Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [turn n' burn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't say the contrary did I...just that everything in sport is dirty...a lot more dirty than anyone expects, clearly...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Joke all you want but telling the world that you were MOLESTED AT AGE 6 is a one the bravest acts ever....
Agreed. All else aside, telling a blackmailer to piss off and then come forward anyways takes some balls.
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, great quotes.

he's got the guts to stand behind what he believes. i salute that.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure sounded like it...
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
never mind the arbitrators.. Floyd is the only one Lemond told his secret to. Floyd told Will. That in my mind was a despicable breach of confidence, and I no longer care what happens to Floyd, in fact I'm rooting for his defeat, shame and disgrace. I wanted to believe Floyd, but if he's capable of this, he's probably capable of doping too.

Would you tell your deepest darkest secret to someone who isn't even your friend and expect it to ge held in strict confidence? Real friends let secrets about those they love slip out.

So this guy who nobody likes calls me up on the phone, is clearly my adversary, tells me something in confidence that I have no interest in even knowing, and then plans to testify against me. And testify using what as ammunition... something I told him in confidence.

Doesn't anyone else see the hypocrisy here?... I'm going to breach your confidence publicly in a way that can destroy you. How dare you breach mine???

Coach at KonaCoach Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Terra-Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To get back to the topic here, it seems to me that Lemond used the "secret" in order to gain Landis trust. Sharing a deep secret with someone is a way to bond with that person, even if that person is not your friend. It's a tactic that a lot of con artists and psychopaths use to gain trust from their victims.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So this guy who nobody likes calls me up on the phone, is clearly my adversary, tells me something in confidence that I have no interest in even knowing, and then plans to testify against me. And testify using what as ammunition... something I told him in confidence.

Doesn't anyone else see the hypocrisy here?... I'm going to breach your confidence publicly in a way that can destroy you. How dare you breach mine???
Actually, Floyd called Greg, not the other way around.
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I wonder if any of you find it a bit odd that Lemond would tell someone he acknowledged not personally knowing that he had been sexually abused?

Not really. It's part of healing for Lemond and he was trying to prove a point of how secrets can eat you up inside.
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

So Floyd calls Lemond, someone who he has never spoken to, to confront him about his public accusations and Lemond decides that this is the guy he is going to tell this alleged horrible, haunting secret to?!?!?!

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [steve lubanski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, gaining ten pounds of upper body muscle doing an arobic activity is not.

I gained 7 lbs and lost 1/2" on my waist when I switched from running to IM training. My theighs, back, and shoulders got noticably larger.

My 2 cents.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [JohnInRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People tell strangers a lot more then their own family sometimes...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I mean, I think they didn't want me coming here today. I don't know why. If you didn't do anything wrong, what would you object for me to be here?

While I have not followed the Lemond Against the Cycling World vs Lemond the Attention Whore vs Lemond the Anti-Drug King debates (forgive me, I don't read the cycling e-zine sites), I have been puzzled by the above quote ever since I read it last night.

Lemond was testifying for the single purpose of relating the phone conversation he had with Landis in August of last year (I believe) shortly after the Tour. If true, it is very damning testimony. How can he not be aware of why the defense wouldn't want him there? To make that comment is either just plain stupid, or ridiculously rhetorical.

It is further disturbing the way he phrases "If you didn't do anything wrong, what would you object for me to be here?" It almost seems to be a challenge to his own veracity. Very, very strange.

Then, the very foundation for this telephone conversation seems to have been completely glossed over. According to others posting on this thread, Lemond and Landis weren't even aquaintences before last summer. Is that really true? If so, how could Landis possibly open up to Lemond who has either been on a crusade or harboring a vendatta against Armstrong for alledged drug use, who clearly is a close associate of Landis? I think that either Landis had some prior relationship with Lemond or else this whole episode makes no sense.

Of course, on the defense side, Landis's manager making the cell phone call smacks of eighth grade stupidity. Even if he acted entirely on his own, which I have to assume is the case, it cost Landis a ton of credibility. Lemonds' testimony was a he said - she said matter at best, and the defense clearly raised credibility issues just on Lemonds' past actions. Now, the manager has given Lemond credibility, and the abuse story has made Lemond instantly admirable. It also seems to have given Lemond a lot of new ammunition.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

So Floyd calls Lemond, someone who he has never spoken to, to confront him about his public accusations and Lemond decides that this is the guy he is going to tell this alleged horrible, haunting secret to?!?!?!

