Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Race Week Series - Lionel Sanders Youtube [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you again for all the comments and the ideas. Looking forward to St George in a few weeks time.

Here is Lionel's Post Race Thoughts

Quote Reply
Re: Race Week Series - Lionel Sanders Youtube [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
question / comment:

I assume a very high percentage of your content is consumed...on the bike trainer. Do you think about that at all? That is my way of saying...I wouldn't mind everything being longer : )
Quote Reply
Re: Race Week Series - Lionel Sanders Youtube [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wait til dinner time to watch Lionels vids

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
one other extremely important thing: does anyone else think Lionel sounds just a little bit like Daniel Planinview (Daniel Day Lewis) from There Will Be Blood?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHz-zZoBnbc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fantastic job, Talbot!!

I so very much enjoyed this and appreciated that it took a lot of LS's time and was happy other pros in the race made some comments. So great to have this, and sad we cannot compare to actual race day footage/comments as they happen...

But I am hopeful for more, and longer, and more post race comments from the other terrific pros. I also agree with the need for longer draft zones...for the pros.

I think I am now (another) Lionel fanboy...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Count me as one of the many who love it! I am still pleasantly surprised with how much you are able to put out and how much Lionel is willing to put out there.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep up the good work. Love the videos.

I’d like to see a bit more detail on what Lionel eats/drinks leading up to a race; whether it differs, if at all, from regular training.
Quote Reply
Re: Race Week Series - Lionel Sanders Youtube [ltc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ltc wrote:
Keep up the good work. Love the videos.

I’d like to see a bit more detail on what Lionel eats/drinks leading up to a race; whether it differs, if at all, from regular training.

Really liked the series, and I think it does wonders for the sport to showcase the characters in the pro field.

Personally I would also like to hear thoughts on nutrition and also gear choices to add more depth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want to see a Lionel Sanders vs Cam Wurf race week.
Quote Reply
Re: Race Week Series - Lionel Sanders Youtube [42under240] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
42under240 wrote:
The series are awesome, but if you don't need to edit the video materials - please add more minutes :)
9 minutes are going too fast.

This exactly.

The "drama" element, feel of a reality show (but one with intelligent people ;) ), surprise cameo appearances (well Sam is no longer a surprise) and comedy are all making time fly by, literally.

While the "regular" Lionel videos were good, this series is absolutely smashing it. As an additional bonus, we see more Erin, and she's featured rather than staying in the background, and I like that.

To me, the more athletes talk on screen, the better - as long as these aren't your typical Breakfast with Bob platitudes about how hard they worked and how they're hoping to do well. And they sure aren't being boring here, you're not allowing any fluff.

(I do like BwB, but for other reasons).

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Apr 13, 21 23:34
Quote Reply
Re: Race Week Series - Lionel Sanders Youtube [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great videos Talbot (and Lionel)! They give a nice insight into the life of a pro triathlete and makes you realise they're also only human. Keep up the good work!
Quote Reply
Re: Race Week Series - Lionel Sanders Youtube [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
rhys wrote:
its hilarious Ironman was bought for some $730MM by a...wait for it...media company.

The video feed of the race by Ironman was the finish line 2 minutes before Lionel wins with workers barely getting the finish tape across in time for him to cross.

Even better, I think Talbot is banned by WTC for taking photos on course during Kona race one year without credentials. Nothing like biting the hand that feeds.

Yeah - I know people want more live coverage from Talbot but I am sure he's got some sort of suspension or limit going on. If you saw his podium insta story - you can see where IM didn't give him access. Kenny Withrow was able to be in there and do an insta live with a bunch of the guys. Sad state of affairs.

Had I known to check ST for people hungry for coverage I would’ve taken more videos although I didn’t want to look like a creep. I volunteered at this race for the sole purpose of getting exposure to the pros. Didn’t know that about Talbot and WTC. I was there at the finish line for the men and got randomly picked to hold the banner for Skye. It was a great experience.

Talbot, awesome content. Like I said before, I wish I had known how things were with the coverage. I took videos of LS, BK, SL, HJ etc along the run course for laps one and two that I would’ve gladly let you use for the post race video

swim.bike.run.soccer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
love the approach to involve some other pros. very forward thinking. awesome, awesome stuff overall can't wait for the next series, keep it up and thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Loving the content!

