Jodie Stimpson and Nicola Spirig.

EW on Gomez and Jonny Brownlee.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO 2020 Championship at Challenge Daytona - Your Favorites [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:

1. Holly Lawrence 2/1
2. Anne Haug 7/2
3.Nicola Spirig 6/1
4. Amelia Watkinson 8/1
Jodie Simpson 8/1
Laura Phillips 8/1
5. Sarah Crowley 9/1
6. Heather Jackson 12/1
Katrina Matthews 12/1
Paula Findlay 12/1
(Others available just ask me)

Im fancing a bit of Spirig, Simpson and at 14/1 Lisa Nordon defo woth an EW bet.

For the women I like Holly Lawrence for this. I think the 20m draft will have a bigger impact on the women's race than the men's, due to the lower speeds and lower draft effect favouring the strong TT cyclists. That will bring Norden, Findlay and possibly Stimpson into play, although Stimpson's lack of TT work concerns me. It think Crowley and Jackson might have too much work to do after the swim. The big dark horse is Spirig as I've never seen her race 70.3 in a decent field. But if her form at shorter distance translates I think she can podium, maybe even win.

So gonna go:

1. HL
2. Spirig
3. Paula Findlay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So many good athletes to pick, but I give Sebi my thumbs up. With Iden also good. Underdog Morgan Pearson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
I've done Laura Phillipp to win, EW on Paula Findlay, Jodie Stimpson and Nicola Spirig.

Ha ha good man.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO 2020 Championship at Challenge Daytona - Your Favorites [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Here's my question. We all have our favorites in terms of winning based on anticipated performance, but who do we WANT to win? i.e Not so realistic winners, but athletes we love, support and want to see do well.

Mine are Beals, Sebi, Stimpson.

And Luis. Luis has both the form and the personality. I don't think the other 3 I listed have a shot to win though, but I love them.
Not exactly sure why as I've never talked to him and have no other connections, but I often find myself rooting for Chris Leiferman. Seems to be happy to ride under the radar and is an extremely consistent performer. If the long course guys end up having a shot at it, I won't be surprised, or disappointed, to see him up near the front.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: PTO 2020 Championship at Challenge Daytona - Your Favorites [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
Jackets wrote:

1. Holly Lawrence 2/1
2. Anne Haug 7/2
3.Nicola Spirig 6/1
4. Amelia Watkinson 8/1
Jodie Simpson 8/1
Laura Phillips 8/1
5. Sarah Crowley 9/1
6. Heather Jackson 12/1
Katrina Matthews 12/1
Paula Findlay 12/1

Im fancing a bit of Spirig, Simpson and at 14/1 Lisa Nordon defo woth an EW bet.

For the women I like Holly Lawrence for this. I think the 20m draft will have a bigger impact on the women's race than the men's, due to the lower speeds and lower draft effect favouring the strong TT cyclists. That will bring Norden, Findlay and possibly Stimpson into play, although Stimpson's lack of TT work concerns me. It think Crowley and Jackson might have too much work to do after the swim. The big dark horse is Spirig as I've never seen her race 70.3 in a decent field. But if her form at shorter distance translates I think she can podium, maybe even win.

So gonna go:

1. HL
2. Spirig
3. Paula Findlay

spirig has also won an ironman and iam pretty sure all the 70.3 she has done so far were on a road bike.
https://www.nicolaspirig.ch/...ironman-pescara.html i cant be arsed to check all of them but the first pic i saw was road bike, since they where done as prep for oly games. she has run a 2.38 marathon on a slow course i struggle how people wonder if her itu does transfer ...
she races so seldom outside euorpe so i guess she does not come here for a laugh.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO 2020 Championship at Challenge Daytona - Your Favorites [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
Adman wrote:
Jackets wrote:

1. Holly Lawrence 2/1
2. Anne Haug 7/2
3.Nicola Spirig 6/1
4. Amelia Watkinson 8/1
Jodie Simpson 8/1
Laura Phillips 8/1
5. Sarah Crowley 9/1
6. Heather Jackson 12/1
Katrina Matthews 12/1
Paula Findlay 12/1

So gonna go:

1. HL
2. Spirig
3. Paula Findlay

spirig has also won an ironman and iam pretty sure all the 70.3 she has done so far were on a road bike.
https://www.nicolaspirig.ch/...ironman-pescara.html i cant be arsed to check all of them but the first pic i saw was road bike, since they where done as prep for oly games. she has run a 2.38 marathon on a slow course i struggle how people wonder if her itu does transfer ...
she races so seldom outside euorpe so i guess she does not come here for a laugh.