I think this is the $64,000 question. Either Lemond is a con artist, evil person out for personal gain _or_ he genuinely was trying to help Floyd out. I am not really a big Lemon fan, but I think he, like a lot of people held Floyd up on a pedestal as the new face of the tour: Clean cut and hard work pays off. I think if Greg heard Lance failed a test, he would rejoice, but Floyd failing was just bad for everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"People tell strangers a lot more then their own family sometimes"

Yeah, just look at this forum.

My 2 cents, they are all dopers. Where there is smoke, there's fire.... Did anyone read the article about Victor Conte the other day? Someone linked to it here. You have to be frickin' naive to believe that you can get to the very top of most professional sports today without the help of these substances.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

----------
"...it should be swim, bike, run, cage fight." - el fuser
"I noticed that I am in your sig line! Wow! That's s first for me. Thanks." - Fleck
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I think this is the $64,000 question. Either Lemond is a con artist, evil person out for personal gain _or_ he genuinely was trying to help Floyd out. I am not really a big Lemon fan, but I think he, like a lot of people held Floyd up on a pedestal as the new face of the tour: Clean cut and hard work pays off. I think if Greg heard Lance failed a test, he would rejoice, but Floyd failing was just bad for everyone.

One thing you have to remember is that Lemond held up Landis as being clean at one point, then Landis got busted and a lot of people commented about the egg on Lemonds face so he has a lot to gain by going after Landis. I am actually a big fan of Lemond, the cyclist, as he was one of my inspirations to start racing back in the 80's, but I think as a retired cyclists he has been very self-serving, concerned mainly with his reputation as the best American ever. He has made a lot of comments without proof. His main comments about doping have been about the two other Tour winning Americans and about how doping was one of the big reasons he had to retire. He really doesn't rail on other riders who have been busted or talk about the doping that surely went on when he was riding. Whether it is or not it all sounds very self-serving and petty.

edit: I don;t know if Lemond was molested or not and don't make claims one way or another about his admission, I simply find it odd that he tells Landis of all people during that call.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Last edited by: House: May 18, 07 9:25
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
time for you to STFU- lemond was called as a witness, what the hell is he suppossed to do- he's just telling it like it is- nothing wrong with that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you want me to merge this thread with the dirty secret thread?
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this what Cycling is about nowadays?

Wierd shit....
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [deeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're forgetting that there's no way in hell Lemond would have been called as a witness if he hadn't spent half his time since the end of the 2006 tour sounding off in the media and maanging to get Lndis riled enough to call him leading to all this nonsense. He's certainly not a disinterested party or even an expert witness in these proceedings.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greg Lemond is the only American to win the Tour de France.........................at least in his own mind.
This is just another black eye on American cycling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Doesn't anyone else see the hypocrisy here?... I'm going to breach your confidence publicly in a way that can destroy you. How dare you breach mine???"

sorry, I don't see the hypocrisy. If Floyd doped, that was his choice, taken as an adult, and he damned well needs to take the consequences. Being sexually abused as a child is not a choice, OK ? The secrets are a bit different.
Paulo's observation that the telling of secrets to induce a confidence in return, is a con-artist trick: may be closer, but I don't know Lemond. Maybe he really does care about cycling ?
Either way this isn't about Lemond, it's about Floyd. Betraying a confidence of that nature is not the act of a good or honest man. Will was his friend and his business manager, and Will's actions are beyond despicable. Who your friends are says something about you too..

Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Either way this isn't about Lemond, it's about Floyd. Betraying a confidence of that nature is not the act of a good or honest man. Will was his friend and his business manager, and Will's actions are beyond despicable. Who your friends are says something about you too..

Yah! What kind of jerk has friends like Will who care about what happens to them and wants to protect them from self-inflated wackos with very questionable credibility (ie Lemond)?

I say questionable credibility because I find it VERY hard to belive that a person who is quite well known to prattle on and make phony accusations continuously (as he did with Lance) would recieve a phone call from anyone and get any sort of confession about doping.

BTW, I am not saying what Will did was right, just probably what he thought was right at the time.

----------
"...it should be swim, bike, run, cage fight." - el fuser
"I noticed that I am in your sig line! Wow! That's s first for me. Thanks." - Fleck
Last edited by: tildenm: May 18, 07 10:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how do we make the asshole (lemond) go away?

-------------------------------------------------
Latest Duct tape QR Superfull fashion model
Quote Reply

Prev Next