As someone is relatively new to triathlon, your videos have definitely helped bring the sport to life for me. The sport has such high barriers to entry, but coverage like yours definitely helps to break it down and add so much color and personality. Def much needed IMO, and I think a huge step in the right direction towards bringing tri to a bigger audience!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the amazing content Talbot. I love the unedited raw footage. What you're doing really reminds me of the UFC. I think you could film a whole hour swim practice with the athlete's bantering and you'd get 10k+ views. Incorporating more pros is a great idea as you are essentially building characters and making athletes more well recognized. Lionel's videos are my favorite, but i think we're seeing Sam Long channeling Conor McGregor! "I apologize for Fking nothing!" I want to be entertained. You can't please everyone. If i may...... request a video on Lionel's flexiblity training/ strength training? Thanks again!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New race week series coming up today! I hope it's at least half as entertaining as the last one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYNGujqKt4o

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
question / comment:

I assume a very high percentage of your content is consumed...on the bike trainer. Do you think about that at all? That is my way of saying...I wouldn't mind everything being longer : )

I agree....its trainer watching for me too. Really like the 1 hour Kona footage with music for trainer sessions.
Quote Reply
Re: Race Week Series - Lionel Sanders Youtube [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great series, love it!

Looking forward to this weekends race!
Quote Reply
Re: Race Week Series - Lionel Sanders Youtube [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spoiler alert: it is!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New subreddit where Lionel fanboys won't be shamed: https://www.reddit.com/r/lionelsanders/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talbot,

Your Last 5K dual between Lionel and Sam is super compelling. The funny thing is all you had to do was be in the right place and hold the camera steady, the athletes and the fans made the video. Outstanding work. Thanks for all of the work you do.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: Race Week Series - Lionel Sanders Youtube [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDJ wrote:
Talbot,

Your Last 5K dual between Lionel and Sam is super compelling. The funny thing is all you had to do was be in the right place and hold the camera steady, the athletes and the fans made the video. Outstanding work. Thanks for all of the work you do.

+1

I was impressed with how you stayed quiet and let the guys just race. It was very astute and professional of you to resist any temptation there may have been to cheer or provide time or distance gap information, particularly at the end.

Are YOU in the Zone?
http://www.discomfortzone.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Along with everybody else, I love this series. Seriously next level coverage and insight.

I especially enjoy how you have been bringing other athletes into the videos, it is great to get to know them better. Hats off to Lionel for opening this door to his competitors on HIS channel - so nice to see a channel that is not totally focussed on one person! And kudos to the other athletes who are ready to participate in the channel. It’s a win-win for everybody.

The daily race week videos offer great insight to the real life of a pro triathlete and is a great build up to each race - you can literally see the nerves and the tension build through the week.

I don’t think it would be an overstatement to say that you guys are doing more for the promotion of triathlon than Ironman plus Challenge combined have done to promote the sport in the last 10 years. It is great to see. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Race Week Series - Lionel Sanders Youtube [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Talbot,

Agreed, Dave!

Watching Talbot's raw video of the final 5km was amazing!

1) Outstanding stealth camera work by Talbot!

2) It's so rare in triathlon, particularly the longer races to see these extended shoulder-to-shoulder duels deep in the run. It's usually a pass, faster overtaking slower, and then back to solo efforts. Which is not terribly exciting!

3) Good grief - EVERYONE on the sidelines and AGers on the course cheering for LS. I think I heard only a couple of "Go Sam" shouts. Chapeau for Sam Long - no sideline love but still a great race!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Race Week Series - Lionel Sanders Youtube [chgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chgrubb wrote:
Along with everybody else, I love this series. Seriously next level coverage and insight.

I especially enjoy how you have been bringing other athletes into the videos, it is great to get to know them better. Hats off to Lionel for opening this door to his competitors on HIS channel - so nice to see a channel that is not totally focussed on one person! And kudos to the other athletes who are ready to participate in the channel. It’s a win-win for everybody.

The daily race week videos offer great insight to the real life of a pro triathlete and is a great build up to each race - you can literally see the nerves and the tension build through the week.

I don’t think it would be an overstatement to say that you guys are doing more for the promotion of triathlon than Ironman plus Challenge combined have done to promote the sport in the last 10 years. It is great to see. Thank you!

^^^^This.

It's a given if you are on ST that you love triathlon, but the reality is most of us can't fully relate to the pros. Sure, we all put time in training and racing, but I can't ride Jan's or LS's IM power for 5 minutes so there's only so much association I can make with them watching from afar. However, when I get to see the personal side, I can emotionally bond. So, if the sport is to grow and/or the pros want more love, they have to put themselves out there.

Maybe shame on me, but I had no idea who Sam Long was until a few weeks ago when he started appearing in LS's videos. Now, he's moved into my favs. Similarly, I knew who LCB was but after watching her 1500M Olympic video, I've now gone back and watched a bunch of her other content and started following her on social media.
Quote Reply

Prev Next