Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great race and it's clear who has the legs and who doesnt!
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [GREG_n_SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great race? Who knows. Great spectacle? Definitely.

I'm having a hard time believing and have my doubts.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [GREG_n_SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It really looks like Horner is going to win this. Wow.

My cycling knowledge brain is failing me...is Lemond the only other American to have won a Grand Tour? Making Horner the 2nd?

-Physiojoe

-Physiojoe
Instagram: @thephysiojoe
Cycling coach, Elite racer on Wooster Bikewerks p/b Wootown Bagels
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [Physiojoe925] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have till wait till Lemond and Horner go on Oprah before we know if any american has won a grand tour.

Maybe nobody ever won a grand tour? haha

Physiojoe925 wrote:
It really looks like Horner is going to win this. Wow.

My cycling knowledge brain is failing me...is Lemond the only other American to have won a Grand Tour? Making Horner the 2nd?

-Physiojoe

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [Physiojoe925] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, Andy Hampsten won the Giro.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn just read the recap on cycling news

I hope steephill or cyclingfans has video of the last 4km later today

I can't wait until Saturday, what an ending with the race still up for grabs!!

Best grand tour- I am officially sick of the TDF parade & nonsense
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I knew I was forgetting one.

Horner would still be oldest to win grand tour, first American to win Vuelta...

-Physiojoe

GREG_n_SD wrote:
No, Andy Hampsten won the Giro.

-Physiojoe
Instagram: @thephysiojoe
Cycling coach, Elite racer on Wooster Bikewerks p/b Wootown Bagels
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Until someone shows some solid evidence that Chris Horner is doping I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. And yes I'm 100% confident that he is rider #15, but that doesn't mean Levi was telling the truth (and unless I'm wrong he's the only rider who implicated him, and I find that odd, and I'd love to know the context of that conversation "Hey Levi did I mention I used EPO 3 years ago to prepare for TDS?"), and if he did dope then (which I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he did given the era), that doesn't mean he is now.

Regardless, it's been great racing.

echappist wrote:
Great race? Who knows. Great spectacle? Definitely.

I'm having a hard time believing and have my doubts.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't blame you for having your doubts, here is my thoughts on Horner
I been a Horner fan since 2009 when I was still a believer in Lance & they were good teammates- Lance called him Redneck.

Horner Loves climbing, we know this. He loves the longer climbs. He hates time trialing.
He has always been a domestique except in the US races, which he has won or placed top 3
He always does well in the Spain races- even won once or twice- placed top 5 many times
In 2010 he was 9th in TDF- could have been higher but was always looking out for team leader
In 2011 he was setting up for a good TDF but crashed out
In 2012 he was babysitting Frank Schleck & with so many TT's he never had a chance
This year he started off great but the 30% climbs 3 times in the Tirreno-Adriatico & bad weather he messed up his knee

This years Vuelta is perfect for him- 1 team time trial with a great team, 1 TT which he didn't lose too much time & so much climbing
I feel this is the perfect equation for him, we are seeing the true form in Horner that has been held back in previous years being a domestique or too many Time trails which knocked him out of contention

I am a believer that this years results will stand the time
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris Horner is something else, that's for sure!
http://gritandglimmer.com/...-ride-to-the-finish/

Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wtf is up with the timing in this Vuelta. Seems like the Spaniards have a thing for Italians. Horner should clearly be in the lead after the time situation from stage 2, just hope it does not cost him the red jersey in the end. Come on Angliru.

Sella Bici Tuning

Turning your saddle into a work of art
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [SBT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is it clear?
post your stopwatch log.

SBT wrote:
wtf is up with the timing in this Vuelta. Seems like the Spaniards have a thing for Italians. Horner should clearly be in the lead after the time situation from stage 2, just hope it does not cost him the red jersey in the end. Come on Angliru.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they gave Mollema the same time yesterday when he clearly had 2-3 seconds-

Stage 4 results were definitely flawed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yesterday was borderline, he sat up before he crossed, the field kept sprinting. It was likely slightly more than 1 second but didn't matter in the GC classification so likely the officials decided the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well he's sure a lot closer now...3 seconds! That was an awesome last 2 k to watch. Thought he was in red for a while until I saw the final GC result.
He can do it. Nibali looked wasted at the end.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [martman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow.
Horner is climbing out of his mind ... and into red by Saturday?
That would be stunning.
Painful to see Nibbles struggle so badly at the end of today's stage, even though I wasn't cheering for him.
What a tour.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [caf0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow exciting last 2 KM!!

Purito with the deserved victory & Horner back in red

Tomorrow will be epic!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hell yes Horner!
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [Kenny Powers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kenny Powers wrote:
awesome
jackmott wrote:
Power13 wrote:
jackmott wrote:
You called him delusional. You were wrong :)

You know it is a 3 week race, right?

I have no doubt you will adopt whatever mental gymnastics are required to argue that he was not a contender in this race even if he should win it.

Looking forward to the next exchange here haha.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [Karaya0321] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Nibali has any blood bags sitting around now would be the time to use them....
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [furiousferret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
furiousferret wrote:
If Nibali has any blood bags sitting around now would be the time to use them....

ouch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sure wish this was available in Seattle. Way better than the tour! And then cycling news feed went down just as they hit the last climb today!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
jackmott wrote:
Even before that he said he could win the Vuelta:

http://velonews.competitor.com/...to-the-vuelta_299936

He's delusional.....you don't suddenly develop into a GT contender @ 41. He has never once contended for a GC position in a GT. and if he does contend for the overall, there will be other reasons......like "15" of them. Wink

Mr Know-it-all was a bit wrong wasn't he. It's almost cute how "Power13" pretends like he knows what he's talking about.

Power13 wrote:
jackmott wrote:
He is contending, like he said he would.

Power13 wrote:

'Cuz taking the lead on day 3 is clearly the same thing as winning the Vuelta. OK, then.

Yeah, 'cuz every rider who holds a race lead after day 3 is "contending." Uh, OK.

His 9th place in the 2010 was largely due to one long break (w/ LA) and was allowed to go up the road because no one was a GC threat. And even then he still finished over 11' back.....that is not really contending. And to compare a ToC win to a GT is just silly. The peloton is filled with guys who can contest a 1 week race but not a 3 week race.

"Uh, OK."
Last edited by: hiphopster: Sep 13, 13 18:24
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [hiphopster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I think is interesting about the Vuelta, and the entire cycling season, is that nobody seems capable of riding two grand tours without struggling (or just plain sucking in the second race). Cav had a poor tour after the Giro, Vini Nibbles is 20 watts off his Giro numbers...I can't think of a single rider to have dominating form in more than one GT.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Vuelta Thread (yes, there will be spoilers in spades) [TriHanrahan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can watch it on steephill tv for free.
Last edited by: GREG_n_SD: Sep 14, 13 4:37
Quote Reply

Prev Next