Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PSA: Hoka Clifton & Huaka [rockfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rockfish wrote:
Any feedback on how these shoes drain? Love the Bondi's but after 10 miles in humid conditions i have a small pool in each of my shoes.

Best,
Greg

The Conquest drains much, much better but the down side is they don't ride as nice as the Bondi.

I drilled holes in the sole of my B2's last year and that helped a lot.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hoka Clifton & Huaka [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks GMan, hoping the Huaka's have improved drainage as well. Not sure if I am brave enough to drill holes in a new pair of $150 shoes. But may try it on a old pair. How big of a drill bit did you use? How many holes? Where in the sole did you dril them? Did you start drilling on the insole or from the sole?

Thanks,
Greg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My tri ship got the Cliftons in yesterday. grabbed a pair and will run in them at lunch. Initial reaction is very positive. Things are DAMN light!!

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hoka Clifton & Huaka [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got my Cliftons yesterday. My 10.5 Bondi3 weighs 12 1/4 oz each; the Clifton comes in at 8 1/2 oz each. That is a pretty huge difference.

Running in the Clifton this morning...definitely firmer than the Bondi. If the Bondi is like running on a bed of pine needles, the Clifton is like running on medium-packed dirt.

For now, I'll wear the Clifton on my shorter runs and see how it breaks in. Will stick with the Bondi on long runs since it's working so well for me.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hoka Clifton & Huaka [Ashburn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got back form my run in the Cliftons.....I think I am in love.

Only one run, but I couldn't be happier. Honestly, I never quite got there with the Conquests. I had great hopes for them, but always were a bit too firm for me....at least for what I wanted this shoe for. I know they were supposed to be the "responsive" show in the Hoka line-up, but they always felt a bit clunky to me.

The Cliftons felt light and snappy adn the softer sole was outstanding. It has been a while since I ran in my Bondi B's, but my feeling was they were similar in terms of comfort.

Very excited about running in these.....

As for sizing, I am back up to 9.5 after dropping down to a 9 in the Conquests.

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
got my huakas wow they are light LOVE them
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hoka Clifton & Huaka [meuf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I have a sizing question for any other people that went from the Conquest to the Clifton.

I wear a 10 in the conquest which is a 1/2 smaller than most shoes and the other Hoka shoes I tried on last winter.

Are they the same size as the Conquest for people that have both or back up 1/2 size.

Rob
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hoka Clifton & Huaka [robmitchell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my quick thought on sizing after running in both the Clifton and Huaka in size 9.5.

Clifton - Fits true to size in length and has a narrower toe box

Huaka - Fits big, will likely size down to 9, toe box in the 9.5 felt much better (wider), but the additional width may disappear when moving down to a 9.

So far I'm leaning to the Huaka.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
robmitchell wrote:
Hi,

I have a sizing question for any other people that went from the Conquest to the Clifton.

I wear a 10 in the conquest which is a 1/2 smaller than most shoes and the other Hoka shoes I tried on last winter.

Are they the same size as the Conquest for people that have both or back up 1/2 size.

Rob

I'm a 12 in almost everything... got an 11.5 in the Conquest and it was too tight in the toebox, so I exchanged for the 12. The 12 is fine in the toebox and now a bit big where it "wraps" my foot. All other areas are fine.

Got a 12 in the Clifton and it's damn near perfect. The toebox could be a touch wider just to make the shoe better but it's no tighter or looser than my 12 Conquest in that area. The "wrap" on the Clifton is MUCH MUCH better than the Conquest.

Also, if you're like me, be prepared to hate your Conquests and start to think about buying the Bondi 3. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a pair tonight. After my first run in the Clifton, I haven't wanted to wear the Conquests since but I have wanted to wear more stable shoes.
Last edited by: BrentwoodTriGuy: Jul 25, 14 11:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had an 11.5 in the Conquest for some reason and it was too big.

I have an 11 in the Clifton and the fit is spot on, I wear size 11 in everything else so that makes sense, it is true to size.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hoka Clifton & Huaka [boostedcvc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huaka - is it fitting long or is there too much volume?

If it is a volume issue don't size down, add a volume reducer under the insole.

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hoka Clifton & Huaka [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the volume is great, my opinion is that it fits long. I'll wait to try on and run in a 9 before I make any decisions.

Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hoka Clifton & Huaka [tgarson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i am generally an 11.5 in everything, but for the stinson trail i had to go to a 12 because my toes were up against the end, mow my feet are swimming a little but I can live with it.

Sounds like I should just go with my usual for the Clifton.

What is the Huaka for?
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hoka Clifton & Huaka [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I will be racing in Huakas - all distances. CIM is my next marathon.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hoka Clifton & Huaka [meuf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is it different from Clifton?
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hoka Clifton & Huaka [boostedcvc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boostedcvc wrote:
Here is my quick thought on sizing after running in both the Clifton and Huaka in size 9.5.

Clifton - Fits true to size in length and has a narrower toe box

Huaka - Fits big, will likely size down to 9, toe box in the 9.5 felt much better (wider), but the additional width may disappear when moving down to a 9.

So far I'm leaning to the Huaka.

I was a 9.5 in the original Bondi B. In the Bondi B 2, I needed a 10.

In the Conquest, a 9.5 was huge and had to size down to a 9.

For the Clifton, I am back to a 9.5. A 9 was way too small.

I have a narrow foot and the Cliftons fit them well.

Hope that helps.

Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hoka Clifton & Huaka [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jroden wrote:
How is it different from Clifton?
In Reply To:

2mm drop in the Huaka, 5 mm drop for the Clifton.
RMAT foam in the Huaka, EVA foam for the Clifton.
Huaka has a bit more aggressive tread, so probably better for running on groomed trails.
Huaka is slightly heavier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you've worn the Bondi and the Clifton. Are the Cliftons noticeably narrower in the toe box than the Bondis?

Also, throwing this out there for anyone that's worn the Huakas...are they the same width in the toe box as the Bondis?

How does the cushioning in the Cliftons and Huakas compare to Bondis? Anyone?

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hoka Clifton & Huaka [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cliftons are noticeably narrower than the Bondi. Similar to the Conquest in that regard.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:
So you've worn the Bondi and the Clifton. Are the Cliftons noticeably narrower in the toe box than the Bondis?

Also, throwing this out there for anyone that's worn the Huakas...are they the same width in the toe box as the Bondis?

How does the cushioning in the Cliftons and Huakas compare to Bondis? Anyone?

It has been awhile since I have worn the Bondi (and mine were the original Bondi B), but it does seem that the Cliftons are narrower.

But the guy who owns the local tri store has a wide foot and he ran in the Cliftons today and had no issues.

Cushioning is similar to the Bondis, IMO. Very soft but runs great. Just did 9 miles at a much faster pace than planned and my legs feel fine.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm wearing the Cliftons at Ironman Canada tomorrow. I will let you all know how they feel from miles 114.4 to 140.6.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback. Narrower not good for me. I found the Conquest too narrow for me.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
I'm wearing the Cliftons at Ironman Canada tomorrow. I will let you all know how they feel from miles 114.4 to 140.6.

Please do....I know someone earlier said it may not be a great IM shoe, but it seems like it would be perfect based on my runs so far.

Good luck tomorrow!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Racing IM Boulder in 8 days in the Cliftons and Im pretty stoked about it. I'll let this thread know the outcome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. Narrower not good for me. I found the Conquest too narrow for me.
I'd recommend trying the Altra Instinct 2.0. Very wide, very comfortable, similar cushion to Conquest. The Instinct 2.5 next year will have slightly less stack than this years model.

/Howie Nordström
Quote Reply

Prev Next