Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in
Quote | Reply
I like watching Breakfast with Bob and yeah, interviewing is tough and I don't expect much, but...

Same questions.
Same anecdotes.
Almost identical interviews of the same people to previous years, or even last month at the 70.3 champs.
If this is your first time watching, it might be interesting, but for me, pretty dull.
Last edited by: NordicSkier: Oct 9, 19 22:18
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's why the trash talk from Cam Wurf and Josh Amberger is fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I must admit I only selected the few athletes I was interested in hopefully with some personality.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True to some extent but I am selective about which athletes I watch. I really enjoyed Sarah True, Cam's and Rinny's interview. I watched Jan and Sebi and they were decent too. Of course I didn't watch Lange (sorry I couldn't resist).

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
I must admit I only selected the few athletes I was interested in hopefully with some personality.

Jesus, Daniela Ryf's interview, like watching paint dry!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
The only one I watched was Heather Jackson. She has such a wonderful demeanor and upbeat personality. It was tough knowing what a poor interviewer that Babbitt is, but she made the best of it. He should have at least known that she won the inaugural IM Spain this summer.

Though you also have to give it to him I guess, he keeps extending his 15 minutes of fame each and every October.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
I like watching Breakfast with Bob and yeah, interviewing is tough and I don't expect much, but...

Same questions.
Same anecdotes.
Almost identical interviews of the same people to previous years, or even last month at the 70.3 champs.
If this is your first time watching, it might be interesting, but for me, pretty dull.

Been that way since it started.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frodo, Wurf and McNamee have all been entertaining.

Skipper was OK too but he always seem very awkward talking in public.
Last edited by: p9ul: Oct 10, 19 2:37
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least he's supporting the challenged athletes foundation and not selling t-shirts.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [vanchize] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well of course. If I had $5,000 a pop for sponsor on the screen at the bottom. I would totally support a charity as well. I just like to get creative. Bob is a legend and one of the only reasons I do what I do today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vanchize wrote:
At least he's supporting the challenged athletes foundation and not selling t-shirts.

what do you wear to work?

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Well of course. If I had $5,000 a pop for sponsor on the screen at the bottom. I would totally support a charity as well. I just like to get creative. Bob is a legend and one of the only reasons I do what I do today.

Why'd you use the Tesla logo though? Lol don't worry you'll get a sale or two. One step closer to leaving moms basement ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [p9ul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Joe's face when Ponchoman was playing behind him! (most of them look bemused or uncomfortable though tbh)

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep up the good work, your vids are great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BWB during Kona week has become a tradition and a great platform for the top athletes (and sponsors) to get visibility, and an opportunity for the fans of the sport to get to know the athletes better which helps create interest, build story-lines and demand. About 250,000 views and counting from Monday to Wednesday on You Tube alone shows there's an appetite for it. Sure there's some repetition in the interviews but personally I think Bob does a great job of asking the right questions to provide a good summary of the athletes background and some of the key things to know leading into the big race. Ironman Now live coverage, and growing content from Talbot, Taren, GTN etc., not to mention various podcasts are all fantastic for the sport. One day when Bob retires maybe he will hand the reigns over to Breakfast with Talbot :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't watched the interviews all week like I've done in previous years, but I'm looking forward to seeing the first BwB Kona interview with Brownlee and the interview with new Hall of Famer Tim Deboom. I'm sure I'll go back and watch more of the interviews when it's cold and miserable this winter. The energy and enthusiasm of Bob, PonchoMan and the athletes, along with watching the surf in the background are enough for me. Kudos to Bob for the quantity of interviews he does.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Oct 10, 19 11:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vanchize wrote:
talbotcox wrote:

Why'd you use the Tesla logo though?

i'm so happy someone else noticed this.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
Shambolic wrote:

Jesus, Daniela Ryf's interview, like watching paint dry!
Honestly it was the same thing in Talbot's Kona series with her. Nothing she said couldn't have also been said by some age grouper who just qualified for the first time and was kind of excited to be there. Just nothing of substance. Pretty disappointing compared to someone like Laura Philipp who was super genuine and funny.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:

Same questions.
Same anecdotes.

Fully agree. This thing is getting old. How many times can this guy talk about Sarah Piampiano working 100 hour Wall Street weeks before doing Tri (which btw I have never believed).???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He looked totally distracted with Joe Skipper when Roth came up; I was wondering if he had been warned about mentioning the 'competition' :)

(I thought it looked a bit rude tbf)

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I disagree, I've been through most of them and I don't see the repetitiveness from last year.

Keep up the good work Bob, he's a very good interviewer also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:

Talbot: your work is great. And it is getting better. People are talking about what your are doing which is amazing. Keep it up.

Now do yourself a favor: You don't need to reply when people take cheap shots from the nose bleeds. Also, yeah, get a new Logo. Ask Aaron Palaian to do it for you. True story: I loaned him - interest free - $50K to start a race series which he later sold for a nice bundle. He owes me a favor, which actually he would do me a favor even if he didn't owe me because he is a good guy. None-the-less ask him to design a logo for you on the cheap. He is great at it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some of these were pretty bad. The Lucy Charles one was awful, 75% of the interview was a rehash of last year's. But some of these have also been very good.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poncho Man!
My only complaint is the random loud yells

i mean....none of it is ground breaking journalism - but is it really worth complaining about?
its good enough to play in the background at work and lets me stare longingly at Kona in the background
Last edited by: y_nigel: Oct 10, 19 8:24
Quote Reply

Prev Next