Ah I did not realise she did the 70.3 races on her road bike. Shouldn't really be surprised as I've seen her race in person loads of times and is an absolute beast on the bike. Not sure her running form is absolutely optimum at the moment, but isn't far off judging from Valencia.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO 2020 Championship at Challenge Daytona - Your Favorites [jopink11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Men:
1. Alistair Brownlee
2. Gustav Iden
3. Vincent Louis

Top 3 North Americans
- Morgan Pearson
- Rudy Von Berg
- Ben Kanute

Women
1. Holly Lawrence
2. Anne Haug
3. Nicola Spirig

Top 3 North Americans
- Paula Findlay
- Skye Moench
- Heather Jackson

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: PTO 2020 Championship at Challenge Daytona - Your Favorites [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
So many good athletes to pick, but I give Sebi my thumbs up. With Iden also good. Underdog Morgan Pearson

Hipster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:

yeah, Paula feels like good value at 12 to 1.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: PTO 2020 Championship at Challenge Daytona - Your Favorites [jopink11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry if this has already been posted, but Challenge just emailed out a link where we can put our predictions and maybe win some prizes:

https://www.challenge-family.com/...daytona-predictions/

I went

Holly
Anne
Paula

Ali
Gustav
Lionel

Also will be racing tomorrow, man this place is humid. See ya at the practice swim this afternoon!

Darren
https://www.strava.com/athletes/12385497
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
Ah I did not realise she [Spirig] did the 70.3 races on her road bike. Shouldn't really be surprised as I've seen her race in person loads of times and is an absolute beast on the bike. Not sure her running form is absolutely optimum at the moment, but isn't far off judging from Valencia.
Spirig second in 2018 Swiss national TT champs 19km - has she raced anything further in a TT position?
Spirig ran 1:14:22 7 weeks ago so running 'on song'. This is similar to Haug's HM PB. Latter ran 33:06 11 weeks ago, which gives a 'predicted time' (for a straight HM running race) of 1:13:01 (3:29mpk pace).
Quote Reply
Re: PTO 2020 Championship at Challenge Daytona - Your Favorites [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
Adman wrote:

Ah I did not realise she [Spirig] did the 70.3 races on her road bike. Shouldn't really be surprised as I've seen her race in person loads of times and is an absolute beast on the bike. Not sure her running form is absolutely optimum at the moment, but isn't far off judging from Valencia.

Spirig second in 2018 Swiss national TT champs 19km - has she raced anything further in a TT position?
Spirig ran 1:14:22 7 weeks ago so running 'on song'. This is similar to Haug's HM PB. Latter ran 33:06 11 weeks ago, which gives a 'predicted time' (for a straight HM running race) of 1:13:01 (3:29mpk pace).

Hmm very interesting. I'm not sure what you can say about the Swiss TT champs as I have no idea of the standard. But suggests she will be closer to HL than I'm thinking. Maybe I should swap my 1 & 2 picks ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What time is this on UK time both race's please?

Also what are my options trying to watch this, read that it's on BT Sport? (Which I haven't got but could find a dodgy stream) Skybet has them showing this on YouTube? Also PTO website with a donation an option?
Quote Reply
Re: PTO 2020 Championship at Challenge Daytona - Your Favorites [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Here's my question. We all have our favorites in terms of winning based on anticipated performance, but who do we WANT to win? i.e Not so realistic winners, but athletes we love, support and want to see do well.

And Luis. Luis has both the form and the personality. I don't think the other 3 I listed have a shot to win though, but I love them.

Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Placing Prize Purse 1 100,000 2 70,000 3 50,000 4 35,000 5 30,000 6 25,000 7 23,000 8 20,000 9 18,000 10 17,000 11 15,000 12 13,000 13 11,000 14 10,000 15 9,000 16 8,000 17 7,000 18 6,000 19 5,000 20 4,000 21-60 2,500
I'm especially excited about the prize purse. For years I've been saying the prize money in Kona is pathetic. Everyone who races gets paid, and the upper payouts go all the way down to 20th place.

Bravo PTO!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: PTO 2020 Championship at Challenge Daytona - Your Favorites [vonagut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you @vonagut. If I send you a picture from the Seychelles, means the below picks were correct.

1. Anne Haug
2. Holly Lawrence
3. Sarah Crowley

1. Gustav Iden
2. Vincent Luis
3. Lionel Sanders

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: PTO 2020 Championship at Challenge Daytona - Your Favorites [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t see LS cracking the top 10. I’m not a fan of AB but I feel like he will dominate.

On the women’s side I would love to see Paula take it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:

I’d love to see Pearson and Mcelroy in the mix. Not confident as they don’t have much time on the TT bike, but it would be cool. I’d also like to see Kanute come into T2 with the leaders.

And, let’s be honest - seeing Sam Long and Lionel running side by side at 16k would be pretty fun!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: PTO 2020 Championship at Challenge Daytona - Your Favorites [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TNTRI wrote:
I don’t see LS cracking the top 10. I’m not a fan of AB but I feel like he will dominate.

On the women’s side I would love to see Paula take it.

Yikes. Gutsy call!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:

1. Holly Lawrence 2/1
2. Anne Haug 7/2
3.Nicola Spirig 6/1
4. Amelia Watkinson 8/1
Jodie Simpson 8/1
Laura Phillips 8/1
5. Sarah Crowley 9/1
6. Heather Jackson 12/1
Katrina Matthews 12/1
Paula Findlay 12/1

I'm fancying a bit of Spirig, Stimpson and at 14/1 Lisa Nordon defo worth an EW bet.

Movement in the odds:
Holly Lawrence 7/2 Anne Haug 4/1 Katrina Matthews 4/1 Laura Philipp 5/1 Nicola Spirig 6/1 Jodie Stimpson 9/1 Amelia Watkinson 10/1 Paula Findlay 12/1 Sarah Crowley 12/1
Quote Reply
Re: PTO 2020 Championship at Challenge Daytona - Your Favorites [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TNTRI wrote:
I don’t see LS cracking the top 10. I’m not a fan of AB but I feel like he will dominate

I’m with you on this. I like Sanders, he is a great athlete and DTD has him in what looks like really good shape right now. But the field is so stacked that it is easy to find 10 guys that can (and have) outperform him if they are in good racing shape as well.

The distance seems like the perfect fit for Alastair to do well. He hung on with Vincent until the very end of the race in Valencia. But he has more experience than Vincent in riding a TT bike and in longer courses. I think the big thing that will shake everything up is who is able to handle the humid run, especially in the last few miles

Matt
Last edited by: Chemist: Dec 4, 20 13:59
Quote Reply
Re: PTO 2020 Championship at Challenge Daytona - Your Favorites [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
TNTRI wrote:
I don’t see LS cracking the top 10. I’m not a fan of AB but I feel like he will dominate

I’m with you on this. I like Sanders, he is a great athlete and DTD has him in what looks like really good shape right now. But the field is so stacked that it is easy to find 10 guys that can (and have) outperform him if they are in good racing shape as well.

The distance seems like the perfect fit for Alastair to do well. He hung on with Vincent until the very end of the race in Valencia. But he has more experience than Vincent in riding a TT bike and in longer courses. I think the big thing that will shake everything up is who is able to handle the humid run, especially in the last few miles

The weather forecast for Sunday afternoon in Daytona Beach is really quite stellar for racing comfort with temperatures in the mid to high sixties and dew points in the mid fifties. Even the athletes from cooler climates should be very happy if the forecast holds. That said, there will certainly be a good number of folks "on the rivet" for nearly the whole race with a good number of significant "going too hard" meltdowns likely before all is said and done.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Last edited by: sciguy: Dec 4, 20 14:27
Quote Reply

Prev Next