Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
Shambolic wrote:
I must admit I only selected the few athletes I was interested in hopefully with some personality.

Jesus, Daniela Ryf's interview, like watching paint dry!
Haha I was thinking that but didn't want to put up athletes names to add to how bad some were.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what's wrong with the logo? It looks nothing like the Tesla one (other than it being a stylized T)

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
glad I am not the only person thinking that Ryf is so awkward almost showing a fake facard. Scarily un-natural for someone who has won the thing a few times.. come on relax
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's interesting that one of the shortest interviews was the two-time defending champ, Patrick "the sniveler" Lange. Lange's BwB interview was only 13 minutes and Cam Wurf's was 24 minutes!
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [cantswim24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryf has a masculine build to go with zero personality. She is a dominant athlete, but that's about it. I can't bear to watch her interviews. It's unwatchable and almost robotic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
also interesing no interview with Brownlee. But Bob did interview him in Nice a month ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
it's interesting that one of the shortest interviews was the two-time defending champ, Patrick "the sniveler" Lange. Lange's BwB interview was only 13 minutes and Cam Wurf's was 24 minutes!

Even Bob doesn’t respect him.
/pink, maybe? 😜

The Cam Wurf one was awesome.
He’s a helluva personality, which this sport desperately needs more of.
I’m all for a solid smacktalk game. 😎

Jan’s was good too.
He’s an impressive dude.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
also interesing no interview with Brownlee.

Ali's interview will be out in a few hours!
Last edited by: WhittleFit: Oct 10, 19 9:29
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [WhittleFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Historically I've always looked forward to Bob's interviews, it's part of the Kona show, but this years have been disappointing (apart from one or two, like the ones with Jan, Sebi and Cam; you know, the ones with a personality). He now asks the same questions, and if you're 'into' the sport it's the same stuff you've heard before.

There are times when I think he's a bit lost, takes ages to ask the question, maybe it's an age thing. Sorry Bob, I love you, but maybe you need a sidekick or some support with the research.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed as great at work in the background, especially us work at home folks, and for those that don't like particular interviews maybe you didn't realize you are required to watch the whole thing! Guess I am surprised at how critical are about the athletes on air personalities as well. Do you think all of us would be great interviews or would be a cross section of personalities. One of the great parts of professional triathlon is that personality, politicking, etc doesnt change the results but that means they arent measured on how they fare on social media or during interviews.

Banger
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [vanchize] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vanchize wrote:

Why'd you use the Tesla logo though? Lol don't worry you'll get a sale or two. One step closer to leaving moms basement ;)

What a fu$king douchbag asshole you are, say something like that in person and see how you go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope Poncho man gets paid a lot.....
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [banger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember the two years that Jacobs and FVL won, Bob did the interviews with the pro athletes with sidekicks Roch and Huddle. Those were quite good. Why but being those guys back.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
vanchize wrote:

Why'd you use the Tesla logo though? Lol don't worry you'll get a sale or two. One step closer to leaving moms basement ;)

What a fu$king douchbag asshole you are, say something like that in person and see how you go.

+1. Not cool to say something like this to a person who's creating entertaining contents for triathlon community.
What made you make a comment like this? Did he do something bad to you????
Your personality is just like that?? Talking shit to some random people?
There's ALWAYS one rotten apple.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't forget we absolutely MUST have the Mark and Dave show too. Yes, let's never forget a race that happened 30 years ago...how many times must we rehash that? What other sport keeps bringing up decades old performances from long-retired athletes, multiple times throughout the year, every. single. year.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And Talbot's logo is only generally reminiscent of Tesla's, in that they are both sharp, aggressive Ts in red. If Talbot used another colour, no one would say anything. Although I would agree, get a new one. This 80s megacorp look is odd for a sports photographer/documentarian.

Last edited by: Staer: Oct 10, 19 12:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
I like watching Breakfast with Bob and yeah, interviewing is tough and I don't expect much, but...

Same questions.
Same anecdotes.
Almost identical interviews of the same people to previous years, or even last month at the 70.3 champs.
If this is your first time watching, it might be interesting, but for me, pretty dull.

Isn't this the whole theme of Ironman/Triathlon in general. I mean, Dave/Mark getting to re-live the glory days over and over, and over. Look at Mike Reilly and the Ironman banquet. Everything is very targeted to the first-timetr one-and-done, and not the core repeat customer. Not necessarily anything wrong with this, it is what it is.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
dunno wrote:
vanchize wrote:

+1. Not cool to say something like this to a person who's creating entertaining contents for triathlon community.
What made you make a comment like this? Did he do something bad to you????
Your personality is just like that?? Talking shit to some random people?
There's ALWAYS one rotten apple.
Why can't he bust Talbot's balls? I did on one of his videos in the comments (the exact same Tesla comment...but I was first, lol), but I didn't mean it shittily, but I don't think the poster did either. Maybe he did...and maybe even if he didn't, it was a bit over the top. But geezus fellas, lighten up.

Also to the other guy that said "say something like that in person and see how you go."...i'd say it in a blink of an eye, right to their face. The worst case scenario in this case is Talbot would leave pissed off AND beat up. lol (<--se it's okay to joke)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
agree, I know.... hey lets talk about Dave vs Mark again! Oh wait we do that every year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Staer wrote:
And Talbot's logo is only generally reminiscent of Tesla's, in that they are both sharp, aggressive Ts in red. If Talbot used another colour, no one would say anything. Although I would agree, get a new one. This 80s megacorp look is odd for a sports photographer/documentarian.

Maybe Talbot is a Van Halen fanboy?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can you imagine being Dave Scott.

hey Dave we would like to talk to you about Iron war again. Remember that great defeat you had. That ended your world championship run. Lead you into 20 years of talking about getting beating over and over again. So you can relive it again even though you are one of the most competitive people in the world.

Dave: I did won a lot of other races too. Will we talk about those.

Bob: At first I will mention you were on the top of the hills for years and then this was the biggest defeat of your career. And the way the Mark did it was just shadow your shoulder for 8+ hours and then sprint ahead with 3 km to go after he went first through the aid station and took everything and dropped everything so your would get anything.

Dave: Can I take about all the products and coaching I do now and how I have...

Bob: no no no we just want to hear about how you got beat sorry.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Staer wrote:
Don't forget we absolutely MUST have the Mark and Dave show too. Yes, let's never forget a race that happened 30 years ago...how many times must we rehash that?

I think there will only be two more major rehashings: IM's 50th anniversary in 2028 and the 40th anniversary of the Mark and Dave duel a year later, when Dave will be 75 and Mark will be 71.

Maybe on Saturday we'll have a race that will equal or surpass '89 in terms of legendary status?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now do one on the commentating.

The combo of Welch/Lovato/Lieto/Griesbauer...I just can't...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If people dislike BWB, Talbot or any of the other content out there, don’t consume it. It may be repetitive, but that’s just the nature of the sport—people only race a few times a year.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you suggesting...... 3 way ironwar? "its like we were all shot out of a canon"

cant really complain about all the free content out there now - it all adds something and Bob is the pioneer for this type of platform for the pros to have some friendly exposure
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Oct 10, 19 13:29
Quote Reply

Prev Next