Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2019 UCI Worlds and Late season cycling classics banter *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watching juniors TT now. Tiberi from Italy had his crank come apart off the start ramp. Swapping bikes was 20-25 secs. At one point got caught behind competitor’s support car. Rode hard and moved into lead position by around 7 secs. Hopefully he’ll hold that or a podium position!
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2019 UCI Worlds Late season cycling classics banter *Spoilers* [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
US close to a Jr. Men's world TT Title??

Nm, what a second half by the Italian!

OOph, did he fall apart in the last few Kms but still, what a ride for him but mostly Tiberi!

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Last edited by: hadukla: Sep 23, 19 8:44
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2019 UCI Worlds and Late season cycling classics banter *Spoilers* [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what a boss. So much went wrong, and still had the horsepower to win...
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2019 UCI Worlds and Late season cycling classics banter *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
what a boss. So much went wrong, and still had the horsepower to win...

Such a great effort and end to the story. When that crank came apart I seriously said why bother heading out? Crazy!
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2019 UCI Worlds Late season cycling classics banter *Spoilers* [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
Yeah, I can't remember I've done a TTT remotely this hilly and twisty. And looks like we'll also get rain. I would honestly be surprised if everyone stays upright on wet roads. I have a feeling they might want to test out the setup around the lap before next Sunday. Plus, I guess they need/want a lap for the relay (so women start where the men finish) so they can't use the TT courses.

When I saw the coverage yesterday you were either hammering the front or off the back. Looked like a mess. Boardman said you were losing contact in the turns. Traction issues or something else?

Best of luck on Wed! The forecast says that should be the "driest" day all week.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2019 UCI Worlds Late season cycling classics banter *Spoilers* [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
MTM wrote:
Yeah, I can't remember I've done a TTT remotely this hilly and twisty. And looks like we'll also get rain. I would honestly be surprised if everyone stays upright on wet roads. I have a feeling they might want to test out the setup around the lap before next Sunday. Plus, I guess they need/want a lap for the relay (so women start where the men finish) so they can't use the TT courses.

When I saw the coverage yesterday you were either hammering the front or off the back. Looked like a mess. Boardman said you were losing contact in the turns. Traction issues or something else?

Best of luck on Wed! The forecast says that should be the "driest" day all week.

The tactic was I was doing all the pulling on the straight sections the first 7-8km and the other two more explosive and technically better riders would do the last technical 6km by themselves since having me (or even a 3rd man in general) wouldn't help any or much on that part. The technical downhill after 4.5km was on purpose with them in front so they could relax for a moment in case I was slower then them through the hairpins before going in front and pulling again.

Having two crashes in a month as preparation is not something that makes you go faster in wet, downhill hairpins! Especially not when you also have a bigger race coming up three days later.

Anyway, I think the tactic worked - remember, we were all three Continental team riders so on paper I think only the UCI team might have been weaker. Even though it might have looked like I was out of shape and we were falling apart, haha. If our woman didn't have the mechanical we would probably have been 7th.

Thanks! Yeah, right now Wednesday looks dry - crossing my fingers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Such a close call for Quinn Simmons; 2nd and 4th are the worst finishing positions. But he's a monster and could have a real shot in road race.

Been listing to Wiggins podcast, which is now easily my favorite about bike riding. It's insightful, honest and witty in very much of a British way. Riding today I listened to the one published yesterday, and it's really good.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2019 UCI Worlds and Late season cycling classics banter *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
rruff wrote:
MTM wrote:

The tactic was I was doing all the pulling on the straight sections the first 7-8km and the other two more explosive and technically better riders would do the last technical 6km by themselves since having me (or even a 3rd man in general) wouldn't help any or much on that part. The technical downhill after 4.5km was on purpose with them in front so they could relax for a moment in case I was slower then them through the hairpins before going in front and pulling again.

Having two crashes in a month as preparation is not something that makes you go faster in wet, downhill hairpins! Especially not when you also have a bigger race coming up three days later.

Anyway, I think the tactic worked - remember, we were all three Continental team riders so on paper I think only the UCI team might have been weaker. Even though it might have looked like I was out of shape and we were falling apart, haha. If our woman didn't have the mechanical we would probably have been 7th.

Thanks! Yeah, right now Wednesday looks dry - crossing my fingers!

Good luck with your race; that course did not look fun, especially in the rain. I hope it stays dry Saturday and Sunday. Could be carnage...

