Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [ace7196] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

La Gazza Ladra (The Thieving Magpie). All that's missing is some custom decals I'm having made--her name in script for the forks, and little magpies for the top tube and my helmet.

Apologies in advance for the Bento Box, but I use it as well as the pockets in my jersey.

Closeup of the Elite cages I just got. They are freakin' awesome--not only looks, but the way they function.

And here is Bitch or Bitchie (I call her both). She is getting blue Nokon cabling in a few weeks.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ttracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ric

cant wait to see this built up. be sure to post some pics!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [fefe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fefe, awesome bikes. That road bike is screaming for campy though!

Dan
http://www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, I know, shoulda gone all Campy, but it might not have worked out that way anyway. She has a franken-gruppo: front derailleur IS actually Campy, rear derailleur and brakes are Shimano Ultegra, and the rings are FSA and Shimano with Ergomo cranks. Damn tiny frame!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by KEAU [ In reply to ]
Re: Let's see your ride! [KEAU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Pedal Force road build is the new RS2 frame in a medium. Weight on the frame is 965g and not 960g as published but close enough for me. I had the bike out on Sunday for an hour and a half working out the first ride bugs. I needed to adjust the derailleurs a bit which I did while riding but overall the build is great. The bike is stable on descents, climbs by itself and it you can get it up to speed in no time. The frame is stiff where it needs to be and I forgot how nice carbon is to ride after 8 years on aluminum.

The only thing that was a bit hard (on my ass) to get used to was the carbon saddle. I had the nose tilted up a bit too much so when I got home, I made a quick adjustment and life is a little better. It sure helps to have very good shorts. I think 2-2.5 hours on the carbon saddle will be about the max but I have other bikes to go longer on.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My updated arsenal for 2008...

My 07 P2C updated for 2008, with Easton Attack TT bars, Sram TT shifters & brake levers & Force Rear Der, Nokon cables, Sram Red 53/39 crankset. Old stuff includes DA brakes & cassette, Zipp 606 tubulars, SLR t1 saddle, Time RXS titan carbon pedals. A hair over 16 lbs as shown, raced it on Sunday and it felt amazing, the Easton bars with the CeeGee pad upgrade was comfy & it felt sooooo fast.

The SLC-SL, ditched the Ksyrium ES in favor of the lighter & remarkably stiffer Hed Ardennes wheelset, it now comes in a hair under 15 lbs as shown in everyday-ride mode.

And my winter/trainer/commute bike, an '06 Cannondale Six13 Dura Ace frame with a parts-bin build spec. This is before they revamped the Six13 frames so its got the carbon in the seat tube as well, whereas Six13s these days only have carbon in the the top & down tubes. Its a very very smooth-riding bike. Adding an S-works carbon post shortly to smooth it out even more for commuting.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Cervelo Contribution "Molly" -

My Cross/Commuter -

My MTB "Jane" -

And the Wife's Pinnarello "Giovanni"

Excuse me for jumping right into your forum...
Last edited by: mellowdave: May 5, 08 13:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/img]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Cannondale CAAD 9 with new FSA crankset, Neuvations and Ultegra
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Friskee_Dingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suppose I'll post the new mistress here as well

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a photo of the SLC-SL with the Ardennes wheels?

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's them on the bike in the photo... they're just reflective. They look much better on the bike then the Ksyrium ES as they're all black & white & keep with the color scheme.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [redtdi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just picked it up. It is going to the shop next week to be painted to match my Cervelo.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Last edited by: Hid: May 9, 08 12:17
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And my winter/trainer/commute bike, an '06 Cannondale Six13 Dura Ace frame with a parts-bin build spec.

Wow. Nice beater. That's a better bike than many people's race rig! :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [bigadam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am always impressed with how clean the bikes are on ST. The bikes at Casa Fleck are never that clean. Hard to keep up. MissP rides in anything, rain, snow, sleet, wind ( She's a tough one) and the roads around here are aweful - mud, sand, dirt, cracked and potholed pavement even the odd gravel/dirt road etc . . . Try as I might the only time that bikes are that clean is when they come out of the box from the manufacturer!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am always impressed with how clean the bikes are on ST.

That's because people spend too much time cleaning their bikes and posting pics here, than out riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/img]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

My uncle was doing Ironman and Ultra's in the 80's. I was very young, but I can remember my family going up to their house in Wisconsin for the weekend, and he would show up there late at night on a bike. I learned later that he was riding from his apartment in Chicago to the Wisconsin house for training, which was hard for me to conceive at the time. He passed away after a brief battle with cancer soon after giving me this bike. I'm determined to do at least one IM in his memory on it.
She's one of the more cush bikes I've ever ridden. Drivetrain and cockpit are original as far as I know, and she's about to get new bar tape. The wear marks are where I've taken off some corrosion and put on clear coat. I dig the splatter purple/gray and matching pump. Classic. When I race her I'm going to have to wear Speedo's and Oakley's for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [IMHungry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You rule. We need more people like you in this world.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a first pic of my new Planet X Pro Ti Road team bike taken during a 30 second break in the rain here. Will do a better spread over the weekend.

Stiff, light and fast, with laser etched graphics instead of decals..

Ric
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [mellowdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No bar tape I can understand, but how do you get anywhere with NO CHAIN?!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [HUB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your Lucero brings back memories. I did my first IM on a Lucero. My wife named her "Lucky Lucy." A very underrated bike. I got bike lust and ditched her for a P2C. No regrets but I sure did like Lucy.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not bad but i prefer a CCX smaller and faster and more aero!

"Fear is what drives you in the last part of a marathon in an Ironman. The body is depleted and the mind is fuzzy. Short course racing is driven by power and finese at the end of a race, Ironman demands so much more and is driven by will and mental strength." Chris McCormack

10/28/08 Dev Paul had 400w FTP!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next