Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best racing clinchers
Quote | Reply
I have raced with tubulars for past 6 years, but want to go back to only clinchers for training and racing. Any suggestions on the best choice for racing clinchers?
Quote Reply
Re: Best racing clinchers [giddens79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
S works turbo cotton
Quote Reply
Re: Best racing clinchers [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eggplantOG wrote:
S works turbo cotton

This.
Quote Reply
Re: Best racing clinchers [Nick B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The S works turbo cotton looks like an interesting ride. My race tires are nearing the end of their (short) life cycle!

I'm currently rocking the Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX open tubular tire for race days on my clinchers.

Has anyone ridden both tires and how do you compare them?

Cheers :)
Quote Reply
Re: Best racing clinchers [Nick B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick B wrote:
eggplantOG wrote:
S works turbo cotton

This.

Facts and figures?

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm running a Conti Attack up front, and a GP4000S in the back. Then I bring along a spare GP4000S just in case, which I can flip on either wheel if required.
Quote Reply
Re: Best racing clinchers [chrisbint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure we could save a thread a day with an auto reply to these questions. Surprise Jack hasn't hit this yet.

https://docs.google.com/...V-7A/htmlview?pli=1#
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You do mean the tires right and not the wheel?

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Best racing clinchers [chrisbint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisbint wrote:
Nick B wrote:
eggplantOG wrote:
S works turbo cotton

This.

Facts and figures?

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/...sheriff-in-town.html

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Best racing clinchers [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tom, I had already been looking for your opinion. They look good, will have to try them out on the road bike. Just need to get some aero data on the new zipp clinchers, they also look nice.

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Out of interest, have you (or anyone else reading this, for that matter) seen any data or comment on the Veloflex Record now that it is produced in 22mm?

I can see that the old 20mm version is not the crr leader that it used to be, but was wondering if the new size had restored it to former glories.

In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Best racing clinchers [Old Albion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
chrisbint wrote:
Nick B wrote:
eggplantOG wrote:
S works turbo cotton

This.

Facts and figures?

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/...sheriff-in-town.html

Does the 24c Turbo Cotton fit with clearance on the older S5s?
Quote Reply
Re: Best racing clinchers [aravilare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aravilare wrote:

Yes. On my particular frame, it fit no problem in the fork, but the rear was close to hitting the brake mount plate. I couldn't run a new 23c GP4000S in the rear of that frame (since they're such a "tall" tire), but a 24 c Turbo Cotton was tight, but do-able. I had no problems putting a couple thousand miles on them in there ;-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
aravilare wrote:

Yes. On my particular frame, it fit no problem in the fork, but the rear was close to hitting the brake mount plate. I couldn't run a new 23c GP4000S in the rear of that frame (since they're such a "tall" tire), but a 24 c Turbo Cotton was tight, but do-able. I had no problems putting a couple thousand miles on them in there ;-)

I'll have to try them if the 23c GP4000S II I bought don't fit on the 2014 model. :\
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yo guys what do you think would be faster for im distance? The conti supersonic or s works turbo cotton? I saw in the table the ss had marginally better rr but the turbo has somewhat flat protection.. I rode the ss only once for a 135mi ride and got one flat. How do ya'll think they stack up aero vs rr vs flat vs durability? On wide rim 23mm ss 24mm turbo
Last edited by: eggplantOG: Apr 22, 15 19:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Conti GP4000S II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
giddens79 wrote:
I have raced with tubulars for past 6 years, but want to go back to only clinchers for training and racing. Any suggestions on the best choice for racing clinchers?

Continental Supersonic

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eggplantOG wrote:
Yo guys what do you think would be faster for im distance? The conti supersonic or s works turbo cotton? I saw in the table the ss had marginally better rr but the turbo has somewhat flat protection.. I rode the ss only once for a 135mi ride and got one flat. How do ya'll think they stack up aero vs rr vs flat vs durability? On wide rim 23mm ss 24mm turbo

Yesterday on my 75 mile ride I got a flat, I was riding one Supersonic (completely worn out, EOL) and one Gatorskin (25mm and a couple hundred miles) - guess which tire had the flat?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Best racing clinchers [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
eggplantOG wrote:

Yesterday on my 75 mile ride I got a flat, I was riding one Supersonic (completely worn out, EOL) and one Gatorskin (25mm and a couple hundred miles) - guess which tire had the flat?

The Gatorskin of course.
Quote Reply
Re: Best racing clinchers [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
eggplantOG wrote:

The Gatorskin of course.

Yes that is correct. The kicker is the reason the Supersonic is on there because I said I would either replace it when I hit the cords or I got flat, that was last year, as in like Jan of 2014. I don't know if it is the lucky SS or not, but it has been unbelievable

Quote Reply
Re: Best racing clinchers [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
giddens79 wrote:

Continental Supersonic

Compared to Continental Force/Attack….?
Quote Reply
Re: Best racing clinchers [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Best racing clinchers [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bcagle25 wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
giddens79 wrote:

Continental Supersonic

Compared to Continental Force/Attack….?

Continental supersonic and turbo cotton are the best
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
aravilare wrote:

Just to make sure, the Turbo Cotton should be fine for a couple thousand miles of everyday use? Significantly better wear resistance vs. the Open Corsas? How does it compare to the GP 4000S in terms of wear? Thanks!
Quote Reply

Prev Next