Carl Spackler wrote:
Such a close call for Quinn Simmons; 2nd and 4th are the worst finishing positions. But he's a monster and could have a real shot in road race.
Been listing to Wiggins podcast, which is now easily my favorite about bike riding. It's insightful, honest and witty in very much of a British way. Riding today I listened to the one published yesterday, and it's really good.

would he become the first since Lemond to win a junior or U23 jersey if he manages it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the road, yeah. McNulty and Phinney both won junior worlds ITT.

Speaking of "first since," what are the chances a break sticks it or someone goes solo ala Kwiato? The course sounds technical and difficult to mount a chase if someone with the right engine fully commits. Add in rain and it gets even tougher.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2019 UCI Worlds and Late season cycling classics banter *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My thoughts exactly. Apparently showers everyday for the rest of the week...

Fook, i’d be institutionalized if i were to live there...
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2019 UCI Worlds and Late season cycling classics banter *Spoilers* [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SummitAK wrote:
Watching juniors TT now. Tiberi from Italy had his crank come apart off the start ramp. Swapping bikes was 20-25 secs. At one point got caught behind competitor’s support car. Rode hard and moved into lead position by around 7 secs. Hopefully he’ll hold that or a podium position!

Tiberi is a boss. Calm, cool, collected and faaast. Kid looked so smooth and strong on the TT rig. Chapeau kid!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rumblings from Yorkshire...considering rescheduling the women's ITT due to flooded roads and rain the in the forecast the rest of the evening. The option is to run it tomorrow before the men's ITT.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2019 UCI Worlds and Late season cycling classics banter *Spoilers* [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ShawnF wrote:
Rumblings from Yorkshire...considering rescheduling the women's ITT due to flooded roads and rain the in the forecast the rest of the evening. The option is to run it tomorrow before the men's ITT.

Looks like it is starting now. One would think they would have contingency plans for rain in a rainy place.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2019 UCI Worlds and Late season cycling classics banter *Spoilers* [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know she doesn't have much of a chance to podium but I am still excited to see Lisa Norden out there! Even more so to see what Chloe Dygart can do.

It is starting now and they have shortened the start intervals from 1:30 to just 1m in between

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2019 UCI Worlds and Late season cycling classics banter *Spoilers* [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
I know she doesn't have much of a chance to podium but I am still excited to see Lisa Norden out there! Even more so to see what Chloe Dygart can do.

It is starting now and they have shortened the start intervals from 1:30 to just 1m in between

Dygart will do well. Norden not so much.

also, holy s***, downhill cobbled streets in the wet? yikes
Last edited by: echappist: Sep 24, 19 7:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
hadukla wrote:

Dygart will do well. Norden not so much.

also, holy s***, downhill cobbled streets in the wet? yikes

The commentator about Lisa: "She was a bit of a triathlete"... guess that's what happens when you just get silver at the Olympics.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2019 UCI Worlds and Late season cycling classics banter *Spoilers* [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chloe passes Lisa Brennauer!!

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2019 UCI Worlds and Late season cycling classics banter *Spoilers* [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chloe is tearing through everyone. this is exciting! no time check yet against AVDB or AVV

ETA: AVDB checks in 1m30s down from Chloe. Awaiting AVV

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Last edited by: hadukla: Sep 24, 19 8:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chloe has the stripes, no way AVV comes back from 1:10 down. What an amazing ride to witness!!

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy shit! I guess Dygart has gotten over crash nerves!

Will she win the road race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Her time was so good, that she'd have finished 11th with the U23 men (she's U23). Impressive, not to mention she beats the snot out of everyone else in the field.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2019 UCI Worlds and Late season cycling classics banter *Spoilers* [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:

Didja see what she did to the field at the Colorado Classic?

Let me sum up: Four days, four stages, four wins, four jerseys

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm...Ashton and Chloe have been smashed big events in the new Velotec suit. I don't think the two American u-23 guys could be upset Mikkel Berg but it is interesting that they got stuck with the Assos kit.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2019 UCI Worlds and Late season cycling classics banter *Spoilers* [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
rruff wrote:

Didja see what she did to the field at the Colorado Classic?

Let me sum up: Four days, four stages, four wins, four jerseys

well, the competition was not as strong as it is at Worlds, but point taken

that said, she ain't the record holder for Individual Pursuit for nothing, and she did that one year younger and against fully grown adults. Actually, her "sparring partner" was none other than Van Vleuten, and Dygert actually lapped the later...
Last edited by: echappist: Sep 24, 19 9:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We had here in 2 weeks ago, and we got her drag number down far lower than I thought possible for someone her size. Once we saw that number, combined with her power, it was just a matter of execution. Huge props go out to Kristin Armstrong and her husband, Joe Savola.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply

Prev Next