Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Pissed at the USAT clothing rules....AG rant...
Quote | Reply
I know this doesn't concerne most, but I just got my guidlines for the national team clothing for all the USAT world championships. Clothing is supplied by Orca( actually sold to us at full pop minus the dealer, so their take is double going consumer direct). We have to buy the mandatory items as usual, but what slays me is that you cannot put any sponsor on your suit that conflicts with Orca. That means any company that makes clothing, which is just about everybody. Every bike, running, and swimming company make clothing, not to mention any one who also makes wetsuits. And as far as I can tell, the worlds is a non wetsuit race... I t is just another case of heaping the financial load on the Ag'rs back. AG sponsors don't get a lot for their support usually, but they do it to help certain athletes that they like. It would be nice if they could get their little 1 inch logo on their athletes at the premeir event in the world for AG'ers. I could understand it a bit if the uniforms were a sponsorship to the athletes, but to force them to buy them, and then prohibit any other sponsors to be represented is just silly. Just more of the same from our braindead governing body.....
Quote Reply
Re: Pissed at the USAT clothing rules....AG rant... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Just more of the same from our braindead governing body..... "

There certainly isn't anything common about common sense, especially when it comes to those in power.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't get me started on USAT...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sux, no two ways about it. But if you want to get round it, go with body temp transfers... what they going to do on race day, rub them off? Or is there another mindless rule about that too

Weeman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Name one sport that lets athletes put sponsors (not teams, sponsors of the individual athlete) logos on their national team gear.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: Pissed at the USAT clothing rules....AG rant... [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very few, if any. But that only applies when the sporting governing body in question is providing uniforms, and not demanding you buy them.
Quote Reply
Re: Pissed at the USAT clothing rules....AG rant... [weeman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree about the making you buy them part, but no national team allows individual sponsor logos.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about the sponsor temp tattoos on the arms?
Quote Reply
Re: Pissed at the USAT clothing rules....AG rant... [jman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Golden Palace.com?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monty, are they going to do a uniform check before the race? If they don't, just logo it anyway you want and let them make a big stink about it as they watch you go by...in the race.

*Your Mama*
Quote Reply
Re: Pissed at the USAT clothing rules....AG rant... [Milan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just don't complain if they don't let you compete for the national team again.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when you go on the podium, put a big towel on your shoulders, with all your sponsors on it...so you hide their sponsor and show yours...

I thought after the Dream Team going to the olympics, everyone would know the trick...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jordan certainly wore Nike's when team USA was sponsered by Reebok.

Does this mean you aren't allowed to use Pearl Izumi bike shoes? Nike running shoes? LG Helmets? Cervelo makes clothing, can you ride a P3? If wesuits were legal, would they force you to buy an Orca wetsuit?
Last edited by: ezrahallam: Jul 25, 05 18:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Clothing is supplied by Orca( actually sold to us at full pop minus the dealer, so their take is double going consumer direct)."

i've been complaining about this for years. and i'll never go to nat'ls again as long as they continue to rip off the AGers in this very blatant fashion. this NGB makes $400,000 per year profit off the AGers, and then further demands that the best of the AGers allow themselves to be ripped off. ripped off. stolen from. i've always been a big USAT supporter, but USAT are the worst kind of thieves on this issue. so i'll continue to support the federation in every way i can, but i'll be boycotting nat'ls until they stop doing this.

furthermore, i'm going to organize a widespread boycott of next year's nationals unless they stop this thievery.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Pissed at the USAT clothing rules....AG rant... [ezrahallam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Jordan certainly wore Nike's when team USA was sponsered by Reebok.[/reply]

Did he wear a Nike logo on the Reebok uniform? No, he wore Nike shoes, just like you can wear any shoes you want. They simply won't let you put a logo on the official team uniform. Nobody let's people put individual sponsors logos on national team uniforms.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll name one, triathlon. If my sponsor was Marlboro, or Budweiser, then I could have their logos on the jersey. It's just that they they have it set up, so that no other real sponsor can be represented. It's sad that an orginization with millions in the bank, has to sell out it's members for a few thousand dollars. Here is how this ponzi scheme works. A company pays some amount of dollars to USAT to be the official clothing sponsor. Not sure how much, but I gather in the low 10's of thousands of dollars. The company gets the monopoly on supplying clothing to all USAT world championship teams( once again I mean selling at full pop), they get back their original investment back on the back of the AG'ers, and have no money invested, and get the exclusive rights to be on our backs for the big world championship races. It's really a very sweet deal for the clothing company, I don't blame them for jumping on it. I'm just pissed at USAT, in that they set it up like this, just so they can make a few extra bucks from us, especially when there is plenty of our money in their bank accounts right now. How about a real sponsor, one who gives the clothing for the privelage of being the world championship clothing sponsor. Don not call Orca the sponsor when we pay for the clothing....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look, I think it's BS that they make us buy team uniforms, but you can argue 'till the cows come home and it won't convince me that it is ok to put other sponsors on the national team kit. No other sport allows individual sponsors logos on national team uniforms.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's one weird sponsorship deal. usually I get discounts from my sponsor. At all the World Championships I've raced in, we were always allowed to logo up even if in conflict. I'd logo up, maybe over the Orca logo, and roll the dice. I've never seen them check uniforms.

In years past, I thought the clothing prices to be reasonable, but I have a short memory for that stuff.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about shaving other logos into your hair?
Get a hat embroidered with sponsers' logos? (Orca doesn't make hats.
Put stickers on your wheels.
Last edited by: ezrahallam: Jul 25, 05 18:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like I just said, maybe you don't get it, our sport allows it. We can put our sponsors on our uniforms, we are groundbreaking on that issue, like so many others. The problem is that they have sold us out to the highest bidder, and ruined the the great breakthrough on team uniforms and sponsor logos. And I don't want to hear any more about pro sports and thier logos, I'm talking run of the mill AG'ers here, not millionaires playing other sports....
Quote Reply
Re: Pissed at the USAT clothing rules....AG rant... [ezrahallam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Send Plumb an email about this.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Pissed at the USAT clothing rules....AG rant... [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
/ That's one weird sponsorship deal. usually I get discounts from my sponsor. At all the World Championships I've raced in, we were always allowed to logo up even if in conflict. I'd logo up, maybe over the Orca logo, and roll the dice. I've never seen them check uniforms/.

Exactly, but in the grand scheme of things, don't you think a sponsor should be just that? A company that supplies the clothing or products gratis, and gets the benifit of the exposure and good will that will generate. Under these conditions, I not only have no good will towards Orca, but will figure out a way to circumvent this really bad deal.....

As for paying a fair price for past clothing, yes it is fair. Usually regular retail, or 10% off as I recall. That would be great if I were going into my local store to just buy some clothes, but not to be the so called sponsor of my US national team......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And it does get expensive to compete in the worlds. Monty, what's the approximate cost of the mandatory clothing? Two years ago it was a race uniform, a parade shirt and shorts. You can't use the one you bought a few years back a second time, I assume. Yeah, it's an honor to make it onto team USA, but like IM races, the costs add up quick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your argument assumes that Orca are in fact a sponsor- which is not the case. If it were I would agree with you. But the uniform is being paid for and as such belongs to the athlete and not the Governing body, so who the fuck do they think they are selling you somethign and then telling you how to wear it. Tom was right, it is thieving at its best. If it were me I would put my sponsor on it and say screw them, if they want to get stupid about it- then so be it. But I a with Tom on the boycott on this one

Weeman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Australian team has the same deal, but are allowed to put their own sponsor logos on as long as they are a certain size. I can't remember how big.
Quote Reply

Prev Next