Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Racing this weekend...anyone?
Quote | Reply
Hey,

Anyone racing this weekend? I'm headed to Wasa Lake for an Olympic distance. First race of the year, super excited!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is the second day of the rest of your life if you started keeping track yesterday
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [Cannonball] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm racing an Olympic Distance in Connecticut, hoping to get my first finish of the year (after two injury-induced DNF's).

Good luck to both of us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a sprint on Long Island - more of a training race as recovering from unexpected Mooseman race and a medical issue.

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blue Lake in Portland area...Sunday, Oly distance.

Ryan
Engineer. Duathlete. Roadie. Human.
CAPA Cycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am racing in my first triathlon this weekend. The Hyannis Sprint 1 Tri as part of the USAT U19 Northeast Series...as I am still a young lad. Has anyone raced there before/how is the race, course, etc?? Good luck to all who are competing this weekend!
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [WICKtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Racing on Olympic distance here in Louisville (well, actually Shelbyville) - ready to cash in my training tickets and see what it will get me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First tri in St. Louis on Sunday. Rec-Plex sprint(ish) distance. Should be a good start to the season.
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [b3booner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like that, "cash in your training tickets". I've been thinking a similar thing, I feel better/stronger then I have for any race start so I'm wondering what sort of result that's going to net me.

Best of luck to everyone!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is the second day of the rest of your life if you started keeping track yesterday
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [Tri_Chiro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
First tri in St. Louis on Sunday. Rec-Plex sprint(ish) distance. Should be a good start to the season.

I'll be there, too. Although, I did Race for Sight last month, so this'll be #2 on the season for me.

Steve

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm at Wasa this weekend too for my first race of the season. If you see a tall, thin guy with a black Titanflex, stop by and say hi.

With all the fuss about IMCDA water temps, I can't help but wonder what the water is like in Wasa lake right now. At least, maybe it's cold enough to hold back the mosquitoes this year. ;)

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
F1 style duathlon in Austin - run, bike, run, bike, run. 1st ever(this format) and I'm guessing it's going to be really painful.
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will do, what AG are you in? I'm 35-39 riding a black and yellow Scott Plasma. I've heard that the lake is pretty shallow so it warms up a bit quicker than some of the other lakes around there but with the weather the way it's been I can't imagine it's warmed up at all. I haven't done any open water swiming yet this year so I'm going to jump in on Saturday to feel it out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AG 40-44.

I'll be the guy swimming in the black wetsuit, and wearing lycra on the bike. ;)

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too funny, I'll be wearing the same thing! The only difference is that I'll be really sweaty...pretty much the whole time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oly on Sunday at Blue Lake as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1/2 Ironman in Lawrence, Ks. Otherwise I would be in St Louis/St Charles also doing the Rec-Plex Race. Its a great little race that they have in the spring and fall, same course always and a good way to judge your improvments over the summer and winter, I will miss doing that race this spring :(. But I will be back in the Fall before my big race (Ironman Arizona)
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [johnfkemp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha!

I agree Rec Plex is a fun race, and the RDs do a good job.

However, I have to comment about it always being the same course... I've done the last four of them (Spring/Fall 2006, Spring/Fall 2007) and I don't think we've had the same run course twice, yet. It's always been just a little different. And, this year, it looks like they're going to be forced into having a different bike course due to flooding out by the turn-around. Crazy.

Steve

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I'm heading to the home of the Stanley Cup Champion Detroit Red Wings for the Motor City Triathlon on Sunday.
Gonna do this Olympic distance race on scenic, historical Belle Isle. Then exchange some text messages with the Mayor.
And then take my mom & dad to the Tigers / Dodgers game at CoPa for Fathers Day.

And I will be listening to Eminem, Kid Rock, Iggy Pop, White Stripes and old Motown collections the whole time.
Maybe I'll mix in some techno.... (okay, probably not).

AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A DETROIT PARTY!

beyourownsuperhero
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [WICKtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am racing in my first triathlon this weekend. The Hyannis Sprint 1 Tri as part of the USAT U19 Northeast Series...as I am still a young lad. Has anyone raced there before/how is the race, course, etc?? Good luck to all who are competing this weekend!
I've done the Hyannis Sprint 1 twice.

Once in 2002 and once in 2003.

I remember that the Red Wings won a triple overtime game in the Stanley Cup finals the night after the 2002 race and the 2003 race was altered due to rain and dangerous surf conditions.

so... there ya go.

beyourownsuperhero
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [Action Figure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice, sounds like full day. I'd leave out the techno as well. Best of luck at the race.

Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you are correct now that I think of it, the run has changed a few times. I have also raced in this for the last 3 years or so both spring and fall (A nice gettaway for a weekend from the Kansas City area). Its still a nice race and well ran as long as you miss the train (So far I have each time. fingers now crossed). Good luck on the bike if it changes. Oh well see you in the fall!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SandyHooker's tri in Long Branch, NJ. Will count myself lucky if the water temp is >60.

Last weekend it was 57.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Battle of Midway Oly in Midway, Utah. Water 55, snowed yesterday morning. Praying for high pressure system. It's a great race and venue though. Craig Walton and Emma Snowsill won Pro's last year.
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [CatIsTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm doing a sprint race on Long Island too - Gold Coast. First race after a spring with an injury. Can't wait!
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [bobcowin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's the one I am supposed to do - but just made the decision to DNS - medical issue that is not worth racing over....
good luck

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply

Prev Next