Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Paging Tom A...Gravel Tire Rolling Resistance??? [chrisgrigsby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Tom, any huge revelations as of late? I picked up a set of the new Rene Herse 700x42 Hurricane Ridge knobbies with the Endurance casing for my Enve G23s. They are undeniably comfortable, and the traction is unreal—both on and off pavement—but I definitely feel more “drag”, either from the weight or the rolling resistance. I rode one of my typical loops today on my Enve 3.4ARs with Hutchinson Sector 28s and was about 1.5-2mph faster. Hard to say how much was the tire and how much was the aero wheel profile. I was also surprisingly comfortable on the 28s but they are obviously no match for the looser gravel. But this has me wondering if I should swap the knobbies on my G23s for the Snoqualmie Pass and wait til Winter to swap back.
Quote Reply
Re: Paging Tom A...Gravel Tire Rolling Resistance??? [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:

The box came...by my "hand feel", the sidewalls don't appear to have much, if any, additional rubber on them...yesssss...

My hope is that these end up being the "Goldilocks" tire of the textured/treaded realm (i.e. a treaded tire that rolls on pavement as fast as other "smooth/file" offerings").

Of course, that would also bode well for the TLR version of the file tread Strada Bianca, especially in a 650B x 46 offering that has been touted.

Tom, have you had a chance yet to evaluate the vulcanized TLR Strada Bianca?

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Mar 31, 20 7:36
Quote Reply
Re: Paging Tom A...Gravel Tire Rolling Resistance??? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
Tom A. wrote:

The box came...by my "hand feel", the sidewalls don't appear to have much, if any, additional rubber on them...yesssss...

My hope is that these end up being the "Goldilocks" tire of the textured/treaded realm (i.e. a treaded tire that rolls on pavement as fast as other "smooth/file" offerings").

Of course, that would also bode well for the TLR version of the file tread Strada Bianca, especially in a 650B x 46 offering that has been touted.

Tom, have you had a chance yet to evaluate the vulcanized TLR Strada Bianca?

I haven't...but, mostly because they never came out with the 650Bx46 version :-(

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next