Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I'm not above begging: [t-t-n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, deep cleansing breath, this is "fun" thread and my answers are in fun. The bike has probably the most high tech bike geek wheels with a saddle that is most commonly associated with friction shifting, triple crank retrogrouches. Just making fun of the contrast, like I said before all of the parts are topnotch. Besides my vote for hottest bike goes to Badmanns Cheetah, especially with the aero or die bars. ;-).

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Second attempt : No hijacking! HOTTEST BIKE [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it looks like a reasonable modern campy with some aftermarket upgrades. The vintage of the bike is pretty current.

===============================================================================

A pretty current frame, eh? I assumed from the quote that it was Record kit and given that Record ergos have been carbon for some time now that it must be an older frame. I was also caught out by the slimness of the aluminium crank arms and spider, not very modern looking. In that case it looks a bit of a mutt with the carbon frok and chunky stem. Nice bike but not too original in build selection to my eye. That's not to say it isn't quality.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: I'm not above begging: [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i know man. just having fun. all good.
Quote Reply
Re: Second attempt : No hijacking! HOTTEST BIKE [R1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't your seat too nose down? Seems like you'd be slipping forward the whole time.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Whoa there Mr. Read-into-things. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only said I wanted to see it; I mentioned nothing about saying it rates consideration in this esteemed and prestigious contest. For that matter, I'll go so far as to say the finest Fatti Con La Mani in TIGed steel (Marcelo, Duende...DAMN fine bikes) still doesn't compare to any of the various Luiginos that have been brazed by the hands of the Man. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

For that matter, as fatanical as I am for Dario's creations, I'll still go so far as to suggest that any of his TIGed masterpieces still ain't no Sachs, Eisentraut, Spectrum, Kirk, Vanilla, Weigel, Holland, Mandaric, etc. Luigino yes, the rest, however, no. And no, those bikes by merit of their materials and joining processes are no less race worthy, even if the average ST neophyte only cares about molded plastic, more aero than their BOP/MOP speeds can utilize and, of course, ANYTHING Cervelo. Carbon has it's place, but in the hands of somebody like Calfee, Parlee, Crumpton and yes, I suppose even the un-fricken-believably priced Meivici.

But, that said, I still think the new Duende in the white with octopus sucker scars is the niftiest bike this year, and one that I very much want to own. Dario is cool. Martek isn't.

Nonetheless, I care not for the latest "whatever" from a mold overseas, not because I don't think they're swell bikes in their own rights, but rather because they lack artisanship and soul. And, apropos to this board/forum, razor thin frames don't mean squat to 90% of the people who post here, only they haven't realized that yet. For that matter, most of them will cause their DG tract to go necrotic if they continue trying to emulate Bjorn's position.

Done, rant over. I'm going to go ride my lugged Waterford now. (Oh, and I know Jerk would hate my stem.)
Quote Reply
Re: Whoa there Mr. Read-into-things. [Scott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
question the build all you want. it's a brooks swallow, it's sort of on there as post modernist joke, but in the same way the emma is the most advanced steel frame in the world, so the swallow is a modern take on an old classic. the aluminum stuff just looks better on this frame, more powerful, less plasticky....the rder is a tiso- the jerk liked the way all the coppers and bronzes and kevlar(on the wheels) looked...sort of organic, thouroughly modern, yet handbuilt and balanced....

did the jerk mention how perfect this thing rides? the ultimate kermesse/crit bike.

jerk

http://www.echelonbicycles.com
Quote Reply
Re: I'm not above begging: [t-t-n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey! I`m been trying to promote some HOT bikes but no one seems to care.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm not above begging: [aerojunkie2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, those ADA wheels are nice, put those on one of the kestrels posted or the kuota.... WOW
Quote Reply
Re: Whoa there Mr. Read-into-things. [Scott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kudos to you for the most pompous, assinine post I've read in a while.
Quote Reply
Re: Second attempt : No hijacking! HOTTEST BIKE [aerojunkie2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not the best picture. I'll take another on a sunnier day....maybe with the race wheels too.

-jens

Quote Reply
Re: Second attempt : No hijacking! HOTTEST BIKE [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
with race wheels+ on a better day= winner
very hott bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How long is that stem?

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that a radially laced rear wheel?
Quote Reply
Re: Second attempt : No hijacking! HOTTEST BIKE [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
130, which is not quite long enough for my superman position; so I may have to go 140.

For a normal position, I'd probably use a 110. I'm surprised that I can barely achieve the desired drop on this bike, given that's slightly smaller than the P3SL.

-jens
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got a pic of you on the bike? I would like to see the position.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Second attempt : No hijacking! HOTTEST BIKE [caleb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Is that a radially laced rear wheel?

That's a Supergo-Weyless cheapie 2-cross bladed spoke wheel. I think it's called a corsa(?). $129 for front and rear!

It's my experimental flywheel -- it's actually stuffed with 7 lbs of lead shot. Seriously.

--jens
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahhhh- the fork does exist!

p.s. It's not every day that you see a short-headtubed Cervelo with a -17 degree stem and low-profile arm rests!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So when do we get to see SRM data where you ride the rear wheel at say 200 watts on a closed loop course with and without the extra weight so we can see speed/HR data?

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Second attempt : No hijacking! HOTTEST BIKE [aerojunkie2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope the contest isn't over...

--------
"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word" - John Steinbeck
Quote Reply
Jerk, I've been in deep lust [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
with it since you first posted it on the other site. The saddle, much like Lebowski's rug, completes the look. Well done indeed.

S
Quote Reply
Man MUST aspire to nonsensicality. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
;-)~
Quote Reply
Re: Second attempt : No hijacking! HOTTEST BIKE [bigred3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could flip the stem and remove some spacers--- Besides aesthetics that could also stiffen up your front end a bit.

-Marc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"It's my experimental flywheel -- it's actually stuffed with 7 lbs of lead shot. Seriously."

I'm assuming this isn't a joke. Where did you put the shot? Between the rimstrip and the tube?
Quote Reply
Re: Second attempt : No hijacking! HOTTEST BIKE [caleb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gosh, is it me, or do you have a freakin fortune in that bike. I mean with the SRM's the Hed aerobars, the blackwell fork, the brakes. Jeez. Your brakes almost cost as much as my bike. not really but close.

berndog
How did we all get sucked into this crazy sport anyway?!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next