Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Peeing on the bike + Road cycling shoes/Giro Empires
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, just in case there is some technique I'm missing here I thought it was a good idea to post this.

For those who are doing their IM bike leg in road cycling shoes (Giro empire for me, they are just too damn comfy), do you have issues with pooling in your shoes?

My last race the drainage on the Empires didn't really do a whole lot and I was sloshing around for a few KMs.

Quote Reply
Re: Peeing on the bike + Road cycling shoes/Giro Empires [aavlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I drilled several drain holes thru the carbon soles, helped immensely with drainage and ventilation
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing on the bike + Road cycling shoes/Giro Empires [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my approach. It is inspired by watching male dogs piss.
On a flat to slight downhill with minimal spectators, first check that no one is close behind.
1) Straighten left leg with pedal at bottom of stroke.
2) Unclip right cleat.
3) Lift right leg out to side, at 35 degree angle kind of how a dog pisses.
4) Whip out pecker and aim toward ground at about a 45 degree angle, and toward the side at around a 45 degree angle to bike frame.
5) Piss with strong flow. Piss stream will loop under your right leg trailing behind you.

I am a MPO rider, so the extra 30 seconds lost doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as sitting in my piss. Plus, it makes me feel more connected to nature.
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing on the bike + Road cycling shoes/Giro Empires [aavlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
your lucky day...

The funniest thread on ST of all time for your pleasure AND education...

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._I_Liked_It_P3467762

enjoy!

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing on the bike + Road cycling shoes/Giro Empires [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good lord. This is the best thing I've read on here in a while. Thanks.

Don't drown. Don't crash. Don't walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you should be happy it was pooling in your shoes, I hope it was a great reminder to work on your hydration strategy. Which would be the answer to your "problem", and not drilling holes in your shoes.

But thanks for the great read =)
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing on the bike + Road cycling shoes/Giro Empires [rotosound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rotosound wrote:
Good lord. This is the best thing I've read on here in a while. Thanks.

+1

So much fun reading the entire thread
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing on the bike + Road cycling shoes/Giro Empires [chrissie1993] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Condom catheter........that is all.......it's a thing in enduro mtb and enduro off road car racing.
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing on the bike + Road cycling shoes/Giro Empires [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wintershade wrote:
3) Lift right leg out to side, at 35 degree angle kind of how a dog pisses.
4) Whip out pecker and aim toward ground at about a 45 degree angle, and toward the side at around a 45 degree angle to bike frame.
5) Piss with strong flow. Piss stream will loop under your right leg trailing behind you.

If your leg is at 35* and your nozzle is at 45*, don't you pretty much drench your leg?
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing on the bike + Road cycling shoes/Giro Empires [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Condom catheter........that is all.......it's a thing in enduro mtb and enduro off road car racing.

And drysuit diving. Have some in the closet in fact but not sure I’m gonna strap one of those puppies on in an IM :p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you keep your feet at 3 and 9 then it will not all go down one leg, and some will not go down the leg at all
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing on the bike + Road cycling shoes/Giro Empires [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wintershade wrote:

Other than doing this would be illegal in most places and against all Triathlon regulations. You cannot whip it out it has to stay in your shorts or you violate the indecency rules.
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing on the bike + Road cycling shoes/Giro Empires [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right. It looks like Ironman handbook rule #666 clearly states: "Athletes shall not whip out their peckers. The public display of a damp pecker, shriveled from lack of blood circulation and covered in Chamois Butter, is is more indecent than soiling yourself."
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing on the bike + Road cycling shoes/Giro Empires [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alright, here we go. just buy one of these bad boys and have the hose sticking out the leg of your trisuit.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DMI-Portable-Wearable-Men-s-Urinal-One-Size-Fits-Most/32427477?athcpid=32427477&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVAV&athieid=v0&athstid=CS002&athguid=466001f5-aef453f5-29da316f8dcbd488&athena=true
Quote Reply